Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:21:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware!! Libra is not Bitcoin!! Here is the difference between Libra and Bitcoin  (Read 166 times)
DashingAgent (OP)

Activity: 538
Merit: 17

So many books, so little time

View Profile
December 07, 2020, 12:54:40 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2020, 01:56:35 AM by DashingAgent

Beware!! Libra is not Bitcoin!! Here is the difference between Libra and Bitcoin

Beware that Libra is not Bitcoin, Libra is a stablecoin which is peg to the dollar currency, it is a fact that after libra will come to the market, it will be available on facebook, whatsapp, instagram and you will be provided a wallet too, you could be able to pay libra to your friends and family, you will be able to donate it for any cause, you will be able to send it internationally for cross boarder transactions, To be noted, Facebook has 2.2 Billion daily active users while paypal only has 305 million of total users which are not active on daily bases, there are many limited accounts on paypal, many accounts have no funds and cannot be used, many people create unverified accounts just to make a one time payment, so can Libra kill the paypal and other payment gateways? the answer is yes!! Can Libra be a threat to Bitcoin?? the answer is yes because Libra can be used widely and it can reduce the use of Bitcoin too. Bitcoin may lose the value, but listen, Libra is a stablecoin which is peg to dollar currency, Nowadays banks are free to generate an unlimited number of dollars, Dollar is not backed by any currency or gold, But you don't know regarding what is an actual threat if Libra launches, the threat is that "There could be many Libras generated out of thin air" and Facebook may use that Libra currency to buy big markets of the world like Amazon, Target.com, Paypal, eBay and so on. Remember, Libra is not limited to anything while Bitcoin is limited to 21 million only.

Please donate me for my wife who is fighting with covid19, one of my son has already dead due to covid19 and I am deeply saddened by his grief, hope you will pray for him

Consider Donations: BTC 17ox7CoDkfwM9bpTXvnhH1YJAy1Cproa7D - Has any whale the power to donate a penny by considering 1000BTC=$1? (Consider "penny")
ETH:: 0xa0ad5e0e8fc86a8440992ad57b201fadefbaf595 (Not for whales, but for crypto lovers to donate me eth or tokens)
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1039

Not your keys, not your coins!

View Profile
December 07, 2020, 02:14:55 AM

Facebook is centralized and censorshiped. Bitcoin is decentralized and you can be your own bank. It is an odds comparison between Bitcoin and Facebook-based digital currency. Bitcoin is gold and Facebook-based or Twitter-based currency are trash. They are other shit altcoins. People can fall in love with those currencies as they fall in love with Facebook and Twitter, and they can blindly believe on usecases of those currency but if we are discussing about blockchain and crypto currency, some characteristics are most important: decentralization, privacy and anonymity.
DashingAgent (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2020, 03:19:41 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2020, 03:33:10 AM by DashingAgent

If the use of Libra increased, it can also be a threat to Dollar and Euro, GBP or any local currency itself, thats why China hates cryptocurrency that it can kill the use of Yuan which is indeed cannot be true because Yuan, Dollar or GBP are traded against the Bitcoin thats why bitcoin is not a threat for such currencies, Bitcoin itself is an asset which absorbs the value of dollar in itself while in case of Libra the scenario is different, Libra is not a currency like GBP, USD, instead it is a currency which is peg to dollar, it is not an asset itself.

Facebook is centralized and censorshiped. Bitcoin is decentralized and you can be your own bank. It is an odds comparison between Bitcoin and Facebook-based digital currency. Bitcoin is gold and Facebook-based or Twitter-based currency are trash. They are other shit altcoins. People can fall in love with those currencies as they fall in love with Facebook and Twitter, and they can blindly believe on usecases of those currency but if we are discussing about blockchain and crypto currency, some characteristics are most important: decentralization, privacy and anonymity.

Consider Donations: BTC 17ox7CoDkfwM9bpTXvnhH1YJAy1Cproa7D - Has any whale the power to donate a penny by considering 1000BTC=$1? (Consider "penny")
ETH:: 0xa0ad5e0e8fc86a8440992ad57b201fadefbaf595 (Not for whales, but for crypto lovers to donate me eth or tokens)
YOSHIE
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1775

View Profile
December 07, 2020, 03:55:05 AM

If I'm not mistaken, maybe everyone here knows Libra isn't Bitcoin.

Previously discussed here about Libra: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5293740.msg55694638#msg55694638

Please donate me for my wife who is fighting with covid19, one of my son has already dead due to covid19 and I am deeply saddened by his grief, hope you will pray for him
We are very concerned, for the calamities you have experienced, I hope God will give patience to you and your wife, it can be even better in the future.
Our prayers with your family.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
DashingAgent (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2020, 04:01:16 AM

I am not afraid if Libra comes, if Libra comes and kills the US dollar, GBP, Euro or Yuan then governments can be forced to accept the satoshi as a base unit of their currency, governments then can adopt bitcoin as their official currency like Japan did and then libra can be traded against bitcoin, but the question is that that one day satoshi will have more value than a US dollar after maybe 50 years or what (I am not sure), but if the use of libra increased too much then who will buy bitcoin? why people will use bitcoin when nobody will accept it, bitcoin and all other fiat currencies can be killed.

If I'm not mistaken, maybe everyone here knows Libra isn't Bitcoin.

Previously discussed here about Libra: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5293740.msg55694638#msg55694638

We are very concerned, for the calamities you have experienced, I hope God will give patience to you and your wife, it can be even better in the future.
Our prayers with your family.

maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 07, 2020, 05:56:01 AM

People can see it from the name. Libra is not bitcoin, but people will not know what the difference is. People will only see with the word, and not many of them will check or search for the differences. But I don't think that libra can compete with bitcoin, although that can be possible, especially if libra can compete with the altcoin. Perhaps, libra needs time to rise because libra is a newcomer in the crypto world. Besides that, cryptocurrency already has many stable coins, and it will depend on people what they will use it.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
December 07, 2020, 06:28:46 AM

I think the main purpose of Libra is to make it easier to transact on the facebook marketplace. Instead of having to drive to an ATM to get cash, you can just pay with your facebook app when you pickup the goods at the sellers house. This is actually creative because these days people rarely carry cash and most people deal with bank transfer or cash apps when doing second hand deals like this.

It will be a digital currency and maybe have a blockchain but it will be centralized and nothing like bitcoin. Most likely won't be possible to trade libra for bitcoin. Many just confuse it because whenever we hear digital currencies we think of bitcoin. However many digital currencies have nothing to do with bitcoin. Same with the Chinese government making a trial run with some digital currency for their country. Many other governments will also do this. Basically cash is dying and paying with traced/proof methods is going up and up. One reason is to reduce crime another to make it more conviencent to make transaction.

When you go to grocery store? How often do you pay with cash? Almost never. Most likely you pay with your credit card by taping the termainal and you are all set. This is the future.
TradingBull.io

Activity: 87
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2020, 07:09:35 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2020, 09:21:02 AM by TradingBull.io

Five days ago Facebook announced they changed Libra's name for DIEM

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/1/21755078/libra-diem-name-change-cryptocurrency-facebook

The main issue behind Libra/Diem is Privacy:

- Facebook (and the node operators) will have access to all transactions performed by users.;

- Facebook will then be able to map each users profiles with their transactions;

- Ultimate goal is obviously to increase the amount of data they have on people;

- Keeping in mind that Facebook's business model is to sell and monetize user's data. An extremely profitable one already.

"Show me what you buy, I'll tell you who you are."
CQFD

Facebook seems aiming to replace JPMorgan Chase.

TradingBull.io - Digital Assets Portfolio Management & CEX/DEX Cross Exchanges trading platform - TradingBull.io
Join community: Telegram - Twitter - Medium
cryptomaniac_xxx

Activity: 1540
Merit: 575

View Profile
December 07, 2020, 07:10:39 AM

It's very obvious though, we all know that Facebook and other companies are behind this project and as far as I know, this second iteration of Libra is that they are going to pegged it to USD or be like a stable coin so that is one major difference. So I'm sure bitcoiners are all aware of this, and I do hope that noobs are not going to fall for this trap.
darewaller

Activity: 2842
Merit: 639

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
December 07, 2020, 04:23:37 PM

Sorry for your loss, I hope that covid will pass soon and nobody in the world would have to face the losses you have faced. About libra nobody thinks that we are in a situation where you either invest into libra or into bitcoin. Everyone knows it is a stablecoin and we do not "invest" to it at all.

Look at USDT for example, there are people who have spent over 10 billion dollars buying it, do you really think they invested into it? They didn't invested on it, they just used it as a way to trade and they will do so with Libra if they can as well. It will also bring a lot of people from out of crypto world into crypto world as well so I doubt it would hurt us, it will actually help us more than it hurts bitcoin with the amount of money it could provide.

Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
December 07, 2020, 04:30:47 PM

Honestly I don't see Libra as some kind of threat against Bitcoin or for any other cryptocurrencies since several countries already expressed that Libra isn't welcome in their country, with that being said the use of Lobra will only be limited too the apps controlled by FB the problem here is how will people liquidate it if countries themselves won't accept it? There will be several issues regarding this one and I think Libra won't be widely accepted as a payment method.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 3769

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2020, 04:43:39 PM

Why did you look at it from this part? Both Bitcoin and Facebook Libra are indicative of systems that do not depend on the central bank in issuing them and are based on the blockchain network instead of the regular banking network.

I do not think that the government will allow Facebook to issue that currency. Otherwise, it will open the door for all companies to issue new currencies, and therefore it is difficult to control the monetary mass. A lot of legislation will be put in place and may harm some governments to impose a ban on it.
Reid

Activity: 2926
Merit: 647

View Profile
December 07, 2020, 05:05:43 PM

No. Too far.
It is actually the opposite of it.
Try comparing it to Tether. That may be near.  Grin

It's now called DIEM Association.
Facebook-backed Libra association changes its name to Diem
Just like ICO's. They will just keep on creating new names to pass the regulation.
It will not stop as long as "Sucker"berg has the money to keep on making new ones and until he finds the government that will ally with him or passes it.

Sorry for your loss. Will pray for your wife and son.
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 07, 2020, 05:24:52 PM

Well, everyone knows that Bitcoin and Libra are different, one is digital gold and the other is the Stablecoin used to pay for Facebook's services. 
Note : Libra has rebranded it as Diem.
You are in a difficult time, I share my condolences.  But can you prove that you really are in that situation?  You know, in this Crypto market a lot of people take advantage of trust to pay off.  I just want you to be more empathetic and donate to you more.
DashingAgent (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2020, 05:47:52 PM

Thank you for showing sympathy and best wishes, please check your inbox. I know that I will die one day and will not take your money in my grave. Everything will be left here. If money could be one thing to save my son, I can kill myself to save my beloved son.

My Kind Regards

Well, everyone knows that Bitcoin and Libra are different, one is digital gold and the other is the Stablecoin used to pay for Facebook's services.  
Note : Libra has rebranded it as Diem.
You are in a difficult time, I share my condolences.  But can you prove that you really are in that situation?  You know, in this Crypto market a lot of people take advantage of trust to pay off.  I just want you to be more empathetic and donate to you more.

DashingAgent (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2020, 06:13:48 PM

Thank you for showing your sympathy, Best wishes

My Kind Regards

Sorry for your loss, I hope that covid will pass soon and nobody in the world would have to face the losses you have faced. About libra nobody thinks that we are in a situation where you either invest into libra or into bitcoin. Everyone knows it is a stablecoin and we do not "invest" to it at all.

Look at USDT for example, there are people who have spent over 10 billion dollars buying it, do you really think they invested into it? They didn't invested on it, they just used it as a way to trade and they will do so with Libra if they can as well. It will also bring a lot of people from out of crypto world into crypto world as well so I doubt it would hurt us, it will actually help us more than it hurts bitcoin with the amount of money it could provide.

carlfebz2

Activity: 2968
Merit: 730

View Profile
December 07, 2020, 06:30:07 PM

Only people who are just new into this market will really be having this kind of input on where they do try to compare and say that they are just the same
where Libra and Bitcoin is totally opposite to each other and it doesnt need some critical thinking for you to differentiate it.

Its sad to hear if this one is true but i doubt that no one will be willing to throw out some satoshi into your wallet.

Post up some proofs and you might be getting some in-kind donations but if you arent able to show up some proofs then dont expect for any help.
DashingAgent (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2020, 07:06:42 AM

Yes my friends, you have shown that you are real human beings, a day will come when a doctor will proudly say that I am a catholic I cannot save the life of an orthodox, a Muslim will say no I cannot save the life of a Christian, a Christian will say that I cannot save the life of a Muslim and so on, furthermore scammers are also human beings, the donation you make does only for humanity, we are first human beings, a superior animal but now acts of some bad people have converted you into an animal, However I have proven someone by showing the personal info and got a smaller donation of 0.002 BTC (you can check my wallet) later someone on this forum told me that not to show your personal information while this cannot be a good practice.

Only people who are just new into this market will really be having this kind of input on where they do try to compare and say that they are just the same
where Libra and Bitcoin is totally opposite to each other and it doesnt need some critical thinking for you to differentiate it.

Its sad to hear if this one is true but i doubt that no one will be willing to throw out some satoshi into your wallet.

Post up some proofs and you might be getting some in-kind donations but if you arent able to show up some proofs then dont expect for any help.

davis196

Activity: 3010
Merit: 918

View Profile
December 08, 2020, 11:45:24 AM

Nobody is saying that Libra IS Bitcoin.Who told you that Libra has anything to do with Bitcoin?
You are trying to argue about a topic that isn't relevant.
I don't know why we keep discussing Libra/Diem on the forum?This project is going nowhere and Facebook knows that.Maybe that's why they rebranded Libra as Diem.Changing the name doesn't mean changing the core concepts of this centralized so called "cryptocurrency".
If Facebook was such a crypto friendly and proactive company,they would just adopt BTC or ETH payments,instead of creating their own pseudo coin.

iv4n
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1175

View Profile
December 08, 2020, 12:57:02 PM

Five days ago Facebook announced they changed Libra's name for DIEM

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/1/21755078/libra-diem-name-change-cryptocurrency-facebook

The main issue behind Libra/Diem is Privacy:

- Facebook (and the node operators) will have access to all transactions performed by users.;

- Facebook will then be able to map each users profiles with their transactions;

- Ultimate goal is obviously to increase the amount of data they have on people;

- Keeping in mind that Facebook's business model is to sell and monetize user's data. An extremely profitable one already.

"Show me what you buy, I'll tell you who you are."
CQFD

Facebook seems aiming to replace JPMorgan Chase.

And looks like Mark have troubles with choosing a name for their project: Facebook Could Face Lawsuit over ‘Diem’ Brand!
Source: https://www.publish0x.com/news/facebook-could-face-lawsuit-over-diem-brand-xnqedzj

I throw a quick look on links...basically the same old shit with facebook and their plans with crypto! I said it before and I can say it again (I didn't change my mind!) I don't like facebook. Only good I see from all this is a good advertising, they are using "crypto" word a lot! I think there are much better projects that deserves attention and support! I hope people will know how to recognize that when the time comes!

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀