Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 12:02:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is ATOMIC WALLET a scam?  (Read 87 times)
spacelost (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2020, 10:07:08 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2020, 04:09:32 PM by spacelost

Problem solved, please delete this topic.

After depositing ETH the transaction got through with a fee of 4 USD.

https://i.postimg.cc/Y9GnjctQ/6-Dollars-fee-still-wont-go.png

Alexa Atomic <support@atomicwallet.io> escreveu no dia quarta, 9/12/2020 à(s) 04:47:

Hi Antonio,

Thank you for your message. Let me shed some light on this question for you.

CRO is an ERC20 token, which means it is bound to the Ethereum network, uses the format of addresses received within this network, and is sent using Ethereum-transactions.

When you make a transaction on Ethereum blockchain, you need to pay a network fee. That fee is calculated with GAS and GAS itself is paid with ETH only. ETH is paid to miners to processed your transaction on the Ethereum blockchain.

You can find more info in this article - How does ERC20 work?

Hope you will find this info helpful. In case, you have any questions left, please feel free to contact us again.

How would you rate my reply?
    Great    Okay    Not Good

Best wishes,
    Atomic Wallet team.
    {#HS:1362608805-127639#}
    On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 7:19 AM UTC, Antonio Pereira <aannttoniopereira@gmail.com> wrote:
>     Atomic ID: 2e1422fe4405466e1293f0d9d22cc0c10f34c51891a5a5d4ea9215399b5498e0.
>
>     Address CRO to reach : 0xfa7fdcd5c6511e599739768abc7e25a93cede299
>
>     I have never used Atomic wallet so I decided to test it. I have just a testing money
>     and as I try to sent it to the CRO address mentioned above, I have 13 USD the fee is 2 USD so I can send at least 10 USD, so I choose 10 usd BUT transaction never goes.
>
>     Em qua, 9 de dez de 2020 03:59, Olivia Atomic <support@atomicwallet.io> escreveu:
>
>     On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 6:59 AM UTC, Olivia Atomic <support@atomicwallet.io> wrote:
>>     Hi Antonio,
>>
>>     Thank you for contacting us!
>>
>>     Please don’t worry, I am here to help you. But I need a little cooperation from your side, as we are a decentralized wallet and we don’t have any access to your private information. In order to understand what happened, I will need your:
>>     - CRO address
>>     - Atomic ID (Support>Copy anonymous Atomic ID)
>>     - a screenshot of the issue
>>
>>     Looking forward to your reply!
>>
>>
>>
>>     Best wishes,
>>     Atomic Wallet team.
>>     On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 6:55 AM UTC, Antonio Pereira <aannttoniopereira@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>     Even when one allows atomic wallet to charge a fee of 6 dollars for a simple transaction the transaction does not go, which means atomic wallet is receives coins and tokes but never allow them to return to the owner. Before I report Atomic wallet as a scam I would like to hearing from you?

20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
December 09, 2020, 11:45:50 AM

I do not think that they are trying to scam you, but it is generally better to use non-custodial wallets that are open-source and decentralized instead. Be your own bank - with cryptocurrencies, you are allowed to.

The e-mail you have received from their support team has the information you need. As far as I can see from your screenshot, the problem with your transaction is that you do not have enough money to pay fees. Here's why:

CRO is an Ethereum (ERC-20) token. Tokens that are on Ethereum's chain require ETH to pay fees. Although you have purchased CRO worth $13, you will still need ETH to spend it, because fees are paid in ETH and not in CRO.

As you can see in the screenshot you have posted, the error message is "You should have 0.003973022 ETH to pay network fee". Therefore, the solution to your problem is purchasing some ETH in order to be able to spend your CRO. The transaction should go through no matter if you choose high or low fees. The lower the fees are, the longer it takes for your transaction to be confirmed.
Jawhead999
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1179

View Profile
December 09, 2020, 03:13:30 PM

Is ATOMIC WALLET a scam?
Nope.

The problem is you don't have any ETH to able perform the transaction, on Ethereum network if you want to create a transaction you need a gas (Ethereum) [1] Gas is a fee or cost when you made a transaction.

Anyway I don't see where they ask for $6?

[1] https://www.investopedia.com/terms/g/gas-ethereum.asp
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: