Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:33:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where DeFi is headed  (Read 2126 times)
Tokenista (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 14

Everyone join Blurt.blog & Steemit.com

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 01:12:36 PM

Everyone who knows about DeFi, knows about Unicorn Token, and UniSwap, and probably Compound.

These are Ethereum ERC20 Token Smart Contracts, and there is another half to it, TRON TRC20 Token. The TRC20 is Free to make, and allows you to copy and part your ERC20 Solidity contracts into TronScan with just a few changes like your wallet address. TRON copied UniSwap and made JustSwap.

So, TRON and ETH are the main platforms, and there are currently several places to list your ERC20 Tokens on a DEX manually, but the ERC20 bar to entry is a little higher since it is not Free.

And yesterday, TRON put TRX in the Steemit wallet, so now there is a TRON Link Wallet in your Steemit account.

This means soon Steemit will be a place to not only earn money, but launch a Token. And people may think "doesn't Steem-Engine have Tokens? Aren't there SMTs?".

But I would ask anyone who does not understand this, to look at Bitshares Assets, found on the Cryptofresh Website by Googling Cryptofresh Assets.

Those Cryptofresh Assets were being traded by the Original Steemit Witnesses in 2016.

Bitshares Assets cost about 1 BTC to make, Steem-Engine Tokens require you to use KeyChain, and buy ENG, etc, it is not straightforward for a new person, and neither is ERC20. But TRC10 is.

TRC20 are Free unlike ERC20 (both are the same and Devs can copy each others code)

So now we will likely see hundreds of people launching TRC10s on Steemit, and building TRC20 Smart Contracts which interact with Steemit. TRC20 Steemit rewards Bots, etc.

So now DeFi has a Source of Income, as Steemit is one of the only places a Cryptocurrency is rewarded for real world effort, and is how most normal people understand "earning". So there is now a layer of Finance that wasn't there before.

DeFi now does Social Media.
DeFi will now not just be Discussed on Social Media, but is part of Social Media.

Currently DeFi is for ETH Miners, Maker DAI users, Bitshares groupies, and Bitcoin foundation types. So, really nobody.

Now, we will start seeing regular people, and even people in 3rd World Poverty, able to reach into DeFi.

Mixing Steemit and TRON Link also brings Poloni DEX and JustSwap to Steemit, which is again similar to but better than Steem-Engine. We are about to see a whole new way to look at Cryptocurrency apart from its "Digital Gold" image it currently holds with Bitcoin, and we are about to see everyone start to get involved. And TRON is just doing this first, there will be plenty more.

TRON and STEEM are both not a new Token. Not like UniSwap or JustSwap are each on a chain, these are now 2 Blockchains with different uses, coming together in the Wallet. One of which has dApps that live in the wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ken_terrance

Activity: 574
Merit: 18

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 01:35:09 PM

DeFi is still more like a failed experiment, 80% of DeFi projects are unreliable, they have weak security and they are more hack friendly, they claim to be decentralized but instead they aren't showing any decentralized motives, the only DeFi projects I trust are not up to five and I choose those DeFi projects because they are more than just DeFi like many new DeFi projects so far, I don't care much about where DeFi is headed, I'm just going to keep picking the good eggs out from the bad eggs, hopeful in future DeFi projects will actually become fully decentralized and more secured

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬   Prasaga   │   Making Smart Money Work   ▬  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tech WP  /  Commercial WP  //  Twitter  /  Facebook  /  Discord  /  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tokenista (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 02:36:37 PM

DeFi is still more like a failed experiment, 80% of DeFi projects are unreliable, they have weak security and they are more hack friendly, they claim to be decentralized but instead they aren't showing any decentralized motives, the only DeFi projects I trust are not up to five and I choose those DeFi projects because they are more than just DeFi like many new DeFi projects so far, I don't care much about where DeFi is headed, I'm just going to keep picking the good eggs out from the bad eggs, hopeful in future DeFi projects will actually become fully decentralized and more secured

It hasn't failed yet, but with all this about people pulling out more than exists with Maker DAI Coins.

It seems to me that they think it works like Credit, but it does not. They are speeding up a process.

So usually, a Coin has adoption, a low user influx and I saw the best description of the protection people put in for this as a "Bridge Toll" where you invest all you want, get the boost in value, but you are time locked to get our funds. A Bridge Toll is like if you set up a Trust fund for your kid and put in rules, you get X $$ you must X, and only X per X weeks. That is a Bridge Toll.

So with more DAI taken than exists, all being sold, to fund personal wallets. So people have taken out loans for more DAI than exists, and dumped it on the market, and continue to do so as more people lock up more DAI to then get more other coins. This may work with 1 coin with a staking model with most of those being staked.

But it seems to me whether it is 1 coin drawn out past what exists, or 2 or 3, it won't work. Because someone is going to Buy these and hold them, and make them rare.

And maybe it is ok when everyone is slowly paying.

But there is a Trigger, where everything has to liquify if it hits a certain value, so of DAI, or several other of these Tokens go up in value, there is not enough coins to liquify, they don't exist.

So it seems that this will work as long as the price is going down, but what about when one of these Coins Bubbles to an exaggerated non-Permament but actual traded value, it collapses.

What happens if DAI goes up $5.00 in value per coin?
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 02:49:30 PM

I've seen that most of the DeFi project doesn't turn out great unfortunately I wasn't able to invest at least to 1 DeFi since I think this could be risky, so where the DeFi headed to? We're not quite sure at all maybe soon we would be able to have something new.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2020, 02:56:24 PM

https://twitter.com/Cryptoschild/status/1301528565146673153

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
dioanna

Activity: 612
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 03:26:51 PM

so many opportunities to gain arises in investing in Defi projects, sadly scammers grab that opportunity too.
How to avoid these scammy projects?

Tokenista (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 03:33:03 PM

I've seen that most of the DeFi project doesn't turn out great unfortunately I wasn't able to invest at least to 1 DeFi since I think this could be risky, so where the DeFi headed to? We're not quite sure at all maybe soon we would be able to have something new.

I think the Steemit DeFi space is where it is at.

With the DPoS model, there is new money entering.

If I'm a Musician, or Small Film Producer, or Small Business, or even a Celebrity, or Giant Brand. For example I am a Minister, a Hindu Shaivite Priest, a Sadhu and a Prophet telling people that Shiva is coming to America. I am teaching people about the Punics, the Phrygians, the Indus Valley Civilization, Shiva and Sasha Shulgin.

Anyone with a real life outside of Blockchain, with real plans and things to do, can put money in STEEM to fund that. And by having that aspect, means new people will bring new money into this ecosystem until there is a better Crypto Social Media and people decide they can't just use both. And the TRX merger just made this bigger.

Steemit is like Instagram or Facebook, but it is surrounded around a Currency, STEEM. When STEEM was going good, there were travel bloggers going places, earning STEEM, and using that to go other places to take more pictures and earn more STEEM. There were Podcast shows, a few debates even.

When Steemit and Hive split, we did not see a shift. We saw a Collapse.

But now they are all rebuilding, plus BLURT.

Then now TRX in the Steemit Wallet.

This means TRX SR voting on Steemit, which is more rewards. Poloni DEX and JustSwap, etc.
Tokenista (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 03:48:58 PM

Lol, we just need to ground the Currencies, like Electricity grounding wires.
Tokenista (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 03:51:57 PM

I wrote these in another thread but people here might want to read also.

"Nearly 95% of the State corrections commissioners, prison wardens, and treatment directors responding to a national survey supported creation and expansion of prison legal services. Cardarelli & Finkelstein, Correctional Administrators Assess the Adequacy and Impact of Prison Legal Services Programs in the United States, 65 J.Crim. L., C. & P.S. 91, 99 (1974). Almost 85% believed that the programs would not adversely affect discipline or security or increase hostility toward the institution. Rather, over 80% felt legal services provide a safety valve for inmate grievances, reduce inmate power structures and tensions from unresolved legal problems, and contribute to rehabilitation by providing a positive experience with the legal system. Id. at 95-98.See also ACA Guidelines, supra, n 4; National Sheriffs' Assn., Inmates' Legal Rights, Standard 14, pp. 33-34 (1974); Bluth, Legal Services for Inmates: Coopting the Jailhouse Lawyer, 1 Capital U.L.Rev. 59, 61, 67 (1972); Sigler, A New Partnership in Corrections, 52 Neb.L.Rev. 35, 38 (1972)." -Bounds v. Smith, 430 U.S. 817 (1977)
https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/430/817/

Something that should begin to be acknowledged, Power does not wish to be held in one place. Currency is an Earth Current, similar to Electricity, or Water, but Currency is the Flow of Materials from the Earth. Currency is the Earth in motion. From the Human perspective, Currency is actually debt. If you work for $15.00 per hour, you are being promised that by putting your service to the use of the Brand, you will get $15.00 worth of service in return. No one has promised you any services at any particular date in the future, and you can not go get Gold from the bank. You have Fiat Notes issued by a Government saying "Legal Tender" you may legally "Tender", or pay, bestow upon, a person at some undetermined time in the future, to provide a service not negotiated directly with the person who gave you the notes.

So these notes are debt we hold, and others want it, because they want undetermined services that are none of your business when you tender your currency upon them for their service provided to you. The system works because the Earth wants to move, we do not want to live our lives with the materials within walking distance, we want cars imported using these notes as payments to people who can spend their transportation fees received in Debt Notes, and they can spend them how they please by providing them to others who have services they would like others to provide for them. This is the Earth Element of the Currency, directly seen in the Human Function of what we are perceiving as Debt.

So now, in Texas Jails currently there are Public Defenders with either too much Case Load, or they are Jaded, or Undereducated in critical thinking, or all 3. Because Public Defenders are no good in Texas, they don't like Habeas Corpus or don't know what it is, they want you to waive your Trial and take Probation, and most people arrested, even those who feel they are wronged, usually accept Probation. So when someone goes into a Jail and knows the Law, knows about Habeas Corpus, and Bivens, etc. Everyone congregates, if you can get people out of Jail teaching them about Double Jeapordy, or simply by reading the actual wording of the Law they are charged under, or the Texas Fair Defense act. People need that help, and they do not get it from the Public Defenders so they come to that person for it. And that person can then Trade their knowledge for Soups, or Candy, or Stamps, etc. The Indigent Inmates have Envelopes and Paper, the Inmates with money on their books have Food, and they all want to pay for Jailhouse Lawyer services provided.

This is a Power Structure.

Power Structures are Built on Access, like Cartells run the Smuggling Markets for materials and Humans because of both Prohibitions and Immigration Laws, and we in the Cryptocurrency World need to determine if we are giving proper Grounding (like an Electric Circuit) and flow, because the Power Structure will create new openings, even if by way of Gods.
In our Push to create Currencies for Regions, Countries, etc.

We will be creating Currencies for Kurdistan, the Kurdistan Free Life Party, Armenia, Venezuala, and several other Countries in which there are people who could use their own currencies. We will teach people about Revolution, not to spread needless aggression but to have the Public of all nations informed as to how to overthrow Tyrants.

If you don't like that, you might be the reason people need to know how to Revolt around the World. The People are not to be afraid of the Government, but the Government is to serve the people so as not to become displaced.

We will be reviewing the Works of several Revolutionaries, discussing the modern mistaken idea that Revolution is a Communist undertaking, by educating everyone about the Phrygian Cap, the Phrygian Pole, and the Philosophy of the Founding Fathers of the United States, Federalism.

We will look at the Works of Revolutionary Documentation by the Black Panthers, the Move Organization, and other recent Modern American Revolutionary groups, as well as the Moorish Science Temple and others, along with Several International Revolutionaries such as Pancho Villa, Amillio Zapata, Muhammed Budaif, and others. As well as Documents such as the Federalist Papers and several modern Research Papers which have documented Revolutions, Human Society, and such instances as Warlords and Cartels.

This information will at some point during the international education, be printed in 1 location and a Ministerial group will be gathered to curate this information and create a Document in line with the will of the Gods.

This will be a Religious Document to be preserved not just so that we may Defend our own Spirits from oppression, but so that all people in the Future may do so also. So that we, in 1,000 years, may be called upon as the Anscestors when we are the Ancient Past.

We will be creating Temples, Towns, and several other organized groups around the World.
And it is strange that while we have far more uses for Metals and Stones than we did 2,000 years ago and more, in terms of Silver in Photography and other uses, Gold as a Conductor, etc. We have far more applications for these and other Minerals today than we did then. But we are more reluctant to directly trade it today.

This is likely because in the past they were actually using the metals more widely in their fewer applications, meaning the same way people had drawers full of True "Silverware" maybe the coins themselves in their metal form was how the Earth was moving itself, to then be formed to create things.

This can be seen in the idea people have that "Our Economy is the Greatest in History!", and it ought to be. Look at the Obelisk at the Vatican marking St. Peter's Crucifixtion, brought there by the Romans before that and not for that purpose, but then used it for that and the Christians used it to Pilgrimage, and now the Vatican is there. But think about that, how there are like Collections of things.

I don't mean to narrow this concept to imply in any way Auctions are the singular root metric of this, but do want to point to Auctions and Museums. As more expensive Items are Collected Publically and Privately, there ought to be a better economy. There are more items being traded, and really our Economy is just a metric of those Earthen derived things, being moved around the Earth.
There are 2 ways to look at a card deck. 1 is the common one, Fortune, Gambling, suits representings Numercial Value.

The other way, is to see the 52 Cards as 52 Weeks, the 4 Suits as 4 Seasons. Fate. The Tarot Deck is the same as a Playing Card Deck.

From there, each of the 52 Cards and 4 Weeks contain Moon Calendar Values, and Astrological Value based on the Week. In the 52 Weeks is 12 Months and the 12 Astrological signs. These are then associated with Birth Stones, Plants, etc.

There is Fortune, then there is Fate.
I want to make these concepts completely clear for everyone, I have talked about the Earth Elements, the Gods, Human Nature and Debt, as well as several other subjects. This part will serve to completely wrap your mind around the concept from a Secular Financial Perspective.

Gold and Crypto

There have been 2 big events in American history involving Gold and U.S. Dollars, remember hearing about Ft. Knox? Ft. Knox used to be a big deal, because it proved the American Dollar was worth something, which was a model created by Andrew Jackson for our Treasury. Then Nixon intended to fix problems that had arisen, removed that Gold Standard holding up the Dollar, then was Impeached and Removed from office before fixing anything, and Presidents since then gave used our model, removing the Gold Standard and issuing pure Fiat Currency.

But, Gold works inversely to the Stock Market, so if you look at Dollars, Stocks and Gold.

We can see Dollars as Liquid, you pay me, I pay you, we can all pay each other in this Liquid.

Stocks are Speculative investments in prospective future Development, Progress, Innovation, Invention, etc. You either invest in companies like Lockheed Martin, or Facebook, Apple, Netflix, Google if you like them, or find others that you think are up and coming. MP3s were big, then the iPod killed that, then Smart phones became a thing and everything is advanced, and we have new Technologies. But there will continue to be the next step, McDonalds did it in the 60s, Microsoft and Apple did it, Elon Musk invented PayPal then got a Government contract for electric cars, and now he launches rockets into space that can be reused. Invest where you think other peoples eyes are going next, because they can't invest in what they don't see.

Then there is Gold. Gold is steady, stays strong, never Collapses, and grows when the Stock Market takes a hit. Because if you sell you Gold in fear the price is going down, someone will buy it. And when your money is taking a hit in the stock market, Gold holds it steady, so as people move out of Stocks and into Gold, the price of Gold goes up.

Now with Crypto. If I have 1 Kilogram of Silver, about $500 worth or so, or however much Gold. I now go into some Altcoin, like say BLURT or STEEM, or HIVE, which are all fairly cheap and there are several others. But I go online and start telling people there is Silver for Sale, 200 BLURT per gram. Some people come get BLURT and join BLURT just because they heard that, and now you are getting pretty good amounts of BLURT in exchange for your Silver.

If someone had 10 Oz. Of Gold they could easily eat up a Ton of BLURT, locking it up and raising the Price of BLURT. And people come to BLURT to Buy Gold.

Now, say I want to Buy Herbs, and I have a Token like our PUCO Token. I say "Anyone who has Imphepho, or Balm of Gilead, you can send it to me for PUCO" now there is a Market.

Or if my Wife or I make Soap imbued with Magic Herbs or  Malas with Gemstones and Rudraksha beads, we can sell them and accept PUCO.

Or we go around and get Botanicas to start accepting PUCO, we will have Business cards for our Religious Products and Cryptocurrencies, and we will be using them for the trade of Religious Materials.

That is what the Earth Element talk, what you may have thought of as "mumbo jumbo" is all about.

The person on the left in this video is Brother Polight. Brother Polight is the head of an Organization called Nu-Covenant, which is a descendant of the Nuwapian Nation, a Religious Black Nationalist Society.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8umSJkT3ro

In the Video he is talking to a Nu-Covenant Member who also works with Banks and Gold Mines, they talk about how Gold Trade and Silver Trade would work in an Economic Collapse situation, if Gold and Silver were our Currency again. They talk about how Gold has Market Value (called Spot) and Numismatic Value (Collectible, Sentimental or Historical Value).

They then discuss a Gold Mine owned by Nu-Covenant and how Gold can be stored, certificates can be taken out representing the Gold, and projects can be started by showing potential investors the Gold Certificates held.
I just want to point out for everyone, there is a lot more Ancient Knowledge coming with this Network, this quote from the Introductory post is actually just a small snippet from here:
http://www.punicwax.com/2020/08/the-ogdoad-and-calendar-easter-and.html

The 1st Punic Currency in 2,000 Years!!!:

Historians don't know who the Plebians actually were, and they had a Triad with 2 Women (Libera and Ceres), it's not hard to figure out:

The Phoenicians had spread Farming and Gods, Art, Marriage, etc. During the Second Punic wars Spain was called New Carthage, or Nuevo Cartago or Nuevo Kartago. It was ruled by Hannibal Barca, whose last name meant "Thunder" and he inherited by his father. As a child he had been on a mountain in a Mercinary camp run by his father, learning about languages and war. Hannibal worshipped Eshmun, Hera and Hercules, and when Rome declared war on Carthage, Hannibal wasted no time and immediately went across Spain and France rounding up Horse worshipping Tribes. Then followed a route only taken by Hercules before him across the Alps losing 1/3 of his men and all his elephants, supposedly using Fire and Vinegar to destroy rocks along the way.

When he entered Italy he defeated various Roman Generals and Senators. Rome banned the word peace and for 15 years Italy was ruled by Hannibal, who made an alliance with Alexander the Great's, great great great great grandson, and Rome began burying their own people alive to atone to the Gods, and after consulting their Sibylline Books and the Oracles at Delphi, they accepted the Phrygian Goddess Cybele into their Pantheon. The Rural Goddess, the Goddess of the farming Colonies established by the Phoenicians for a thousand years before Rome began to expand. They then followed the advice of the young son of a dead general, went to Carthage and systematically burned it down for months. Destroying thousands of years of History, likely retained in the Library of Alexandria which is now destroyed.

This would also inadvertantly solidify a large part of human history. When Rome accepted Cybele, or Ceres, they won the Third Punic war. They destroyed Carthage, Crucified 6,000 people as sold everyone who hadn't fled into slavery. But as the empire developed they discovered a Holiday among the former Phoenician taught rural communities. They celebrated the Winter Solctice by giving gifts, and worshipped Mithra, God of Contracts, Marriage and Promises. Tying a string on your finger to increase memory of something for later is a Mithraic Ritual. So, the Roman Government became a Mithraic cult, meaning that by winning the war, Rome had been changed forever.

Liber, the Male Plebian God is like Liberty, while Libera the Goddess is like Liberal. Ceres is like Cereal Grains.

Liber and Libera are Wine related Dieties. Ceres is a Work and Harvest Goddess, she has underlings that represent farms Jobs, similar to the Muses being the Arts. Each God being a duty.

Ceres is also the namesake of Wax, which is Cera in Ancient Languages. Beeswax was the first Wax, and the Priestesses used to be called Bees.

The U.S. Founding Fathers were aware of some of this. When Brutus and the Senate killed Cesar they held up a Phrygian Pole. The Phrygian Cap was worn by freed Roman Slaves, so when Rome accepted Cybelle, they brought the Ides of March. Hannibal killed Cesar ultimately, or as Polybius put it "All that befell the Romans was of one man... one mind... Hannibal" -Polybius
slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 04:16:21 PM

an experiment? I think defi has been around 2 or 3 years ago, it's just that because of the pandemic the economy changed and the defi system was implemented and got a pretty good response in the crypto community, even though most of them did not really take advantage of these defi, and only pumped and dump like most other shit projects.
Tokenista (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 04:51:29 PM

an experiment? I think defi has been around 2 or 3 years ago, it's just that because of the pandemic the economy changed and the defi system was implemented and got a pretty good response in the crypto community, even though most of them did not really take advantage of these defi, and only pumped and dump like most other shit projects.

Yeah, Maker DAI is not new, and that is the Model being used, with there now being multiple places to do this. This is not the first time something like this has existed either, there were early ones around early Vircurex traded currencies.

It was just all called FinTech then and was not distinguished from Blockchain Technologies. Now the word DeFi is really all that is new.

And with 2 and 3 and 4 and more Maker DAI type DeFi DAO Governance models, which is what it is, there is now like an easy to identify DeFi field, and because the Finance in DeFi needs places to Buy and Sell, DEXs have become the Icon of this, and all the DEXs are saying "LIQUIDITY" which really is needed, but only sounds good unless the Currency is grounded.

Crypto to USD is not True Liquidity, that is not the full meaning of Liquidity in a holistic sense of what Liquity is.

Real Liquidity would be a DeFi eBay clone with Auctions and Etsy accepting DAI or COMP. Just as examples.
Tokenista (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 06:12:22 PM

I originally wrote this about Steemit SMTs, but this will soon apply to TRC10/20 also, with SMTs being intertwined.

Scot Bot/Steem-Engine Token Economics

I want to explain to everyone how the Scot Bot economic model works, and how you can compare various existing DTube clones and other implementations to see how it works.

So first, Steemit Scot Bots are built on the Steemit Smart Media Token (SMT) Framework, a popular example would be APPICS. A Scot Bot is a Smart Media Token with STO Staking capability, meaning people can stake, and then a Bot that reads all the Data from Steemit, and uses it in a Token Wallet. Nothing changes about your experience, you just continue using Steemit, you just post in the APPICS group, use their tags, and use the Steem-Engine Wallet to view your extra gains.

DTube is another popular version, it is like YouTube, but you earn DTube Tokens using the Scot Bot Model.

If you then look at the Marijuana ones, like Weedcash, it seems like there is no one telling anyone to Buy them. There is the basic STEEM based incentive to Buy to raise your Vote weight, but no one is saying "Use your Hive to Buy Weedcash, then just sell Weedcash earnings". They have a solid base, but there is no building being done.

To better understand it all, it is better to understand PoS, the first was PeerCoin, then came coins that used Stake to Hash Equations to find Cancer Cures, and AIDS treatments. PoS is where all the mining is done in your wallet, and your mining power is based on your holding of the currency, the more you have the more you mine.

This works best when it is like interest.

All Cryptocurrency, and Fiat, Inflates, Bitcoin has new Blocks and Miners are rewarded, PoS and PoW are not vastly different, but PoS, just like PoW, must be distributed well.

If 5 people mined Bitcoin, and only let the rest of us mine 5%, no one would want that 5%, it would not be the biggest Crypto.

Your PoS must be well distributed.

It also is best to have low Block rewards, 4%-15% per year is best. And it can work extremely well with massive growth as the currency goes up, and maybe 4% of a $0.02 coin you got lots of is now $4,000 since you got it cheap.

Steemit, Hive and BLURT are PoS, and they are Social Media sites, this means you can earn it and not ever hear ththe terms "Proof of Work" or "Proof of Stake".

And Steem-Engine, Scot Bots, are built on that. So people can invest STEEM, which they earn by Proof of Brain, and invest those with others, to then create value, and earn even more.

Dark Energy Crystals (DEC) are a Steem-Engine Token made by the Steem-Engine creator Aggroed, the Token is used in the game Splinterlands. DEC are listed on exchanges outside Steem-Engine, so they are traded just like DOGE, or LTC, or ETG, or ERC20 Tokens.

This adds a whole new layer of finance, DTube did this also, many Scot Bot Tokens are listed on outside exchanges. Which brings value and expansion.
Tokenista (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 11:48:17 PM

Look into "Loop Mining" that is the new TRON DeFi thing happening right now outside the Steemit Merge.
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2352
Merit: 339

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 11:56:14 PM

Well, some of them stay while the other has gone (forever) just like what it happens to ICO and IEO. This is not surprising anyway because many of them are worthless and we can't expect them to make a market rally and investors will look into them but just get ignored.

And, now to ask what next? TBH, DeFi projects has a vanishing ends and replace by another set of crypto projects which I think that it was of similar scheme to see. These projects means not really good, they are just making a hypes because whales did this and that it only ends shorty while giving losses to the investors.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 11:58:59 PM

Look into "Loop Mining" that is the new TRON DeFi thing happening right now outside the Steemit Merge.
I hope this is good news that can have an impact on the price of Tron which can increase its price and increase its trading volume because yesterday it was possible to increase prices and many people would make a profit.
Tokenista (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 02:29:04 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2020, 02:46:37 AM by Tokenista

Well, some of them stay while the other has gone (forever) just like what it happens to ICO and IEO. This is not surprising anyway because many of them are worthless and we can't expect them to make a market rally and investors will look into them but just get ignored.

And, now to ask what next? TBH, DeFi projects has a vanishing ends and replace by another set of crypto projects which I think that it was of similar scheme to see. These projects means not really good, they are just making a hypes because whales did this and that it only ends shorty while giving losses to the investors.

Certain aspects of DeFi will last, I think the DEX is here to stay, maybe more Token to Token trading pairs would truly Decentralize Finance, so if my Token in worth $0.02 and yours is $0.00001 I can buy a bunch of your with mine on the market, we are now both invested in each other and your Coins last trade might be equal to $0.01 now.

This is how Bitshares Assets and CCEX worked.

Then I think some form of Crypto loan or Crypto Stocks would work, where people hold a certificate that is a Token, but a capped and fully issued Token, and that Token goes on the market for Altcoin Projects. This would be similar to an ICO, but there would be a Smart Contract not simply issuing an Asset for a particular value, the Stock would be like a Dividend that paid out from the Company that made the stock, and you basically own a portion of that company's earnings.

It would be best for exchanges, or projects that include games with fees and in app purchases, but simple projects like a TRC10 Token or other simple TRC20 that does 1 simple task on the front end, these could get investment for building dApp #2 or a new Blockchain or whatever by promising fees.

The best way to view this would be the same as if you were to own a % of the fees from a Crypto exchange

That seems more solid than the DeFi loans, and you could sell your Stock. So it is just like a Token, it itself could be a Token. And this might even be how Binance or Poloniex are modeled with small differences. But this would expand past exchanges, and would replace the ICO where people own Tokens they hope they can sell more for later, and they aren't inflating because it is not a PoS mining coin, it is a Dividend.

And then exchanges where you can make Tokens, and after you make it, it is listed.

And exchanges with Market Bots, and Tokens Distributed by Bots.

I think these will be what we get out of DeFi.

I hope this is good news that can have an impact on the price of Tron which can increase its price and increase its trading volume because yesterday it was possible to increase prices and many people would make a profit.

I think it will. Steemit is about to be full of TRON Tokens.

And all day on Facebook in the TRON groups, everyone asks "Where do I get free TRX???"

Now everyone can just say "Steemit.com"
Tokenista (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 03:13:27 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2020, 04:02:17 AM by Tokenista

And mentioning Loop Mining, it could also have a Future.

Right now there is a project with like RICH and the other Token is called SMART. But you Buy 1, and use it to mine the other, but the first 1 is only part released so now you have the option of selling what you just mined, or now staking and buying up everyone's then staking to mine the most in round 2.

SUN is being done in this model, there was Sowing Sun, and it is going on from there.

But, if you had a Dividend in there, it could last.

So, I release 10% of Dividend Stocks (Token A) for a new exchange in Smart Contract Token form. Now, that Token can be send and frozen in Token B's Contract to mine Token B.

Token B is not easy to mine, maybe even with higher rewards as more is staked, but diminishing returns. So it is like not sharpening a blade when chopping trees, the more you go, the harder it gets as it dulls; but this is more like 100 axes, added hour by hour, with there being a number of axes getting good returns and each getting less and less as the new ones are added. So as an investor puts more of their Token A into mining they get more back, but with a shrinking upward strength of hash per Token A added. Investors still get their dividend, if they own 10% of the 10% of Token A released, they continue to get 1% of exchange fees as they mine.

And 100 people could be sharing these Token As, but each Token A would be the same strength for everyone who stakes 1. But if someone stakes 2, they are 1.5x as stake weighted, then 3 staked gives them a 1.75 stake weight, etc. This gives scarcity, and buy incentive, and deters 51% takeover. Token A would be your choice to sell whatever % you want, but if someone takes 51% of Token B, it ruins Token B, and C. You should want no Token to have a 50% ownership by any individual unless it is Dead, or a Charity/Bounty Coin. It used to be if someone got 51% of a PoW or PoS Alt they wrote it an Obituary.

But people want to Buy your Token A from you both so

1. They can Mine Token B

2. They can get Dividends

Now, you can choose to sell more of your 90% of Token A, but you would not use it to mine Token B. The owner would want to let the investors mine Token B. You could also have Token B or C mine Token A; but then you do a B or C ICO type offering after the B mining, or you don't earn anymore yourself except your % fees as the creator, so Selling A and the rest being Investors would be best.

Now, having sold your 90% or just 50% of the total, maybe you have 30% left, whatever it is. You can now go start a new project.

And you can make it where Token B mines Token C, which could be anything. An upcoming game coin, a Dividend Stock Coin, Premine PoS on a new Blockchain, whatever Token C is, anyone holding Token B can get it.

And Token B could release 100 per year, over 20 years, so now your company has people there for 20 years earning.

And this could be the base for so much more for a company, but that is the kind of Loop Mining that could really be useful.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 03:25:37 AM

DeFi is headed to the same place where ICOs and other alternative names headed before it, the garbage can. you see changing the name of creating a token and selling it to people won't change the nature of the tokens. in the end we have never needed any "token" for any of the projects that existed. for example the best thing you can find on ethereum platform is the DEXes which are pretty crappy and useless because you can only swap tokens with each other, even for these we don't need any token! the token was there only to scam people.

the real question you should be asking is not what these tokens do but whether people even use them. the answer is no.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Assam Kingsley

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 03:26:26 AM

2020 is the year of decentralized finance (DeFi). Just like 2019 was the year of centralized crypto exchanges. You should know that $12B of various crypto assets are held in the growing DeFi ecosystem today and it’s clear that investors are looking for projects that will survive potentially in the coming years. DeFI is heading to the moon.
Tokenista (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 03:28:40 AM

DeFi is headed to the same place where ICOs and other alternative names headed before it, the garbage can. you see changing the name of creating a token and selling it to people won't change the nature of the tokens. in the end we have never needed any "token" for any of the projects that existed. for example the best thing you can find on ethereum platform is the DEXes which are pretty crappy and useless because you can only swap tokens with each other, even for these we don't need any token! the token was there only to scam people.

the real question you should be asking is not what these tokens do but whether people even use them. the answer is no.

You sound like you don't think you'll ever own any good Tokens.

Don't worry, there is a Flood coming.

2020 is the year of decentralized finance (DeFi). Just like 2019 was the year of centralized crypto exchanges. You should know that $12B of various crypto assets are held in the growing DeFi ecosystem today and it’s clear that investors are looking for projects that will survive potentially in the coming years. DeFI is heading to the moon.

A lot is about to come out of DeFi.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: