Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:03:18 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon a4+ and fans for it  (Read 122 times)
Tarl2020 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 03:06:41 PM

Hi all,

I've the issue - bought new fans for a4+ and the problem is -

When I powering it on, fan working on 100%, then software shows it 40%, fan working 60, 50% working 50, 60% fan really reduced to 40. Seems that management is working wrong, how can I solve this?
Ken_terrance

Activity: 574
Merit: 18

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 03:30:54 PM

What type of fan you buy? What's the fan voltage if the old fan? How many wires are on the fan? How do you solder the fan? All this questions are very important, to have a total control of fan speed I'm guessing the fan should have up to three or four wires in different colors, drop more info mate

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬   Prasaga   │   Making Smart Money Work   ▬  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tech WP  /  Commercial WP  //  Twitter  /  Facebook  /  Discord  /  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Ryushin

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 04:11:16 PM

I don't know the type of fan you got for the asic miner bit I'm sure the fan must be 5500RPM with 12V, also the fan must have four different wires, blue, red, black and yellow, make sure you connect it right too, if it's not up to this setup there will be problem from readings

miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 04:23:50 PM

You can usually pull the existing fan and read the label...then search Amazom/Alibaba/ Etc for a match or same spec fan.  They are generally not having custom made fans but instead using an available unit to keep costs down.
FireBallex

Activity: 462
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 04:55:42 PM

You can usually pull the existing fan and read the label...then search Amazom/Alibaba/ Etc for a match or same spec fan.  They are generally not having custom made fans but instead using an available unit to keep costs down.
Cooling down a asic miner isn't a joke, if you get anyhow fan the heat will be much, it's better if OP get a high quality fan for the asic miner, fan isn't fan, grades matter here or else your asic miner will over heat every hour and reboots over and over, you don't want to mess with asic cooling

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 05:51:20 PM

Cooling down a asic miner isn't a joke, if you get anyhow fan the heat will be much, it's better if OP get a high quality fan for the asic miner, fan isn't fan, grades matter here or else your asic miner will over heat every hour and reboots over and over, you don't want to mess with asic cooling

Did i say its a joke?  No...maybe reread what i said.

Yes i own some asics....bitmain BTC / ZEC / Sia asics. 

That is why i said look at the fan label. 
It gives the spec of the fan. 
Look that up and get the same or a same spec fans. 
There is no rocket science its fans. 
It is a measure of RPM / CFM / static pressure / V/W.   

I didnt say just get a fan....maybe you should work on reading comprehension.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: