Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:52:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I Created an App that Helps You Practice Trading - TradingGYM  (Read 230 times)
deandree (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 19, 2020, 11:53:22 PM

So your bias is reduced - you really don't know what will happen next.
Isn't it even better if people can use a live price chart from CMC or TradingView? That way anyone can literally try to trade using their skills and not relying on historical performance. I think it would serve better as an alternative for demo trading platform.

This app is all about training pattern recognition. If you use live chart, you have to wait hours or days for results. With this app, you have to click "Next" and you have your result in seconds.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deandree (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2020, 11:55:35 PM

This is cool . Congratulations for your work and for your idea . What technologies did you use to build this app? Also I were the developer I would improve the app by adding some APIs that work in real time with bitcoin's price.

Tech stack: Node/React (in TypeScript). Postgres DB. Hosted with Vercel (previously Zeit/Now). ECharts for charting.
Marbigoad

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2020, 09:23:43 PM

Nice, just found this, really feel like I'm learning much faster this way.

Super cool UI also.

What's planned next and when can we expect any new features?
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
November 26, 2020, 09:28:28 PM

Interesting stuff. If I understand correctly, all the data that's there is static and doesn't change? You cannot actually place a demo investment on an asset and see it's value? Basically, the app does the job of reading how the candle chart works or how to analyze it rather than teaching the actual trading? Would love to see if we can have a demo investment with fake coins and have the value of the coin randomly go-up or down making the chart and its history very dynamic. Sort of replicating the actual market.
deandree (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2020, 10:55:55 PM

Interesting stuff. If I understand correctly, all the data that's there is static and doesn't change? You cannot actually place a demo investment on an asset and see it's value? Basically, the app does the job of reading how the candle chart works or how to analyze it rather than teaching the actual trading? Would love to see if we can have a demo investment with fake coins and have the value of the coin randomly go-up or down making the chart and its history very dynamic. Sort of replicating the actual market.

Almost every exchange has demo/paper trading. But that's slow - you make a trade and wait hours or days ...
What this app does is gives your learning x100 boost because you can fast-forward time and test patterns in seconds which would have taken you days in demo account.
deandree (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 12:08:22 PM

Nice, just found this, really feel like I'm learning much faster this way.

Super cool UI also.

What's planned next and when can we expect any new features?

Thanks!

We just pushed new version with some of the most requested features - Volume Bars and Stoploss/Take-profit functionality.

Indicators are coming soon!

And we also might introduce a multiplayer/challenge mode. Stay tuned!
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
December 01, 2020, 03:48:15 PM

Wow. This is a very nice initiative. I'm sure it would have aid my trading journey a lot more if I learnt of this some years ago. I believe it is especially good for newbies who are just starting out in trading.
I'd have suggested you add the stop loss and take profit features but I realized someone already mentioned it which is good by the way. Having Stop Loss is especially beneficial for newbies who don't have a risk management plan.
I know you've gotten more ideas on how to improve the app by the several responses given already in the thread.
I doff my hat to you on this great idea.

vaultman
Copper Member

Activity: 493
Merit: 170

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 10:47:32 AM

Anything can happen on the market at any moment, and accordingly, anything can happen to the price. All these "fortune-telling" on the charts do not really matter to me. Yes, there is a cyclical nature in the market, you can see some pattern, but in general, everything always depends on the situation in the world, country, city, etc.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 11:44:08 AM

i dont understand most that you have said because they are either too deep or im just a noob at trading  but i can tell that your trading app is now the best because you put the future that you didnt find all together in a single app  .
there could also be people that are like you that are also looking for all of those tools .
 next step is by pushing this app to the app store or android play store so that traders and trader wanabe can reached it and discover it easily and you can also earn money from it .
deandree (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 01:55:23 PM

Wow. This is a very nice initiative. I'm sure it would have aid my trading journey a lot more if I learnt of this some years ago. I believe it is especially good for newbies who are just starting out in trading.
I'd have suggested you add the stop loss and take profit features but I realized someone already mentioned it which is good by the way. Having Stop Loss is especially beneficial for newbies who don't have a risk management plan.
I know you've gotten more ideas on how to improve the app by the several responses given already in the thread.
I doff my hat to you on this great idea.

Thanks! The stoploss and take profit functionality has been recently added to the app. Enjoy!
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 02:17:44 PM

Im always practicing trading last year in Binance testnet and I think I really need more time again to practice because lately I have few losses fortunately not that big enough I will really appreciate if you can add live price on your app, thanks op.

thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 02:19:23 PM

I would like to see this app integrating live trading and not only historical data. Although it might help newbie that is just start to learn trading but experiencing this in live trading will be the best. I do make used of the demo trading of hitbtc in the past https://demo.hitbtc.com/ and it was really helpful. I am not sure if there is any demo trading application that are available in mobile and desktop. Most of the one I know are web based. So if you can integrate this and make it available for mobile and desktop, it would have been the best. Dont forget you can also make money from your work by integrating in built ads services
Fesatmas

Activity: 2268
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 02:56:47 PM

although I am not interested in accessing the applications that you offer. because I prefer direct trading. but I appreciate what you did. maybe beginners can try it to broaden their horizons about good and correct trading.
In this case, the important thing is that you don't do the things that cause data theft. I think you have to develop a lot more to align with live trading. and this will obviously be very effective instead of using historical charts.

DuelbitsSPORTS
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████