Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:05:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In 40 Hours already 4% of Iceland's population claimed their Auroracoins  (Read 5074 times)
celebreze32

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:29:42 PM

Coinmarketcap currently shows it at 184 place, but it only has a question mark for it's price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Canaanite (OP)

Activity: 246

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:29:58 PM

Although the price has not plunged down, it has fallen a bit. I admit I expected an immediate crazy dump of coins.

Which is the reason it has fallen a bit. Markets always price in the expectations.

Its true in some cases, but in this case the market is still not liquid enough... few whales decide what are their expectations.
If you believe in Auroracoin just buy and hold for a long term. no way telling where its going to by speculating
celebreze32

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:31:20 PM

Coinmarketcap currently shows it at 184 place, but it only has a question mark for it's price.
Canaanite (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:31:34 PM

I guess it is a bug
cryptsy (https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/160) is at 0.019 btc per AUR which is down by some percents from yesterday
celebreze32

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:35:42 PM

It's not perfect and I have seen glitches before. All I saw is below

celebreze32

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:40:40 PM

It looks like it must be a glitch because you were right about cryptsy. The latest trades are below.

hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 05:27:28 PM

I still can't find any info showing that 1% of Icelanders have gotten there coin (although, that's about 3,000 people so not an all to staggering number, but it's not a small number for sure). It feels to me that if the airdrop was so pivotal, they would allow the display of redemption to be more easily accessible.

http://auroracoin.org/
up to now 156774 coins were given away. that's 1.49% of the coins

Thanks for the info. Out of curiousity, if I recall correctly, since the airdrop involves using national credentials, do we know where most of the redemption is occurring? Has the developer made any tools to track if a certain region is not redeeming so that can be addressed?

It's nice to see the airdrop seeming to have effect, is there any place where a independent third party is vetting the results of the airdrop so far?
Canaanite (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:30:56 PM

I still can't find any info showing that 1% of Icelanders have gotten there coin (although, that's about 3,000 people so not an all to staggering number, but it's not a small number for sure). It feels to me that if the airdrop was so pivotal, they would allow the display of redemption to be more easily accessible.

Thanks for the info. Out of curiousity, if I recall correctly, since the airdrop involves using national credentials, do we know where most of the redemption is occurring? Has the developer made any tools to track if a certain region is not redeeming so that can be addressed?

It's nice to see the airdrop seeming to have effect, is there any place where a independent third party is vetting the results of the airdrop so far?

Im not sure I understand it correctly... but the exemption is happening in Iceland. most of the population lives in Reykjavik
Pente

Activity: 528
Merit: 527

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 08:00:36 PM

Up to 1.78% now

hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:01:21 PM

Im not sure I understand it correctly... but the exemption is happening in Iceland. most of the population lives in Reykjavik

Thanks for your response. I got my answer from another similar thread.

I knew that the greater Reykjavik area was home to over 1/2 of the country's population, but I wanted to know if we could track redemption in the smaller towns throughout the country.
Canaanite (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:11:52 PM

It looks like the price roller coaster just started
tommy69778

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:37:04 PM

The price seems to be dropping and dropping now.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:42:30 PM

It's slowly going down in price!

I don't think the goal for this coin was to get an ever-increasing BTC market price on cryptsy. The volatility just shows that the "market" has no clue what to think of this coin. And how could it? It is just the beginning.
Canaanite (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:06:49 AM

so what? in the long term if this coin is really going to work the price is going to go up...
numbl

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:08:33 AM

Re: In 30 Hours already 3.1% of Iceland's population claimed their Auroracoins

Re: In 30 Hours already 3.1% 0.1% of Iceland's population claimed their Auroracoins, Devs Claim The Rest.

I fixed the title for you.

~BCX~

Until proven otherwise, the number of actual Icelanders that have claimed their coins is 3.1%.  The claim made by BCX is made up on the spot and completely unsupported.  When you start pointing to actual non-refutable evidence of this being the scam that you for some reason wish so hard for it to be -- you have every right to gloat.  Until then, you are only putting forth your personal speculations as unsupported facts.  Right now you're really just the religion to AUR's science Sad
Canaanite (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:16:29 AM

Re: In 30 Hours already 3.1% 0.1% of Iceland's population claimed their Auroracoins, Devs Claim The Rest.

~BCX~

You need to come with a proof for that...

I think you should join the facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/auroracoin.org and see for yourself. in just 24 hours there is 100% increments in the likes and there are a lot of Icelandic people talking about the coins they recieved
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:20:29 AM

You need to come with a proof for that...

I think you should join the facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/auroracoin.org and see for yourself. in just 24 hours there is 100% increments in the likes and there are a lot of Icelandic people talking about the coins they recieved

His mind is made up no fact in the world is going to change that.
numbl

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:26:34 AM

~BCX~

Until proven otherwise, the number of actual Icelanders that have claimed their coins is 3.1%.  The claim made by BCX is made up on the spot and completely unsupported.  When you start pointing to actual non-refutable evidence of this being the scam that you for some reason wish so hard for it to be -- you have every right to gloat.  Until then, you are only putting forth your personal speculations as unsupported facts.  Right now you're really just the religion to AUR's science Sad

Come back at block 5401 and we'll continue this conversation.

~BCX~

Your plan to make an attack on the block chain based on your own religion is in fact -- and I know this is hard for you to understand -- not evidence that you are right.
Canaanite (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:50:59 PM

Its more offensive than funny
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:21:29 PM

Its more offensive than funny
it's not like btctalk is exempt from godwin's law. 

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: