Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:26:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminers E3 still alive for ETH?  (Read 2153 times)
rigrenter (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2020, 07:38:46 PM

Are Antminers E3 still OK with mining ETH? As I understood they are limited to around block height 1,400,000 which has already passed. Can some user of Antminer E3 confirm that the E3s are still mining ETH?
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2020, 08:04:45 PM

all of my E3 hashing fine as of today Dec-08-2020 Smiley

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 05:56:49 AM

Still works? Strange seems that there is conflicting info, a few days ago there were 2 people who claimed that their E3 stopped mining on the last DAG. I figured there would be tens of thousands of these units go offline and we should see a hashrate reduction. However looking at,
https://etherscan.io/chart/hashrate

Looks like the hashrate is about to hit a record high again. So obviously it doesn't seem they the E3 have died...yet

Just wondering did you ever ROI on your E3? I was going to order one but the first batch sold out and the later batch was basically double the price. I am wondering if I ever would of ROI if I invested in the E3.
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2133
Merit: 1398

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 07:00:51 PM

Still works? Strange seems that there is conflicting info, a few days ago there were 2 people who claimed that their E3 stopped mining on the last DAG. I figured there would be tens of thousands of these units go offline and we should see a hashrate reduction. However looking at,

Looks like the hashrate is about to hit a record high again. So obviously it doesn't seem they the E3 have died...yet

Just wondering did you ever ROI on your E3? I was going to order one but the first batch sold out and the later batch was basically double the price. I am wondering if I ever would of ROI if I invested in the E3.

Epoc 383 is that last sub 4GB Dag size, so we will now for sure when 384 hits. About two weeks away.

E3s sold for like 800 on launch, so yea you would have mined a couple ETH on them in the past two years and would have more than ROIed if you didn't sell the coins.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
xxcsu

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2020, 11:56:32 PM
Merited by adaseb (3)

YES all my Antminer E3 from the first few batches are still working without any issues.

Im sure all my E3 earned me way more money what i paid for those units . My electricity rate is 12cents from June to September , all other months is between 7-8 cents . Im  Doing mining as a business ...
I was lucky , ordered my E3 from the very first batches , if i remember right , in 2018 summer first batches was around 800$ each with shipping or something very close to that . Some gpu or mem went out on those blades , but still all of them hashing . I have those units in the past 25 months if i remember right ...

Lets do a little math with 10 unit and average hashrate around 170MH/s... with 780 watts of power usage ... and current ETH price/difficulty calculation ...
Total investment 10x800=8000$
Total hashrate 10x170=1700MH/S
Total power used for 25 months : 7,8KWH/hours , 187.2KWH/day , 5616KWH/months so 25x5616KWH for 25 months = 140400KWH ...
12cent/kwh power rate for 8 months :5616x8 = 44928KWH for summer months = 44928x0.12=  5391$ for 8 summer months power
8cent/kwh power rate for another 17 months : 5616x17 = 95472KWH for the remaining 17 months , = 95472x0.08 = 7637$ for 17 months power

So for 25 months I paid 13028$ for power to run 10 Antminer E3 , that 10 miner provided me 1700MH/s hashing power .

As of today , You can do a calculation with 0.0345 USD/Day for 1 MHash/s , so with today prices my 10x E3 still earning me 0.0345 USDx1700/day = 58.65$ minus power usage 187.2KWHx0.08cents=14.976$ so the total what im makin as of today with those 10 antminer E3 is still not that bad Smiley  as of today , 12-10-2020 , 58.65$-14.976$= 43.67$/day profit after electricity

If calculating back for the 25 months with today numbers , then this is how its look like :
43.67x30x25 the total money i made with my 10x E3  , if we do the math , then is 32755$  , I paid 8000$ for the 10 E3 25 months ago ,minus power usage, so the profit : 32755-13028-8000=11727$ Profit for 25 months .
Thats on paper with today difficulty , price ... BUT THERE IS A VERY IMPORTAT THING ABOUT MY MINING PROFIT !!! I NEVER SOLD THOSE HARD EARNED ETH'S.

With today price/difficulty ... i can mine around 2.8-2.9 ETH / month
But dont forget ... in 2019 when the difficulty was way lower , actually half what we have now , i was able to mine 5.5-6 ETH/months . Even on this summer i was able to mine around 4-4.5 ETH/monts . Difficulty jumped like crazy from the end of July !  I  still have all those hard earned ETH's from the past 25 months, so the real profit,  is way much higher what i calculated here for you...

I hope i give you a very detailed answer Smiley i Might opening another topic with all this information Wink

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 04:29:12 AM

I hope i give you a very detailed answer Smiley i Might opening another topic with all this information Wink

Giving you a bunch of merits since you took the time to post a detailed calculations. I always wonder which ASICs were a good investment and which were not. Was always curious about the E3. I guess the biggest fear of the E3 at the time was not the difficulty but the fear of the eth devs changing the algo.

I remember that most people ROI'd on the Antminer S1, while many never ROI'd on the S2,S3,S4 then the S5 and S7 were pretty profitable. S9 and on I never really took the time to make the calculations. I also know that most Scrypt ASICs such as the KnC Cube Titans and Antminer L3 (or whatever its called) was also pretty profitable.

Thanks for the detailed calculation.
cali747

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 11:28:33 PM

cannot mine and stop mining eth yesterday. the end.. Undecided
xxcsu

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2020, 12:24:36 AM

What pool are you using ? Did you tried to disconnect your miner from power source for a few minutes ,then restarting .. Thats might help..
Dont ask me why Smiley
... just try and be patient , its might take over a hour to start mining again

cali747

View Profile
December 12, 2020, 01:09:07 AM

What pool are you using ? Did you tried to disconnect your miner from power source for a few minutes ,then restarting .. Thats might help..
Dont ask me why Smiley

i am using Ethermine. What pool u r using? i didnt disconnect miner from power source.  I will try it. Thanks  Wink
cali747

View Profile
December 12, 2020, 04:23:40 AM

Dont ask me why Smiley

i tried, didnt work. Waiting 2 hours still not mining..
xxcsu

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2020, 06:31:14 AM

i am using Ethermine. What pool u r using? i didnt disconnect miner from power source.  I will try it. Thanks  Wink

All of my E3's are on ethrmine.org

cali747

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 02:18:39 AM

All of my E3's are on ethrmine.org

which server? eu? us? or asia1?
xxcsu

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2020, 04:46:42 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2020, 05:03:21 AM by xxcsu

us.
1 is out as of today , its went offline this morning , and from there i tried everything, but wasn't able to bring back that one alive ...
still messing with it ...

In the kernel log , can you see something like this "[_WorkerThread]:  CRC Check Failed! Drop!"

adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 05:04:57 AM

My 4GB GPUs stopped mining on epoch 381 which started 2 days ago. However there are reports of some GPUs going until epoch 382. I think it’s the same with the E3. Some are still hashing while others are down. I think the final nail on the coffin will be in 3 days when epoch 382 starts. No more 4GB GPUs (unless they run that lolminer software) and E3 will cease to mine.

Will hash rate decrease? Honestly I don’t think it will change much. When epoch 381 hit, the hash rate went sideways. And assuming same for epoch 382. I think many knew this was coming a long time ago and upgraded to be prepared.

I actually was hoping to see a hash rate reduction when 4GB went offline so the 8gb would be more profitable but doesn’t seem to be the case here. Newer ASICS are vert advanced and efficient and so are some of the GPUs that were released in the last year.
xxcsu

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2020, 05:26:26 AM

I kept 3 of my E3 .. another ones sold in August Smiley
2 of those i kept,  have 1-2-3 non functional chain , those are hashing fine as of today
1 have all the chain working , and that's one went offline this morning ...
tried everything , just in case replaced psu , unplugged 1 -2 blades , re-fleshed the firmware ...still nothing
So its time when those e3'become a paper weight Smiley or door stops... or whatever Wink
Leaving the non functional e3 online for tonight, maybe by the morning im going to get some hashes out from it ... if not , its time for a retirement Smiley
Tomorrow i Might giving a try to connect to antpool , i heard some ppl get lucky , and antpool worked for them , after they tried everything .. if its just a few days , or hours , still better than nothing Smiley

PerfectCircle

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 07:09:51 AM

You can't tell how many users are using asic miner E3 out of the hashrate mate, I'm sure many E3 miner have already sell their rigs and upgrade to better miner, it's same thing with those using 4gb VRAM graphics card for mining Ethereum, do not buy E3 because they are very close to been fully obsolete

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
cali747

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 12:01:38 PM

I kept 3 of my E3 .. another ones sold in August Smiley
2 of those i kept,  have 1-2-3 non functional chain , those are hashing fine as of today
1 have all the chain working , and that's one went offline this morning ...
tried everything , just in case replaced psu , unplugged 1 -2 blades , re-fleshed the firmware ...still nothing
So its time when those e3'become a paper weight Smiley or door stops... or whatever Wink
Leaving the non functional e3 online for tonight, maybe by the morning im going to get some hashes out from it ... if not , its time for a retirement Smiley
Tomorrow i Might giving a try to connect to antpool , i heard some ppl get lucky , and antpool worked for them , after they tried everything .. if its just a few days , or hours , still better than nothing Smiley

I stopped trying. I am mining ETP now. I wish E3 can mine ETC with new algo, but not sure bitmain will do firmware update.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 03:28:18 PM

Funny, even though eth e3 asics are done for, difficulty is not going down, actually is increasing faster than before. It's all time high at moment, https://etherscan.io/chart/difficulty . It seems eth price will rise in the next few days.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 06:27:06 PM

Funny, even though eth e3 asics are done for, difficulty is not going down, actually is increasing faster than before. It's all time high at moment, https://etherscan.io/chart/difficulty . It seems eth price will rise in the next few days.

Yes quite disappointing eh? I was hoping the difficult would get reduced by like 25% or so, so my 8GB would be more profitable however. The E3 and 4GB GPUs going offline has done absolutely nothing .

I guess globally there must really be millions of GPUs out there mining or some high tech ETH ASICS that the E3 shutdown doesn’t make a blip in the hash rate charts.

Might still go down when epoch 382 hit in 2 days. However I doubt it will even cause hashrate to decrease by 5%. I guess bitmain had a supply constraint of the DDR2 ram chips and couldn’t mass produce the E3 miners.
miner29

Activity: 1266
Merit: 139

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 07:02:42 PM

Gee do you think it might be due to all the new GPUs coming on line.....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: