Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:11:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this even normal?  (Read 821 times)
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 10:19:12 AM

This is what happen when you join project without trying reading people reviews and making findings https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5283589.msg55455387#msg55455387 The project is known to be carried out by a team of individuals that are known to have failed in earlier project being created. This idea is not good and I believe hunters have huge role to also play in reducing bad project by not promoting campaign that will put investors at risk just like the participants of FROTAC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5295039.0 after it has been confirmed that it is a clear scam: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5295510.msg55728686#msg55728686. When things like this happen in bounty campaign, it is either the spreadsheet might get updated with hunters getting cheated or the project get abandoned. Subaj: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4536935.0 did this in 2018 and up to date, nobody have access to the spreadsheet not to talk about token being distributed
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 10:28:21 AM

This is not so normal, I think this project will end up not paying any bounty hunters, let's wait till 48hours and see what happens, it's very rare in this type of cases for such team to keep their promise, hiding spreadsheet and blocking bounty group them distribution isn't over is 👎👎👎👎, the foot print the team left with their first project is why I don't bother to promote base protocol, they claimed they refund their investors but not completely

I have the feeling they are going to pay because they wouldn't want the accusation made about them being untrusted to be true, their account already have a red trust which is not a good thing,

What I think they want to do with this behaviour is to short pay participants, if you look at their post on Telegram bounty chat, the first post says bounty pool is "37030.31365 BASE, split across the different campaigns"  while the second and recent Post says "There were a total of 30703 BASE allocated for the bounty" what happens to the remaining 6,327 base  Shocked,
My guess is they will manipulate the payment and try to avoid any confrontation which is why they put the bounty group on restriction.

Indeed you have raised a valid point and I just checked the telegram bounty chat and i see the 2 post with different bounty pool amount, maybe there is a better explanation to the reduction of bounty allocation in the second post,
I was going to join the bounty but the lack of spreadsheet update discourages me, I believe hunters will get their reward only there will be some irregularities.
bayudndy

Activity: 823
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 10:33:08 AM

It seems like there is going to be some tension here, i see Base Protocol is still running their project normally, i don't think there will be another scam project in this space, because actually this year has been very tough for many people and bounty is really their job. It was 48 hours to make it clear, though not taking part in that campaign but hoped that the hunters would receive money for their work soon.
MCobian

Activity: 1190
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 10:43:55 AM

Based on my experience during several bounty campaigns, the bounty group in telegram will remain active until
the rewards are successfully distributed. If the bounty group is closed before the rewards are distributed this is
clearly not normal. Regarding the spreadsheet that is blocked from access, it is normal to happen after the bounty ends,
now according to what the project team said they will do distribution in the next 42 hours. So just wait a moment,
if rewards have not been received within 42 hours there is a possibility that the project scams.

SOLARBLOX        ◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥ crypto solar mining ◥◥
◼◼ Crypto Mining using Solar energy as substitute energy sources ◼◼
TELEGRAM TWITTER   ▪▪▪▪▪ [ DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER ]
FaucetKING

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306

C U

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 11:16:38 AM

I saw their bounty and it was one of the promising ones around here on Bitcoin Talk. I think that they got what they wanted which is the tokens value. Now they are throwing the bounty program away to be able to gather more investors. They seem fishy for me and i extremely hate these moves because they aren't going anywhere without the community support. Their protocol and their platform might be functional and you might never have any issues with them but i'm talking about their moves which looks exactly like scammers.
IkonaDro4ku

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 11:52:32 AM

I thought this project would not be successful, their developers performed poorly in the past but judging by the trading on the stock exchange, everything goes well for them, however such actions will clearly lead to the worst. Apparently the fears about this project were correct...
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 12:34:56 PM

Guys is any of these normal?

1. Admin close down bounty group after bounty ends

2. Admin failed to update spreadsheet and gives stakes to participants and later block access to the spreadsheet

This is what base protocol team did to their promoters, all those that participate in signature campaign aren't rewarded any stakes and they can't even look at spreadsheet, bounty group is closed too so anyone can't complain and yet the team said they will make distribution in the next 42 hours

This is what am I talking about if the payments are not escrowed in or the manager of the bounty campaign isn't trusted at all. Especially when you have been working for months and yet nothing comes to fruition. Sad ending for the participants, all hunters should put in their mind that if they are somehow see red flags on the campaign they should've dig well, or if the manager is good he is the one who do the job.
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 01:00:40 PM

2. Admin failed to update spreadsheet and gives stakes to participants and later block access to the spreadsheet

This is what base protocol team did to their promoters, all those that participate in signature campaign aren't rewarded any stakes and they can't even look at spreadsheet, bounty group is closed too so anyone can't complain and yet the team said they will make distribution in the next 42 hours
Actually, this is the intention of the team bounty manager and if you get too little compared to the actual reward, you can sue them.

The only way we can reclaim equity is by directing DM to the project's CMO to address this problem.  Maybe they'll work again with the bounty manager team. Wink
Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 02:29:09 PM

Actually, this is the intention of the team bounty manager and if you get too little compared to the actual reward, you can sue them.

The only way we can reclaim equity is by directing DM to the project's CMO to address this problem.  Maybe they'll work again with the bounty manager team. Wink
The bounty manager is part of the project team, he is not a standalone bounty manager like bubbalex and wapinter, whatever his decisions are I'm sure the CEO is very much aware of it, but still I've done my own part by sending PM to the CEO just to make sure he is aware about how they plan to ruin their reputation

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Mulann2

Activity: 686
Merit: 35

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 03:44:05 PM

Not normal for them to lock up spreadsheet and Telegram bounty chat, although it is not enough to jump into conclusion, the participants can still the team the benefit of doubt, wait for the time they give to make payment before tagging them.
Iceblast

Activity: 783
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 03:48:30 PM

there are 2 possibilities.
First of all, this could be the team's best move to protect the privacy of the members and spreadsheets from fraud or for the common good.
second possibility, this could be a scam and sometimes this is a trick of the team

but it's better to wait according to the promise they tell you, because that determines whether in the first or second possibility

Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 04:05:38 PM

...bounty group is closed too so anyone can't complain and yet the team said they will make distribution in the next 42 hours
Well, though their actions seem suggestive of an exit, I think 42hrs (perhaps they meant 48hrs) wait won't make anyone lose their patience. Just give them the benefit of the doubt before drawing conclusions. I read up here that the group who promoted this bounty also ran another that was shady. Hunters should be weary of any BM who runs bounties that turn to scam. Avoid them like plagues. It's better staying out of bounties than indulging one and not get the reward one laboured for. It's so disheartening but many BMs don't give a hoot about what hunters feel.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
reza7777

Activity: 1414
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2020, 04:13:37 PM

How long has he closed telegram group? Usually other managers do this for 1 to 2 days too, and they can't access the spreadsheet because the manager is still calculating the total stake, you should wait 42 hours. if there is nothing after that then you should learn to forget about the project

▄█▄▄    ▄█▄
     ▄▄██▀▀  ▄███▀██▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀  ▄███▀    ▀▀██▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄██▀    ██▄   ▀▀██▄
██      ██       ██      ██
▀██▄▄   ▀██   ▄▄███   ▄▄██▀
  ▀▀██▄▄    ▄███▀  ▄▄██▀▀
     ▀▀██▄███▀  ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀█▀     ▀█▀
N O D Y
nody.ai

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄███████████████▀▀███▀▀█▄
██████████████▀▄██▄▄    █
█████▀            ▀██▄▄██
█▀                    ▀██
█      ▄█▄    ▄█▄       █
█▄     ▀█▀    ▀█▀     ▄██
██                    ███
███    ▀▄      ▄▀    ████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄█████
██████▄▄        ▄▄███████
▀███████████████████████▀

▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀

cassavachips

Activity: 994
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 04:17:30 PM

This of course must have the right reasons. When they announce the campaign has finished and also give notification in the group that they will distribute on the date they say and they have to close the chat in the group so as not to spam and so that everyone can read the pinned message, I think that's quite reasonable.

But if they don't announce when the distribution will be and suddenly the spreadsheet closes, I think that's suspicious. That is a bad act. Group bounties must remain open and accommodate bounty hunter complaints if they do not give a clear announcement. A good bounty manager will do everything transparently.
OasisDre

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 07:04:30 PM

Let's not jump into conclusion right now, the bounty ends on the 9th of December and it's been four days already, the team said they wi pay in the next 48hrs, I hope they keep their words if not I'm sure there will be more red flags waiting for the team through scam accusation thread

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
krisnajsadrak

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 08:33:27 PM

why they must close down the bounty group after bounty ends, this is not normal
but, if they promise they will make distribution in the next 42 hours, just wait because 42 hours is less than 2 days right ?
by the way if they don't make any distributions after 42 hours, with any reason, seems they try to cheat the bounty hunters

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 08:41:05 PM

Not really good to see and a sort of indication that the project has been literally declared as a failure. May others think it was normal but for me, it was a normal scenario in these times where the majority of the projects gave been doing the same after accumulating the money from their investors. A big shame for these developers, they are ruining such a reputation.
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 09:18:25 PM

I think you should give them some time before making any conclusions, if not distributed, then you can tag the campaign scam. We've seen similar issues in the past whereby after doing a campaign, and the project is successful, team denies to distribute tokens or apply harsh rules so people miss out. I remember when for a project we did up to three different KYCs just to get about 5% of promised tokens. Also sometimes we get nothing like PAYACCEPT Bounty scam, but it's good not to assume they won't distribute since they said it will be done in 42 hours.
militiariko

Activity: 297
Merit: 10

Life is beautiful !

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 09:48:11 PM

It is not normal and it is wrong for a bounty manager to treat bounty hunters in such a manner; no matter the circumstances surrounding the bounty, hunter or participants of the bounty program deserves an explanation for whatever events is happening. You need to question the bounty manager and find out whats wrong.
harapan

Activity: 1708
Merit: 298

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 10:02:15 PM

The campaign ends on December 9th so it's only natural that you still can't access the spreadsheet, don't panic, buddy, give them time to calculate it all. it seems like this is your first experience with manager like this

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀