Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:04:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHO CAN SHUTDOWN BITCOIN?  (Read 493 times)
witcher_sense
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 4372

🔐BitcoinMessage.Tools🔑

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2020, 11:45:58 AM

It seems some people are yet to comprehend why bitcoin still exists despite continuous attacks on it from hackers, governments, and others. Bitcoin network consists of thousands of full nodes, each of which keeps a full history of transactions and doesn't trust other full nodes, it verifies everything instead. Nodes are independent, sovereign, and, more importantly, distributed across the globe. No government, no matter how enormous its power and influence is, can control the whole world and people living in different parts of the world. Bitcoin will exist as long as there are people who want it to exist, who support and value it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Millionairegee

Activity: 120
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 11:50:40 AM

Bitcoin cant be shut down due its decentralized nature which enables Peer to Peer transactions (P2P) . If government or any authority could shut bitcoin completely , i feel by now they would have done that because bitcoin stands out as a  rival currrency to all government issued currencies all over the world. Another means of shutting it down is by shutting the global internet service which is quite impossible . Bitcoin transaction requires internet service and it is impossible to shut the world internet service down in a bid to prevent the global use of bitcoin. Bitcoin has come to stay forever and no government of the world can shut it .
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 12:16:38 PM

I think I have read the same question like this if who can shutdown Bitcoin. Many users doubting the capability of Bitcoin until now and some also presume that it's value will be going to zero. And what others been saying not any form of organization nor government can shut down bitcoin. We all know government can ban it which other country at presents already ban to use btc. Bitcoin is decentralized and although other people doubting btc but until now it still stand strong these days and still gaining popularity.
heztida3

Activity: 176
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 12:34:20 PM

I don't have the foggiest thought of how it's possible for someone with more than 600 presents to posture such requests. None can conclusion bitcoin loathe a PC with an on/off catch. Whether or not people quit mining and buying bitcoin, the undertaking won't be devastated or get shut down. The most ideal approach to fight against bitcoin for the lawmaking bodies is to make bitcoin limited in their countries yet this can't hurt bitcoin using any and all means. No organization can shut down bitcoin. Furthermore, about bitcoin.org, bitcoin isn't dependent upon this site.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2020, 12:41:16 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2020, 01:38:18 PM by BitcoinFX

*Satire*

The World Health Organization cannot shutdown Bitcoin.

Only I cann ... So, BTCe nice to me or I will press the big red button that satoshi gave to me!

Mwahahaha! Mwahahaha! Mwahahaha! ...

N.B. This post is entirely satirical ... or is it ... !?

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_kill_switch

What Would It Take to Shut Down the Entire Internet?
- https://gizmodo.com/what-would-it-take-to-shut-down-the-entire-internet-1837984019

Eclipse Attacks on Bitcoin’s Peer-to-Peer Network (USENIX 2015)
- https://youtu.be/J-lF0zxGpu0

Bitcoin Q&A: Geopolitics and State-Sponsored Attacks
- https://youtu.be/htxPRTJLK-k

[ANN] Bitcoin (BTC) on Tor addnodes Project
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5177001.0

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
Xinarae*

Activity: 1414
Merit: 326

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 01:33:29 PM

No one can stop bitcoin The government does not accept Bitcoin because cannot control it. That's why there are so many problems with Bitcoin usage. Even if the government does not control if it is used illegally no one will be able to stop Bitcoin completely. The use of Bitcoin in peer-to-peer transactions has increased a lot and every problem of it can be prevented by the investor himself. The media and no banking institution will control and it will be possible to deal with the situation.
Axelseseclevz

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 01:44:59 PM

Yeah, I admit to your point that is a collective efforts to keep bitcoin moving but while I said that it's only satoshi that has the power to shut btc down is because is the founder of btc and provided that he has all necessary documents concerning btc, I hope he can bring it down if he wishes, shall their is no much argument about it, I really agree with you.

Broski if it's the case that Bitcoin can just be shut down by Satoshi or by literally anyone just because of some documents, then Bitcoin is crap. It's actually the fact that it can't be shut down that's why there are a lot of Bitcoin enthusiasts. Even the government itself couldn't shut it down.

The fact that no one can shut down the bitcoin are the reason behind why the adoption of bitcoin keep on growing. Being decentralized digital currency of bitcoin is the basic advantages of it that's why there's a lot of bitcoin enthusiasts all over the world.

MEXC Português  |  Trade Anywhere with the MEXC App
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      MEXC.com      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
BITDV
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 01:49:17 PM

Bitcoin cannot shutdown, some people who don't like bitcoin only can spread hate speech and goverment only can banning bitcoin but bitcoin user will find another way to use bitcoin

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
ttcsalam
Copper Member

Activity: 1120
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 02:33:22 PM

I don't think it will be possible to shut it down.Because it is not associated with any soccer action.This is what I think is a means of investment.And the medium of this investment is through digital system.As he thinks it is impossible to prevent.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ KeyFund ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████  AUTONOMOUS YIELD TOKEN - DEFLATIONARY MECHANISM  █████    FACEBOOK PAGE    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       MEDIUM      ███
Sparrow96

Activity: 238
Merit: 28

View Profile
December 11, 2020, 03:21:53 PM

This is the power of decentralization. No one can shut down Bitcoin. Because Bitcoin is decentralized. No one controls it. So, who will shut down. Government can't take action against everyone who uses it. Except taking action they can't shut down.

jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 05:24:29 PM

I am not hundred percent sure about this, but I am also among those that believes that Bitcoin cannot be shut down by the government, and that’s because it’s is decentralized and doesn’t have central unit that is used in controlling it. And when I mean having a central control unit, I mean a particular central unit that controls it.

For example, we can say that if you want to shut down Facebook you will go to the Facebook headquarters and shut it down, but Bitcoin is not like that. The only thing the government can do is to frustrate you by declaring it illegal, and that means there wouldn’t be a way for you to sell your cryptocurrency, there wouldn’t be exchanges, though there might P2P , but trust me it’s going to be very frustrating.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 06:19:08 PM

There is no way the country will be able to close bitcoin. Even though some governments prohibit bitcoin circulation in their country, there are still people who hold and use bitcoin. Every country has a very enthusiastic crypto community so that the country is unable to stop the circulation of bitcoin.

It's obvious that no one can shutdown BTC, or stop people from owning BTC. No matter the laws placed to prohibit it, people must still own and make use of it. Imagine some countries are prohibited from using certain exchanges, yet they access it via VPN. This is just an instance to show how much interest people have built over the years for crypto, especially the king (BTC). Most governments however are trying to protect their citizens from the cons of holding BTC, without necessarily looking at the pros. Some governments think BTC is a threat to their own local currency, reason why they try so hard to prohibit it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: