Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:05:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptopia Claim without KYC  (Read 325 times)
friends1980
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 02:19:52 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2020, 08:29:54 PM by friends1980

This thread is filled with shitposters. Do you really not understand a thing about bankruptcy? Do you actually even follow any news and did you even know this company has been in liquidation for over a year now? Some of you are babbling in here for hours and hours and hundreds of posts about "success" and "learning" but in reality, you don't give a shit. You're purely posting to boost your activity.

There are people in this thread, like OP, who need our help and you're not helping them at all. So stop posting your shit all over these boards, and learn something for a change:

This exchange does not exist any longer, it is now a company in liquidation.

This means the old rules do not count anymore and the old company management have nothing to say anymore. The liquidators are in charge now, and they have been assigned to execute this liquidation by a Legal Court. Liquidation means they are dismantling this company until as much company debts as possible - and hopefully all - have been paid.

For those who do care about this case, and are not simply here to boost their activity, you can read all about it in this thread. I have been following the case and have been analyzing the liquidation reports for several months now.

You can of course not expect these liquidators just to hand out the recovered coins to anyone who claims they're theirs. So yes, therefore you will have to pass ID verification and prove that these coins have been bought by you.

THIS IS NOT KYC. KYC means Know Your Customer. There are no customers left in this case because there's no (active) company left. If Cryptopia owes you money, you are now no longer a customer but you remain a creditor. In this case, you could say that ID verification would mean "Know Your Creditor" - yes again KYC hahaha.

Now how's that for ironic? Isn't that hilarious?

So it will be up to you to decide if you wish to give up your anonymity in exchange for the coins that (might) get recovered. No-one can make this decision except for yourself.

By the way, I'll be reporting and following every shitposter who has posted shit in this thread.

nutildah-III - First BitcoinTalk NFT Transaction ever - 2021-04-01 [666 fBTC]
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 03:37:33 PM

Many of us signed up for Cryptopia knowing there was no need for kyc. Identification was only required if fiat was trade.
Why are id documents required for any account now, even if they have no fiat currency?
Once they have verified via email, control questions, user and password, that I am the legitimate owner of an account that does not contain fiat money, why ask me for more documents?

Every exchange site platform has the right to change everything in terms of the rules they have. But most of the top exchange in the market  requiring KYC only if you exceed their maximum withdrawal to their platform. But as long as your reaching the maximum no problem even your submitting KYC that's what I know about it.
MishaSER

Activity: 1050
Merit: 103

BIB Exchange

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 06:07:38 PM

I am most interested in why they demand so much data, they don't have enough of my mail? They require Transaction Hash, but I can find only the amount and the wallet address in the mail.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
friends1980
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 02:03:47 PM

I am most interested in why they demand so much data, they don't have enough of my mail? They require Transaction Hash, but I can find only the amount and the wallet address in the mail.

Is this the first time in your life you discover the concept of bankruptcy? The rules don't suddenly get shaken up, just because it's a crypto exchange, you know. Roll Eyes

These people have a mandate from the Court. You can't seriously expect them to send you some crypto coins, simply based on your claim, your e-mail address and no other information or data whatsoever? If in real life, a company goes bankrupt, you think you can simply send an e-mail to the liquidators and tell them: "Hey guys, send me some money and by the way, I'm not telling you why, or who I am" ??

Keep it real, mate.

The people behind the exchange are no longer in charge. The liquidators have a legal duty to defend the interests of all people who are involved in this liquidation. They therefore have to respect the local law concerning insolvency and the old Terms & Conditions will only count if they are in accordance to these laws.

So if you've got nothing to hide, and you wish to recover your coins, take the necessary steps. If you have things to hide, or simply do not wish to recover these coins, don't send them your ID - duh.

I'm a radical defender of anonymity, but risks are always involved, and bankruptcy is one of them. Therefore you have to find a balance between anonymity and "security" and that's a decision and consideration only you can make.

nutildah-III - First BitcoinTalk NFT Transaction ever - 2021-04-01 [666 fBTC]
HerbertMarcel

Activity: 221
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2021, 07:10:48 PM

There are several reasons behind KYC verification. Firstly, companies want to include blockchain trades by confirming the full details of the legit users. Second, scammers steal information through KYC for the purpose of sale.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: