Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:25:10 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What coins to mine with 2GB GPUs?  (Read 836 times)
MoneroCrusher (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 04:30:42 PM

Feel free to post any coins/algos you know that can be profitably mined with 2GB GPUs! Thanks
PIOUPIOU99
Copper Member

Activity: 293
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 05:49:04 PM

-Haven
-x-cash

For my rx 550 2GO .

miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 06:10:05 PM

BTG
Bathmat

Activity: 78
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 12:38:09 PM

Not sure about profit, but you could check TurtleCoin.
VDraci

Activity: 560
Merit: 28

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 01:43:42 PM

You can mine algorithms that don't care much about memory unlike Ethash Algorithm, I'm guessing cryptonote and randomX algorithm will be a better fit, you can mine Monero using randomX algo or mine cryptonight coins like Loki, Karbowanec, Haven protocol etc but don't expect better profits
MoneroCrusher (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 07:36:54 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I think I'll go with Haven for now.
I hope that in the future more coins pop up with lower memory requirement  Smiley
Mr.merson

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 09:27:52 PM

ubiq coin (ubiqhash) dag size 1.359 GB
Gunday_07

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 05, 2020, 07:18:56 AM

Find new altcoins with POW algorithm to mine, the best suit for 2gb memory gpus are coins with very low mining difficulty, if you mine Monero it's going to be a complete waste of time and electricity because it's not going to be profitable, do research on some cryptonight coins like turtle coin for example, this coin is easier to mine because it's using cryptonight-lite algorithm, check that out

Phoenix_PROG

Activity: 224
Merit: 28

View Profile
December 05, 2020, 07:40:47 AM

It doesn't have to be a particular Algorithm, you just need to find a new coin to mine, 2gb will be enough since the mining difficulty is still low, check 2ACoin (ARMS) it's Argon2 chuckwa Algorithm, it's new and not listed yet, very easy to mine, there's is another called Adon Coin, it's also a Argon2 chuckwa Algorithm coin, pretty low mining difficulty right now
Squezzi55

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 05, 2020, 07:44:39 AM

Have you heard about Avrio (AIO)? It's a cryptonight turtle algorithm and it's very easy to acquire, I'm sure your 2gb graphics card is a perfect fit for this coin, also whatever new coin you want to mine make sure that the use case is good enough because some new coins will never grow due to bad use cases, some are even scam projects too, be careful around new coins

Squezzi55

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 05, 2020, 07:47:40 AM

Avrio coin is a feeless decentralized digital currency that marks a new era of online payments solution, you can do your own research to understand more about the project, here is a link to one of its active mining pool

https://www.dxpool.com/help/en/aio-mining-tutorial

New_order

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 05, 2020, 09:17:06 AM

Feel free to post any coins/algos you know that can be profitably mined with 2GB GPUs! Thanks
Find coins that are under Mega hash rates, from 1 Terabyte hashrate it will be very difficult to earn or solve any block when mining, you can use https://www.cryptunit.com/coins to find new altcoins to mine and also take note about the coins you choose, make sure the coin says active like the image below

OasisDre

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

View Profile
December 05, 2020, 03:33:34 PM

Less mining difficulty will give you higher chance of solving blocks when mining so you need a new altcoin that have not much mining difficulty, also make sure the new coin have good utility, might not be listed on exchanges yet but if there is good utility you can mine and hold till it get listed and sell, don't go around picking new coins simply because they are easier to mine to avoid wasting your time

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CashbackLover

Activity: 196
Merit: 15

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
December 06, 2020, 10:57:35 AM

Sell the 2gb gpu and add more cash for a better mining experience, you won't be able to make good profits mining with 2gb gpu and moreover no profitable coin for 2gb memory right now, unless you want to mine new coins? There is a catch here too, new coins are mostly crap jobs, they might not get listed for a very long time and you will be forced to hold the coins, the worst part is some will never get listed on exchange

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1056

View Profile
December 06, 2020, 11:25:27 AM

Forget about it. Better look for used 4-6 GB video cards on the market and get good profit.
Outdated video cards will not bring you profit, I do not even want to write about the reasons, because they are obvious.
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 06, 2020, 12:31:28 PM

Forget about it. Better look for used 4-6 GB video cards on the market and get good profit.
Outdated video cards will not bring you profit, I do not even want to write about the reasons, because they are obvious.
3gb graphics card still have a chance with Ethereum Classic modified algorithm called ETChash, I don't know how ETC team did it but 3gb gpu works very well without running out of DAG file, I've tried with a single gtx1060 3gb zotac version and it works, ETC team aren't bluffing on this one
PIOUPIOU99
Copper Member

Activity: 293

View Profile
December 06, 2020, 01:36:26 PM

But 2Go rx 550 no  Sad
miner29

View Profile
December 06, 2020, 02:15:12 PM

3gb graphics card still have a chance with Ethereum Classic modified algorithm called ETChash, I don't know how ETC team did it but 3gb gpu works very well without running out of DAG file, I've tried with a single gtx1060 3gb zotac version and it works, ETC team aren't bluffing on this one

It is simple hot ETC did it...they simply reduced the DAG size from more than 4gb to 2.5gb ... nothing mysterious about it.
Ashe3010

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 04:27:10 AM

Try Ubiq (UBQ) which can mine with Phoenixminer, my GT 1030 can make 1 ubq in 3 day in maxhash pool
miner29

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 01:41:06 PM

VTC
CCX

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: