Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:45:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 RX570 vs 5 gtx1660ti  (Read 228 times)
Wingsbtc (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 08:12:00 AM

I'm planning to build a new mining rig by January 2021 not for the profit purposes only but also for maintaining myself whenever I need some money, I have other businesses running so I don't worry much about ROI, I'm trying to make a choice between 10 RX570 and 5 Gtx1660 ti

The money that can get me 10 RX570 can only 5 pieces or gtx1660ti

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 08:23:35 AM

in this case i would pick 570. for the same money i will get twice and almost twice more speed with 570
Phoenix_PROG

Activity: 224
Merit: 28

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 08:38:26 AM

If you are getting the RX570 make sure it's 8gb memory so that you will be able to mine other algorithms too, 4gb cards are not reliable and future proof anymore and their Hashrates are affected by the increase in DAG File Size
Gunday_07

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 09:21:36 AM

You have to plan for the future whenever you are planning to build a mining rig, the reason why RX570 and RX580 are still Profitable today is Ethereum and now Ethereum have gone POS, within few more months hopefully the conversion to POS will be completed, after that your RX cards will be less Profitable, the gtx1660 super and ti have better future because they are still Profitable mining other algorithms

sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 09:25:47 AM

You have to plan for the future whenever you are planning to build a mining rig, the reason why RX570 and RX580 are still Profitable today is Ethereum and now Ethereum have gone POS, within few more months hopefully the conversion to POS will be completed, after that your RX cards will be less Profitable, the gtx1660 super and ti have better future because they are still Profitable mining other algorithms

Phase 0 of ETH POS need around 18 - 24 month, and you can mining up to phase 2 or something like this. At the end you can mine ETH for next 3 - 4 years and longer. Buy RX 570 8GB and you can mine for long time.
Inkdull

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 10:04:27 AM

5 gtx1660 super or ti will net you 155MH while 10 RX570 will net you 290 to 300MH if mining Ethereum or other Ethash Algorithm, you will earn more with the RX570 even if Ethereum can't be mine anymore, you can mine Ravencoin or ETC with RX570 too, go with the AMD 

JHORN

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 10:57:36 AM

The only difference between the two is the less consuming power of gtx1660ti but their heading power is near the same thing, roughly 29MH to 31MHS from both sides so it's wiser to spend the money on more mega hash per second for quick ROI or even more profits every 24hrs

Ken_terrance

Activity: 574
Merit: 18

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 02:24:47 PM

I'm planning to build a new mining rig by January 2021 not for the profit purposes only but also for maintaining myself whenever I need some money, I have other businesses running so I don't worry much about ROI, I'm trying to make a choice between 10 RX570 and 5 Gtx1660 ti

The money that can get me 10 RX570 can only 5 pieces or gtx1660ti
Of cos the Nvidia gpu are more costly than RX570 card but you can get more than 10 RX570 if you consider buying used cards, it's same thing with gtx1660 super but I'm not sure that there are used gtx1660 super or ti online right now, the best place to find out is ebay, used cards are very common on ebay than Amazon or Newegg

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬   Prasaga   │   Making Smart Money Work   ▬  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tech WP  /  Commercial WP  //  Twitter  /  Facebook  /  Discord  /  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
OasisDre

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

View Profile
December 10, 2020, 02:41:01 PM

Gtx1660ti will cost you more money than the RX570, I don't know where some are getting 300$ per gtx1660ti because on amazon this cards are sole between 470$ to 500$ if not more, on Newegg its almost the same thing in price, the lowe on Newegg is gtx1660ti evga verizon 388$ and some are even over 750$, it's better to buy cheaper cards for better hashing speed and faster returns

Wingsbtc (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 06:57:20 AM

Thanks for your replies guys, I've made up my mind to buy the RX570 with 8gb VRAM instead and later probably buy few of the gtx1660ti, I'm sure I can mix them up in a single mining motherboard? And again is there any motherboard that can contain more than 10 graphic cards at a time? Thank you

Phoenix_PROG

Activity: 224
Merit: 28

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 07:19:57 AM

Thanks for your replies guys, I've made up my mind to buy the RX570 with 8gb VRAM instead and later probably buy few of the gtx1660ti, I'm sure I can mix them up in a single mining motherboard? And again is there any motherboard that can contain more than 10 graphic cards at a time? Thank you
I can help if you are looking for a strong motherboard that will work perfectly with more than 10 graphic cards but they have high costs depending on their makers, it's better to buy popular brands than those chinese brands, they have longer life span and also better driver supports most especially Bios updates

https://www.newegg.com/asus-131206-b250-mining-expert/p/N82E16813119028?&quicklink=true

This motherboard is Asus brand b250, it has over 16 gpu slots available but price is almost 130$
mak013

Activity: 2380
Merit: 756

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 07:24:23 AM

First of all - 1660super, not 1660ti. Second - electricity consumption. 1660s uses about 70-90Wt and 580 uses about 110-120Wt. Third - 580 mostly using for ETH mining. And there is algo octopus right now, that makes mining with 1660s more profitable.
You have to choose between maximum hashes right now and more energy efficient GPUs with a huge choice of coins.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
CashbackLover

Activity: 196
Merit: 15

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 09:17:14 AM

First of all - 1660super, not 1660ti. Second - electricity consumption. 1660s uses about 70-90Wt and 580 uses about 110-120Wt. Third - 580 mostly using for ETH mining. And there is algo octopus right now, that makes mining with 1660s more profitable.
You have to choose between maximum hashes right now and more energy efficient GPUs with a huge choice of coins.
There will be no need to choose energy efficient GPUs over mining hashrate if there is free electricity, the amd 580 wins the race here, for someone who doesn't care about return of investment I think going cheaper will be the best choice, 580 draws more power but they are cheaper, that says it all

mak013

Activity: 2380
Merit: 756

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 10:11:33 AM

There will be no need to choose energy efficient GPUs over mining hashrate if there is free electricity, the amd 580 wins the race here, for someone who doesn't care about return of investment I think going cheaper will be the best choice, 580 draws more power but they are cheaper, that says it all
You mostly right. But in most cases "free electricity" means stolen. And the fine can be greater then profit. So in the main conditions, then the electricity bills contains a rather big part of your profit you ought to count costs.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
Samayuki

Activity: 574
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 02:04:25 PM

You mostly right. But in most cases "free electricity" means stolen. And the fine can be greater then profit. So in the main conditions, then the electricity bills contains a rather big part of your profit you ought to count costs.
Hmm, well said, there is no such thing as free electricity, it's either OP is stealing electricity or another person is paying for the electricity 🤔, if this is the case then I wouldn't call it mining, I have free electricity too but that's because I'm living in my father's basement lol, that ain't free if one thinks deeply about it

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: