Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:57:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Heritage/Insurance Encapsuled Encryption System  (Read 277 times)
SirArthur (OP)

Activity: 183
Merit: 43

View Profile
December 12, 2020, 12:03:47 AM

@Vod

How is that any easier?!

You type in the names and email addresses of your friends.   Done!

The key is automation, and avoiding rotting meat (the human memory lol)

So, what if your trusted third party get acquainted with one of the interested parties? Guess what... you'll "die early" and someone will be sharing your wealth while you entertain yourself finding a lawyer and engage the funny and long civil court processing.

To not mention that would be a plain money-grab...
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2020, 12:16:25 AM

So, what if your trusted third party get acquainted with one of the interested parties?

If my trusted authority is 11 of my family, I'm not going to worry about 6 of them deciding to commit fraud against me.

You didn't read/understand my idea, so I'm sorry for the hijack.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
SirArthur (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2020, 12:37:01 AM

Now your trust party is a batalion of people?

Let's put things a bit straight here; there're two opposite PoV in inheritances, the PoV of the heirs, who probably want the money ASAP, but that's their problem, and the person who actually gathered the wealth and eventually deceased. My system is towards the PoV of the former, not heirs, a more personal and human way to provide a last will, not some random characters and an automatic email with a weird key of sorts, which could land in some spam box.

If you have a better idea: develop and present it. But it turns kind of annoying to keep reading "I would send emails", "I would go with smart contracts", "I would use multi sig", "I would... whatever" -> Great! Do it!

A valid idea and valid discussion about this issue is on how to trim its usage, like AGD addressed and posed the issue.

Technology has the sole purpose of serving "rotting flesh", without humans all of Bitcoin, all of the electronic junk we created, would be rendered plain useless and worthless.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2020, 12:56:21 AM

Now your trust party is a batalion of people?

300 to 1000 people?  lol

I didn't know you had resistance to automation, so I'm sorry for bringing it up again.  Personally, I would rather have something than remember something, so I've never used phrase codes. 

I cannot contribute constructively to your idea, but I can offer you free hosting if you need a place to organize. 

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
SirArthur (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2020, 01:28:44 AM

I'm not against automation, don't get me wrong, but the ultimate utility of automation and machinery is to serve humans somehow. We wouldn't be polluting the planet and crave for power sources just for fun.

What is interesting atm, is to discuss possible flaws and exploits, trim and cook the idea, eventually even weight it's pros and cons against other concurrent systems that may show up. But discussing about hypothetical software... What would be the point?

And death of someone is not to be taken lighten; the deceased could well blow his money on women and cars instead of save anything, but if he chose another path and his soul must have some way to rest in peace about the loved ones he left behind. So we must add some romantic and human vector to the whole system. Taken must of us, if not all, use strong passwords and/or strong security systems, way too complex sometimes, figure a way to open it when needed is far from an easy task or, like the widow of the Canadian exchange owner, crypto ends locked for good, practically dying with the owner.

Thank you for your offer.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: