Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:46:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why difference in Transaction fees  (Read 190 times)
Miaallen (OP)

Activity: 573
Merit: 30

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 05:59:11 AM

As a newbie into cryptocurrency world, I understand up to a certain extent the reason for high or low transaction (gas) fees on mostly used blockchain network which is ethereum.
But a thing I find funny is doing a transaction almost at the same time on both tron link wallet and Klever wallet, a gas fee of just 1 tron was charged on tron link while Klever charged about 13 trx for the same amount of transfer at almost the same time. What can possibly be the reason for that?
ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1228

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 06:21:24 AM

The wallets will be charge fee by their own system :
- Flat fee, every wallets have their own flat fee one of the example "Trust Wallets" set up their fee for TRON 1 TRX.
- Based the network condition bussy or not.
- Set up your own fee.

But, as always you need to see the situation network condition on the chain did the network was really busy or not. If yes, then you need to set up your the fee by your self with the condition of network to avoided your TX have a lowest fee and stuck pending on the chain.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
RabbiTANK

Activity: 224
Merit: 18

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 06:21:28 AM

Then don't use klever wallet, that's plain robbery mate, I'm using math wallet and I spend less than 1 Tron for transactions, I'm guessing the klever wallet team are storing the rest of the Trons for themselves, there are some wallets like klever wallet in crypto space today.

ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1228

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 06:30:59 AM

Then don't use klever wallet, that's plain robbery mate, I'm using math wallet and I spend less than 1 Tron for transactions, I'm guessing the klever wallet team are storing the rest of the Trons for themselves, there are some wallets like klever wallet in crypto space today.
I'm will respond about "the service take a few amount from the withdrawal fee"

IMO, it's normal to do that on the business operation most of the exchange and wallets to keep their platform running will take a few percentage fee from various activity like :
- Trading or Convert Fee Crypto
- Withdrawl Fee

As long still on the normal policy, I will be hate when they take some fee but the fee they're spend was pretty low and they take 95% the fee from the withdrawal fee and make your transaction stuck.

Every service will doing this to keep their business alive, If they not doing this how they can operation, updating their business platform?

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
leea-1334

Activity: 2254
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 08:07:02 AM

As a newbie into cryptocurrency world, I understand up to a certain extent the reason for high or low transaction (gas) fees on mostly used blockchain network which is ethereum.
But a thing I find funny is doing a transaction almost at the same time on both tron link wallet and Klever wallet, a gas fee of just 1 tron was charged on tron link while Klever charged about 13 trx for the same amount of transfer at almost the same time. What can possibly be the reason for that?

Centralized wallets charge their own fees, this is why. Learn to use your own wallet where you set your own fees. When you trust a centralized wallet, you have to agree to all their settings, all centralized services charge you something to pay for maintenance and upkeep. Nothing you can do about it except just migrate to your own native Tron wallet.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Phoenix_PROG

Activity: 224
Merit: 28

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 08:23:40 AM

There must be a reason why you are using this klever wallet when many Tron wallets are available in crypto space today, you want to share more information about that? Klever wallet is a Centralized wallet and I doubt you even have access to your private keys? If it's NO please stop using the wallet
Inkdull

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 09:14:35 AM

Switch to TronLink, Math wallet, Trust wallet or Token pocket for the best Tron network experience, transaction fee are damn lower on this wallets are they aren't centralized as the klever wallet, only centralized wallets have high fee for gas this is why I don't use them

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 10:38:15 AM

That was also my question before? But now I understand the reason, each platform has its own fee structures. maybe its a wallet or an exchange, the best thing to do is we must visit first the (Frequently Ask Questions FAQ) section if there is one! so that we can be aware of the most common questions that we need to know. But sometimes if you are in hurry mode, you have an option to set your fees a little bit higher so that your transaction will be picked first which is base on my experiences. 
TofuDefi

Activity: 156
Merit: 4

Trade and stake Ethereum assets on TRON

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2020, 11:02:20 AM

Did you send the same token in both cases?

TofuDefi.com - trade and stake Ethereum assets on TRON
Yamifoud

Activity: 2758
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 11:39:28 AM

If that could be changed before proceeding, then that was not the default gas fee but that be considered as the suggesting gas fee to fasten transaction and given the higher priority among others. If you are not so keen enough to double-check before clicking the confirm button, then you'll get surprised that you are deducted such huge fees.

This is also happening to Electrum wallet and quite a thing that many have become victims to this. They are of different wallets so expect different sets of fees as well.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2030
Merit: 156

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 12:34:27 PM

As much as there are different companies so will their transaction fees be different. There are series of wallets around the industry and the preferred type are the best for individual who intend to use them, transaction fees varies from crypto-wallets even though from exchanges, this called for more research on the part of investors to choose their wallet with care. There are very good wallets that charge very low transaction fees, so, having the best wallet give this difference of transaction fees.

Yudhisthir

Activity: 1048
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 01:35:46 PM

There can be a slight difference in transaction fees when you transact at the same time but that won't be as contrasting as 1:13. And for something like trx, the transaction fees are too low. If you have enough coins on your wallet and don't have multiple transactions everytime and is transferring to a used address, the energy should be enough on most case to send without a transaction fees. On other circumstances, it won't go over a couple of trx. The wallet you mentioned, Klever, I haven't used it but they sure are overcharging.

aryana42

Activity: 1190
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 02:02:17 PM

There is no definite reason for this because I also often see on several different exchanges that the cost of making transactions with the Tron token is very low, which is only 1 TRX per transaction, except on the Bitforex exchange which is almost 20 TRX per transaction, so this is already I think it is very normal, because in the past I also made transactions using Tronlink and there was no fee at all, meaning it was free.
Yogee

Activity: 1554
Merit: 412

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 03:33:43 PM

....But a thing I find funny is doing a transaction almost at the same time on both tron link wallet and Klever wallet, a gas fee of just 1 tron was charged on tron link while Klever charged about 13 trx for the same amount of transfer at almost the same time. What can possibly be the reason for that?
You may want to personally check what's happening in the Tron blockchain first before laughing at the difference in fees.

You can ignore the above answers since none of them tried to read first. They don't even know Kelver wallet is non-custodial yet they post about centralized wallet.

Here's something that may answer your question,
The Tron blockchain has implemented new and increased fees from November 24, which means that fees for transaction energy and bandwidth have risen by 400%, and the uptick in fees is aimed at encouraging users on Tron to freeze more TRX.

What is important from a user perspective, particularly if you are a dapp user on Tron, is to freeze more TRX in order to continue to use dapps with no or very small fees. You can easily freeze TRX in your Klever app by clicking the “Freeze” button located in your TRX account screen.
- https://klever.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360053021131-Tron-increases-fees-here-s-how-to-freeze-TRX-in-Klever-to-enjoy-minimal-fees

I bet you did not freeze your TRX in your Klever wallet so you had to pay for the high fees.

You can also check your Tronlink wallet if your TRX was frozen there which allowed you to pay less fees.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 11:54:04 AM

Unfortunately every different place will charge very differently for whatever reason, as long as you know where the cheap ones are you will always find where the cheapest will be. I have always thought about finding the cheapest transactions will be the best for people because in crypto world transactions are our biggest expense and a website that shows the cheapest way to move money around would have made a lot of money, but because I do not have neither money nor coding skills I couldn't build such a thing.

However I have faced with same things before in my life, where I was charged over 11 dollars for something and declined and found other ways that cost me less than 4 dollars, it is just knowing how to move money around cheaply or just getting screwed by places.
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 04:55:36 PM

Transaction fees on the ERC-20 platform were triggered a few months ago as Defi got hotter and hotter.  So the fee increase isn't due to the poor processing speed of the ERC-20 platform, it's just that they have to deal with tens of millions of transactions per day.
Tron's platform is cheap because they do not have to serve too many transactions during the day, so the dispute between the nodes has not happened yet.

Due to the above difference, we should hold the coin at TRC-20 and should only use ERC-20 when you need to invest in current hot Defi projects.  So kindly be patient and wait for Ethereum 2.0 to officially launch, I believe that fee will be reduced back to normal.
Ghondronk

Activity: 356
Merit: 14

https://exiptoken.io/

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 05:48:27 PM

What I feel is that the current trend in increasing transaction fee was governed by the high network traffic created by the increase in transactions. With the recent boom in BTC, more people have once again gathered around crypto market and that led to a sudden demand on BTC. I hope everything will get settled in next few weeks once the market becomes more stable.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
pedrillo0

Activity: 1732
Merit: 502

Nada y Tú?

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 06:30:12 PM

Buddy, every wallet has its transaction fees. You should inform yourself in the terms of conditions.
For example in ETH, it also varies according to the state of the network. The busier, the higher the transaction fee.
In ETH you can configure the cost of shipping according to the amount of gas.
ningrum

Activity: 1610
Merit: 103

The OGz Club

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 07:35:15 PM

of course different, because the network used is also different,
if you use Ethereum the transaction fees can be expensive and can be cheap,
but if you use the Tron, Waves, Doge network the transaction fees are not too expensive.

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
articlecity

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

https://blockmembers.io/

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 07:52:52 PM

Some wallets or exchanges do have additional transfer fee but yes I agree with you mostly I have seen 1 trx transfer fee only at all places so it is like the standard charges, someone charging more is not good for the user.

|▌ BlockMembers.io ▐| THE FUTURE OF HOME BUILDING IS HERE
∎   AUTO CONSTRUCTION   ∎ END TO END AUTOMATION
Announcement Thread  ▪  Facebook  ▪  Telegram  ▪  Twitter  ]
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: