Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:34:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Both centralized exchanges and dex arent perfect  (Read 492 times)
Dariusburst (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 08:49:52 AM

Centralized exchanges can easily expose users data but they have the best platform for traders, highest volumes etc and on the other hand Decentralized exchanges have nothing to do with users data, pretty more safer than centralized exchanges but lacks good interface and also has high trading fee and of course lacks good volume, is there any where else to run to ?
TanakabZX

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 08:52:50 AM

Nothing is ever perfect in this space, you should just choose whichever works better for you, as for me I'm not ready to risks my data so on that part you can avoid not giving centralized exchanges your information, you can still trade on binance with no KYC, the fact is centralized exchanges have more advantage over DEX, the choice is yours

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
SaRmY

Activity: 645
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 09:23:31 AM

Yes, with exchanges in general, everything is ambiguous. Decentralized ones are also very convenient. If you want to trade, go to the centralized one. If you want to exchange, go to Dex. You say the commission is high? Is it lower for centralized exchanges? I'm attracted to Dex only by its simplicity. Entered exchanged forgot. No authenticators, passwords or phone verification.

I like that some multi wallets already have auto swap. Quickly exchanged coins inside the wallet and sent them where necessary. It's a pity that new projects get into such wallets for an extremely long time.
joseyphil82

Activity: 742
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 09:28:28 AM

Yes, with exchanges in general, everything is ambiguous. Decentralized ones are also very convenient. If you want to trade, go to the centralized one. If you want to exchange, go to Dex. You say the commission is high? Is it lower for centralized exchanges? I'm attracted to Dex only by its simplicity. Entered exchanged forgot. No authenticators, passwords or phone verification.

I like that some multi wallets already have auto swap. Quickly exchanged coins inside the wallet and sent them where necessary. It's a pity that new projects get into such wallets for an extremely long time.
Presently DEX fee are higher than any top exchanges I know, many are already complaining about this and some stop using DEX because of this high fee, also DEX isn't that attractive and dashboard can be confusing for new users, DEX platforms need to learn alot from CEX

bluebit25

Activity: 1680
Merit: 292

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2020, 09:43:25 AM

Centralized exchanges can easily expose users data but they have the best platform for traders, highest volumes etc and on the other hand Decentralized exchanges have nothing to do with users data, pretty more safer than centralized exchanges but lacks good interface and also has high trading fee and of course lacks good volume, is there any where else to run to ?
As you can see, both CEX and DEX have their own problems which i think are the ones that i think make up for the user. Obviously when you use a service you will always get asked to accept their rule. The problem i have is that i find it a bit inconvenient to use on DEX the fee is usually very high (uniswap).

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Novatech8

Activity: 700
Merit: 27

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 10:21:29 AM

You need to use both CEX and DEX to understand and choose which one is better for your need, I've used both and I'm still more into centralized projects for few reasons, the only thing DEX get better with is security, users are in total control of their funds but every other things aren't to satisfying

CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 10:37:36 AM

You need to use both CEX and DEX to understand and choose which one is better for your need, I've used both and I'm still more into centralized projects for few reasons, the only thing DEX get better with is security, users are in total control of their funds but every other things aren't to satisfying

At the end of the day, it is up to the user which one he will use to trade with. There are pros and cons on both sides. And you will be the one to assess which one really suits your needs at a particular situation. Because for example, not all the time that DEX has the coin that you want to trade with and it is only found in CEX. And admit it, most of the time, there is no trading volume in DEX. Both types of exchanges are not perfect, but it is on you how you will lessen the potential screw up of your privacy. Submit your KYC only when necessary and make sure the site is legit, not to those never-heard exchanges.
sulis sudibyo

Activity: 882
Merit: 11

Volare.network

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2020, 10:46:54 AM

There is no other choice. You have to choose DEX or CEX, there are only these two options. the most important thing you have to know what your goals are, if you want to become a daily trader. CEX is a great choice. You will not be burdened by very high transaction fees for every order you make. different if you only want to sell coins once in a while. DEX is the right choice, what's more that the coin doesn't have an official market.

so understand in advance, what you want to do. then you can choose which one you want to use.

───[  Volare.Network  ]───
─────────────[  The First Commercial Blockchain Network from EQBR Technology  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    mVOLR AIRDROP    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
montaga

Activity: 616
Merit: 264

Freedom, Natural Law

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 10:50:42 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2020, 01:53:18 PM by montaga

There is third choice
Ultimate Brokerless,  Noncustodial,  Leveraged Derivatives Trading   https://tdxp.app/
Not only crypto but stocks,  commodities,  indices and forex trading as well. Only crypto operating 24/7
No trading fee only "holding fee" (per started 8 hours*) and money stays in own wallet
Trades with as little as 1 cent and 20x leverage
Dark mode, terms, options... top right corner
Not for US, Canadian, Swiss, Iran, North Korea.... users
* different market, different price for example  Tesla TSLA (NASDAQ) Holding Fee 0.009946% per 8 hour
aryana42

Activity: 1190
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 11:03:02 AM

I think the two places that you have mentioned are enough for everyone who wants to run, because everyone has different needs in crypto, because sometimes we have to use a centralized exchange because the tokens are only listed in it, and vice versa, so both are still very good needed for now.
royalfestus

Activity: 2436
Merit: 516

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 11:18:15 AM

lacks good interface and also has high trading fee and of course lacks good volume, is there any where else to run to ?
I dont think people care about the interface if their trade succeed, Idex had a good interface until they swap position.
Uniswap at a point had as more trade volume to be the second trading exchange on the overall exchanges in last few months
More decentralized exchanges are coming like binance came at the last bull market. Something better will come at a point that will give more concern to traders' interest and profit, if this happen except for multiblockchain centralized exchange may struggle at its advent

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
nightflightcourt

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 11:45:01 AM

Decentralized exchanges have nothing to do with users data, pretty more safer than centralized exchanges but lacks good interface and also has high trading fee and of course lacks good volume, is there any where else to run to ?
Check out Stakenet's L2-based DEX. All the security benefits of a DEX with the convenience, speed, low fees, and sleek interface of a CEX.

It utilizes Lightning Network (LND) and Connext to allow for instant off-chain atomic swaps and combines all this infrastructure with a pro trader DEX and a Uniswap-like UX that automates everything involved in executing the swaps. Fees are drastically less than they would be with on-chain atomic swaps. You don't have to download individual blockchains, use metamask, or do any complicated setup. Just download the wallet, let LND sync, and your BTC/LTC is ready to swap after 2 confirmations. In terms of speed, the experience is on-par with CEXs.

I have accounts on multiple CEXs and at this point I'm finding that DEX to be faster and more convenient than any of them.  Grin
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 12:37:50 PM

Both has pros and cons but I prefer trading on decentralize exchange, exchange like UNISWAP will lead the way for decentralized exchange to become the most favored type of exchange in the industry, if we are going to have at least 5 decentralized exchange, the decentralized exchange is good to go.

target
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 01:06:20 PM

The interfaces of DEX is almost like the CEX already, there is nothing different to it if you look at them. If you try to circumvent polonidex, it's just a normal orderbook type exchange just as how DYDX looks like. It's the swapping exchanges like Uniswap that are very much different.

If do not get out of the smartcontract platform like ETH, EOS and TRON which their wallets also have a link to their DEX then you certainly have tried to avoid leaking your data.
Greatchu

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 01:23:51 PM

Both has pros and cons but I prefer trading on decentralize exchange, exchange like UNISWAP will lead the way for decentralized exchange to become the most favored type of exchange in the industry, if we are going to have at least 5 decentralized exchange, the decentralized exchange is good to go.

UNISWAP fee is killing it's users presently, this makes me go back to centralized exchanges for swapping coins, and tokens but as for trading centralized exchange is the best place, we need more than UNISWAP in crypto space right now, if we can have up to 5 standard DEX exchanges like UNISWAP then it will be very good for all of us

Kunnu

Activity: 1204
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 01:49:42 PM

Unfortunately there is no single cex and dex exchange platform which is capable to provide a fully satisfied trading experience both platforms have advantages and disadvantages in comparison of each other so we have to deal with it on our own understanding and most important we should choose those platforms which has strong crypto community support.
nightflightcourt

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 02:15:16 PM

UNISWAP fee is killing it's users presently, this makes me go back to centralized exchanges for swapping coins, and tokens but as for trading centralized exchange is the best place, we need more than UNISWAP in crypto space right now, if we can have up to 5 standard DEX exchanges like UNISWAP then it will be very good for all of us
I think you'll enjoy this  Grin
Stakenet is quite literally going to be the glue that holds these L2 solutions together. We have already debuted our beta Lightning DEX, the very first platform that enables “Lightning Swaps.” A lightning swap is similar to an atomic swap, except it occurs entirely off-chain. Balances are sent to blockchain wallets upon withdrawal from the DEX.

We have begun work on integrating the Connext network and the Vector protocol into the XSN DEX, which would add support for a number of Ethereum-based assets and L2 solutions to our platform.

What makes Connext the best choice for our DEX infrastructure is their recently released protocol, Vector, a cross-chain routing network that can bounce between other L2s, ETH shards, primary blockchains and even EVM-compatible chains such as Binance smart chain, Ethereum classic, TOMO chain, and others.

Vector supports conditional transfers routed over intermediary nodes, instant cross-chain and cross-asset transactions, plugin support for non-EVM turing-complete chains, zkRollups, easy deposit/withdraw interface, and low gas costs. All of this is packaged in a lightweight program, containing no more than 2500 lines of code.

Other advantages of Connext are client stability, supporting all operating systems including Windows, and live support for ETH, USDT and DAI. All these mean we will be able to easily add further pairs once we successfully implement and test Vector protocol, making us the first DEX adding support for BTC/USDT and other crypto-stablecoin pairs, without any need for wrapped coins on Ethereum mainnet.

full article:
https://medium.com/stakenet/ethereum-scalability-solutions-connext-and-stakenet-xsn-research-4edb29267bb6
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 02:34:12 PM

I think this board https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=223.0 is more suitable for your thread since you mention an exchange.

I have no experience to use decentralized exchange honestly, but if I heard to your statement that decentralized exchange has a high fee and lack of volume seem like it is not suitable for me.

I use an exchange not for long term investment I just use it for trading place that I'll use it every day since I like scalping trade that need more time to entry to the market. Also, I have no problem with personal data as long as I give them to the trusted platform. Yeah, I'll check an exchange first before I make an account so I just believe that the exchange will keep my personal data secretly.
Coyster
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1273

Life's but a walking shadow!

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 02:48:26 PM

You should know that in crypto, whether it's exchanges or wallets, some are definitely safer than the other, but none is completely free from any con or from the users folly, with hw wallets for example, it's safer than software wallets but there are still protocols it's users must follow, like if you give out you seed phrase, your funds would be stolen, even despite the fact that you're using a hw wallet.

Having said that, with exchanges, majority of users use centralized exchange cause it's somewhat easier to use and more user-friendly for traders, but if you're a user and your privacy is very important and you want to avoid KYC and the rest of the data you're to provide on centralized exchanges, then you can go for dex ones, the thing is to know the security protocols of every service you're using, centralized exchange users should also not leave their funds on the exchange and should always look out for phishing attempts, especially when there is a data breach, just take responsibility, no matter the service you use.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
tycsols

Activity: 812

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 08:44:17 PM

Both of them have advantages and disadvantages as well so it is your personal choice which one you will chose but going forward into the future i think we may see hybrid solutions especially if kyc becomes a compulsion for dexes too. Also i think decentralized swap platforms like uniswap will grow more and improve as well and they may dominate the market in coming months.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: