Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 11:41:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What have you done/are you doing with your ICO coins?  (Read 1224 times)
Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2020, 05:02:25 PM

I don't do much other than sell when I see the coins I invested in are at a high price point, where I can determine a good target return on the initial investment capital. In investing you must have a target to determine profitability and also choose real coins that are on the market. simple examples such as Bitcoin, ethereum, BNB, LTC etc.

Cryptoangel01

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 08, 2020, 05:09:14 PM

Hi fellas!

We have witnessed a tremendous ICO trend in 2017-18. I am sure a lot of you would have participated in many ICOs. If not, you would have received altcoins as a payment mode from bounties. So, what have you done to them? If you haven't sold them, what is your plan with them?

I had participated in more than a dozen of ICOs and I am still holding their coins. They include:

1. Wanchain (WAN)
2. ICON (ICX)
3. Elastos (ELA)
4. Ren Protocol (REN)
5. Project Pai (PAI)
6. Walimai (WABI)
7. Request Network (REQ)
8. Quantstamp protocol (QSP)
9. Ripio Credit Network (RCN)
10. Apex (CPX → PHX)
11. Nash Exchange (NEX)
12. Lympo (LYM)
13. Experty (EXY)
14. Cardstack (CARD)
15. Insights Network (INSTAR)
16. Remme Protocol (REMME)
17. Atonomi (ATMI)
and a few more...

It's not that I lost a huge sum as a very few of them had returned back invested amount. But I am not sure now what to do with these. So, if you are holding any of these of such ICO tokens, what are you planning to do with 'em.

Whatever happened to ETN though and a lot of other coins I am presently holding, what the hell happened to experty, they got short on ideas and execution??
angrybirdy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 276

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2020, 07:58:19 PM

Most ico coins or altcoins I have received from bounty from that year was already sold. There are still altcoins that remain in my wallet but some of them are just shitcoin or most likely being abandoned by the developers. They do not have the value since the day they were sent to my wallet.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
AssociatesBumble579

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2020, 06:32:52 PM

I am doing the same as you. I have more than 10 ICO coins. I already sold 4-5 coins, but after selling those I have mixed reactions as they are going better than the previous situation. So, If I can hold them, then they can be more profitable. I don't know that decision was good or not, but in this current coin market situation, I decided to hold my existing coins.

kevinzxz

Activity: 1470
Merit: 105

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh |🔥Launchpad on TON

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 02:45:26 PM

Hi fellas!

We have witnessed a tremendous ICO trend in 2017-18. I am sure a lot of you would have participated in many ICOs. If not, you would have received altcoins as a payment mode from bounties. So, what have you done to them? If you haven't sold them, what is your plan with them?

I had participated in more than a dozen of ICOs and I am still holding their coins. They include:

1. Wanchain (WAN)
2. ICON (ICX)
3. Elastos (ELA)
4. Ren Protocol (REN)
5. Project Pai (PAI)
6. Walimai (WABI)
7. Request Network (REQ)
8. Quantstamp protocol (QSP)
9. Ripio Credit Network (RCN)
10. Apex (CPX → PHX)
11. Nash Exchange (NEX)
12. Lympo (LYM)
13. Experty (EXY)
14. Cardstack (CARD)
15. Insights Network (INSTAR)
16. Remme Protocol (REMME)
17. Atonomi (ATMI)
and a few more...

It's not that I lost a huge sum as a very few of them had returned back invested amount. But I am not sure now what to do with these. So, if you are holding any of these of such ICO tokens, what are you planning to do with 'em.

what i do is :
1. if the token has a price and has given me a profit, then I will sell it and invest in another token;
2. if the token has no price, then of course I will hold and hope that in the future the token will have a price and give me profit.
because I believe if the project we invest is good then the price will definitely increase (although sometimes we need a long time) and an example is SwissBorg (CHSB), I participated in ICO SwissBorg (CHSB) and when the ICO finished, then the price of CHSB continued to fall and the lowest price was $0.004770, but I still hold my CHSB and now the price of CHSB increase very high, so of course I made a big profit from investing in CHSB (even though I had to hold over 1 year) and I am selling CHSB at $0.3.

Smitty Werben Man Jensen

Activity: 1568
Merit: 100

COMBONetwork

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 03:52:16 PM

I am doing the same as you. I have more than 10 ICO coins. I already sold 4-5 coins, but after selling those I have mixed reactions as they are going better than the previous situation. So, If I can hold them, then they can be more profitable. I don't know that decision was good or not, but in this current coin market situation, I decided to hold my existing coins.
Never regret anything that you have sold in the past, because every decision we have made is always the best even though holding it for a while can be more profitable than what we have sold, this is why many people always say considerations before making a decision any.
In my opinion, if you regret what decisions we did in the past, of course it will only be a waste of time and only waste energy,
better decisions in the past we make a lesson to look to a better future

bittreo (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 04:55:12 PM

I try to do this:
- after ICO, on the first high, I drain the volume that I spent on the ICO, as a rule, after the release of the coin, they make a slight increase (x2-x3-x5), this is to return the investment and reach the break-even point. Accordingly, 20% -50% are sold
- the rest, if the project has potential, I leave it for the medium-long term.
In this scheme, not everything is perfect, but it turns out to minimize risks.

This is a good strategy indeed. I realized making such kinds of strategies in ICO listings a bit later which saved my seed investment. If I would have applied this strategy, I think I would have a good position!
JeotQ

Activity: 406
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 05:06:51 PM

I can't sell most of them because they are too worthless, I have to keep holding and hoping that one day they will appreciate in value, what I've learnt so far is every ICO and IEO projects will lose value at one point in time and may never recover, if you are not ready to hold for long term always take profit after ICO or crowdfunding is over

adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 05:31:58 PM

Hi fellas!

Highly likely most of them sold everything they had once the hype was over and the price of the tokens were tanking really bad. Those who are still holding them are probably regretting and in a stage of denial. They think the prices will rise back again. Unfortunately it won't rise back. Those were shit tokens that people invested like sheep when there was  the ICO hype.
-snip-
Don't ask for peoples opinion. Doesn't matter what they are doing with those tokens. If the tokens you are holding are worthless, then just sell them and invest in bitcoin or other well known altcoins. You will be getting better profits.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
bittreo (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 30, 2020, 05:15:41 PM

I can't sell most of them because they are too worthless, I have to keep holding and hoping that one day they will appreciate in value, what I've learnt so far is every ICO and IEO projects will lose value at one point in time and may never recover, if you are not ready to hold for long term always take profit after ICO or crowdfunding is over

Yeah, rather than having a few bucks and getting almost nothing in terms of BTC or ETH, it is somewhat good to hold them for a little bit long time. I did that for a few of my ICO tokens. If these tokens are having volumes on exchanges, I think holding won't be a major problem.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: