Bitcoin Forum
July 21, 2017, 11:10:22 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I want a merchant to accept my bitcoins, which merchant solution to suggest?  (Read 695 times)
shads

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2011, 12:14:14 AM

I want to purchase some goods from a US merchant.  The good are not illegal but they are on the paypal shitlist so he can't use them.  His current options are western union, moneygram etc...

If I'm going to pay $20 for a WU money order and deal with the delay of sending it to him and him having to cash it, I'd much rather pay a premium to cover his currency risk and pay in bitcoins.  But it seems a good opportunity to upsell him in accepting bitcoins as a normal payment method.

Now this guy has never heard of bitcoins and probably has little interest in them beyond the ability to accept foreign payments quickly.  So what I imagine he would want from a solution would something like this:

He provides a bitcoin address for payment, the solution calculates bitcoin value based on exchange rate + small risk premium, once bitcoin is received it's immediately put on market and converted to USD.

Is there a merchant solution that does all this?  Particularly the last part as his key interest will be fast cross border payments into USD.

PoolServerJ Home Page - High performance java mining pool engine

MineZzone Zencash mining pool: Site / Support thread - PPLNT - 0% fee until 30th June - Stability and orphans sorted!!!

Quote from: Matthew N. Wright
Stop wasting the internet.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Beroper

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 02:46:07 AM

yep, he can do like this.

you send him btc, then he sells btc on mtgox, he will have mtgox usd.

then he makes a offre on exchanger service(higner fee,like aurumxchange.com) or on this forum(free fee, some buyers can do sepa/bank wire,if they are trusted,then no risk)
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2011, 05:21:32 AM

Look into both bit-pay.com and btcinch.com, they both seem to do what the merchant is looking for.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.