Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 08:20:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Be free from fiat. We accept Bitcoin and 40+ cryptocurrencies  (Read 892 times)
revsupp (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 06:44:13 AM

Be free from fiat. Revolutionary Supplies accepts Bitcoin and over 40 cryptocurrencies.
https://revolutionarysupplies.com

At Revolutionary Supplies we have no allegiance to any political party. We seek to provide you with options to enhance your independence and self-reliance. Independence is freedom and dependence is slavery. Although there are degrees of freedom our goal is to always provide you with the tools to maximize your freedom and loosen the chains of dependence so that man can be what he was born to be, free and independent.

As we're a new business your feedback is invaluable so please post any comments, questions, constructive criticism, etc.
Nutterboy

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:21:35 AM

If you were truly being free from fiat you wouldn't peg your products to the USD

Not to mention this atrocity

How can you expect someone to pay 5x the item cost for international shipping.

That is ridiculous.
revsupp (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 07:55:37 AM

Thanks for the feedback.

USD is the default currency but I take your point. If you click the currency drop-down you'll see over 40 cryptocurrencies and all other prices are pegged to BTC.

Wow that is ridiculous. Where did you try to ship to? Unfortunately, at the moment our suppliers use UPS exclusively so we're stuck with them but we do not markup any prices. The shipping calculation is automatic and mirrors UPS's prices:
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/time/service/shipping

Cheers.
gnicolau

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:04:07 AM

[ ... ]The shipping calculation is automatic and mirrors UPS's prices [...]

Cheers.

nice Smiley congrat  Grin
Nutterboy

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:07:30 PM

Australia, Generally to post here its like 40$ for something that size. 200$ is a bit above my prepared price ;P

As for pegging to USD. I understand that there is the option to pay in other currencies. But all this talk of valuing everything in Bitcoin compared to the USD means you are not giving bitcoin its own value intrinsically. You are using it as a placeholder for USD which is not making us free from fiat rather it is strengthening the fiat use.

To be 'free from fiat' you would have a value of the items in Bitcoin and then the altcoins and USD would derive their value from that.
revsupp (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 01:28:06 PM

Australia, Generally to post here its like 40$ for something that size. 200$ is a bit above my prepared price ;P

I'll look into the prices for international shipping so thanks for pointing that out. Obviously something is wrong with either our or UPS calculations.
coinnewbit

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:31:50 PM

Woah nice site. I may consider buying something from you guys  Smiley
Warning__3

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:05:21 PM

Finally a way to buy candy with btc!! xD

morphtrust

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 08:51:43 PM

how serious are you about being free, are you just using this as a gimmick to get people to buy from you, or are you very very serious about it, if you are incredibly serious and would like a way to break free of the fiat price system let me know, anyone else that is interested in this should also contact me. being a tool maker and resource processing buff, I can definitely help on that and have been working on a way to break free of it for some time, but so far only myself and a few others I have helped are partially independent of this system. (I made my own prescription glasses out of flat lexan sheet, to give you some idea of how serious I am lol.)

"Violence, is the last refuge of the incompetent."
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
revsupp (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 12:36:11 PM

Woah nice site. I may consider buying something from you guys  Smiley

Great. We obviously hope you do but even if you don't please fill-out the contact form with any feedback whatsoever as we're trying to continuously improve. Thanks.
revsupp (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 12:42:39 PM

Finally a way to buy candy with btc!! xD
Among other things  Grin
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:06:14 PM

Neat. You might want to get yourself in the WoT at this point.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: