Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 07:47:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 21 Bitcoin Computer for Sale!  (Read 206 times)
marco.barulli (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 01:55:14 PM

The 21 Bitcoin Computer is the first computer with native hardware and software support for the Bitcoin protocol.
It is designed for developers to easily build Bitcoin-payable apps, services and devices
Operate it as a standalone computer, or connect it to any Mac, Windows, or Linux machine.

Ideal to learn how to run a Bitcoin node and build blockchain applications.

====
Used for just a few hours.
Missing standard power adapter.
Year 2017.
199 EUR + Shipping (used to sell for 399 USD)
====

More information here: https://www.amazon.com/21-INC-21BC1-Bitcoin-Computer/dp/B014RD021C
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 3732

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2020, 06:43:08 PM

The specifications that you provide as a computer are weak. You need to work on adding more physical devices (RAM AND ROM.)
The choice of the operating system makes the device for general use and not intended for Bitcoin.

Has a suite of pre-configured Bitcoin-dependent software, and includes a 128 GB SD card loaded with a full copy of the Blockchain

The minimum limit for the blockchain is around 300 gigabytes, so unless this is an additional 128 gigabytes it will not be of use because it will not be able to synchronize in this way.

marco.barulli (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 08:17:13 PM

Thanks for your message.

These are the original specifications from 2017.
The device is just perfect for educational purposes and the SD Card slot can, of course, be used with larger cards, compatible with the current blockchain size.

Best.
gt_addict

Activity: 2506
Merit: 621

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 12:46:02 PM

How have you managed to get around the fact that 21 Inc no longer have functional servers for this? I have one as a paperweight and it will not connect to anything other than the servers pre-programmed onto the SD card.

Also I paid just $25 for it with all cables and power supplies knowing it is useless for Bitcoin.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
marco.barulli (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 02:01:47 PM

To be honest, I didn't.
I haven't used it for quite some time. Smiley

I am just assuming that the 21 may run bitcoind similarly to what can be done with a Raspberry Pi, regardless of the 21.co server. Am I wrong?
gt_addict

Activity: 2506
Merit: 621

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 02:41:20 PM

To be honest, I didn't.
I haven't used it for quite some time. Smiley

I am just assuming that the 21 may run bitcoind similarly to what can be done with a Raspberry Pi, regardless of the 21.co server. Am I wrong?

No it wont. If there is a way to get into the code to change the pre-programmed settings then it may well do but thats far more time and effort than most people are willing to give for such little in return.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
marco.barulli (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 11:03:03 PM

Thanks for your advice.
I just shipped it to someone willing to take a look nonetheless. For free. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: