Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:16:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I don't feel like working anymore.  (Read 7700 times)
ALPHA. (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 01:59:45 AM

I don't feel like feeding myself nor fetching water. Heck, I even wear a diaper that needs to be changed. I am going to die of dehydration and in an adult diaper full of shit glued to my ass unless somebody pays for my survival. You don't feel like helping me nor can you afford to care for me. Oh but luckily you're so compassionate that you'll force other people to care for me. You take your team of buddies with guns to extort funds from your neighbors so I can get my ass wiped, watered and fed.

Is this moral? If not, what should of been done that doesn't require force?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
antoineph

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 02:04:28 AM

I think it's immoral on account of the rhetoric and provocative language you used, which is going to convince everybody to agree with you.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 02:04:34 AM

I don't feel like feeding myself nor fetching water. Heck, I even wear a diaper that needs to be changed. I am going to die of dehydration and in an adult diaper full of shit glued to my ass

TMI Atlas. T-M-I.

Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 12:02:12 AM

I don't feel like feeding myself nor fetching water. Heck, I even wear a diaper that needs to be changed. I am going to die of dehydration and in an adult diaper full of shit glued to my ass unless somebody pays for my survival. You don't feel like helping me nor can you afford to care for me. Oh but luckily you're so compassionate that you'll force other people to care for me. You take your team of buddies with guns to extort funds from your neighbors so I can get my ass wiped, watered and fed.

We will provide the bare minimum to feed you and we will provide education.  It won't be long before you get bored or meet a woman and then your complaint will be that you can't get enough work. 

Hopefully, when that happens there will be a job for you...otherwise we will have to call you a parasite.
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2011, 12:14:42 AM

Please for the love of god ban this useless ALPHA poster, I've ignored him, but the forum still shows the several useless threads a day started by ignored users that have nothing to do with bitcoin.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 12:33:06 AM

Please for the love of god ban this useless ALPHA poster, I've ignored him, but the forum still shows the several useless threads a day started by ignored users that have nothing to do with bitcoin.

Did you ignore me yet?  Huh

deuxmill

Activity: 130

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 10:55:11 AM

If you have to ask, you're not ready to know yet.
JA37

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 11:11:29 AM

If you do that you have some sort of mental disorder. Is it moral to leave those with a mental disorder that keeps them from sustaining themselves to die?

Ponzi me: http://fxnet.bitlex.org/?ref=588
Thanks to the anonymous person who doubled my BTC wealth by sending 0.02 BTC to: 1BSGbFq4G8r3uckpdeQMhP55ScCJwbvNnG
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 11:28:57 AM

And my father used to say that he was unlucky with his breed...  Roll Eyes
Wonder what he would say if Atlas was his son...
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 02:59:10 PM

If you do that you have some sort of mental disorder. Is it moral to leave those with a mental disorder that keeps them from sustaining themselves to die?

Is it moral to enslave people to care for those who are dying of a mental disorder?

If people truly care about them, shouldn't it be only those who choose to care for them that do so?
JA37

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 03:46:24 PM

Is it moral to enslave people to care for those who are dying of a mental disorder?

If people truly care about them, shouldn't it be only those who choose to care for them that do so?

Is it moral to put the full burden of care on a select few?
We can do this all day.

Thanks to the anonymous person who doubled my BTC wealth by sending 0.02 BTC to: 1BSGbFq4G8r3uckpdeQMhP55ScCJwbvNnG
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 04:19:34 PM

We can do this all day.

Yes, it is. The burden should only be put on those who desire it. Nobody is entitled to the labor of another. That is slavery.
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2011, 04:33:17 PM

We will provide the bare minimum to feed you and we will provide education.

Speak for yourself.
JA37

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 05:26:39 PM

We can do this all day.

Yes, it is. The burden should only be put on those who desire it. Nobody is entitled to the labor of another. That is slavery.

It is? You think it's morally right of you to leave someone to die and rely on somebody else to take care of them?

NghtRppr

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2011, 05:33:18 PM

It is? You think it's morally right of you to leave someone to die and rely on somebody else to take care of them?

Just because something is immoral doesn't mean it's moral to use violence to prevent it. It's immoral to cheat on your partner but is it something we should be using violence to stop? No! Similarly, it's immoral to let people suffer when we have the ability to stop it. However, it's also immoral for me to use violence to force you to give aid when you don't want to. That's the key issue that is missed by the statists. You folks rant about how immoral it is to allow people to suffer when we can help them. Most of us anarchists agree that it is immoral. That's why I give to charity when I can. Where we disagree is what is a valid response to refusal to render aid. We say peace. You say violence.
JA37

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 06:11:01 PM

Just because something is immoral doesn't mean it's moral to use violence to prevent it. It's immoral to cheat on your partner but is it something we should be using violence to stop? No! Similarly, it's immoral to let people suffer when we have the ability to stop it. However, it's also immoral for me to use violence to force you to give aid when you don't want to. That's the key issue that is missed by the statists. You folks rant about how immoral it is to allow people to suffer when we can help them. Most of us anarchists agree that it is immoral. That's why I give to charity when I can. Where we disagree is what is a valid response to refusal to render aid. We say peace. You say violence.

There's a lot of grey areas. You have to decide which is most moral to do. Moral to use violence to prevent cheating? Most westerners would say no, but certain eastern cultures don't agree. Moral to use violence to prevent suffering? Most people would say yes. Depending on the level of suffering and violence involved. Most people outside of this forum anyway. You know, the sane people.  Grin

While I applaud your rhetoric I think we advocate different kind of violence. I advocate taking some of your money to aid the less fortunate (which is violence if you like). You advocate letting people those people die (which can be seen as a passive form of violence).

deuxmill

Activity: 130

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 11:15:11 PM

Wake up .... there is no such thing as moral ... immoral . It's just You and me and many others just like us.
One is in dept only to his offspring. And not the other way round.
BUT we should help each other if we want to be helped.
The more humans ... more genetic material ... more possible combinations ... more changes of genius ... faster progress .

Now we just have to find a way to power ourselves and spread the knowledge so that the geniuses that might appear have access to it .
Morality is stupid ... it disqualifies something because is said or done by some immoral person.

A whore is immoral but that doesn't mean that what she says is incorrect . Not even what she does ain't damaging anyone so why do we treat them as lower end women?
A thief is immoral but that doesn't mean he can't have a say about politics . We should look at what he proposes and not at his history. Sure don't trust him with wealth without supervision Cheesy
A drunkard is immoral but that doesn't mean anything . Just that he is drunk . If what he says is correct then does it matter if he is drunk or not?
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 11:43:15 PM

There is no morality but the will of the bigger gun. Common knowledge, my friend. I prefer to distribute the force evenly among every individual. You wish to centralize it to your whims. Let's see who wins.
NghtRppr

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2011, 12:07:52 AM

I advocate taking some of your money to aid the less fortunate (which is violence if you like). You advocate letting people those people die (which can be seen as a passive form of violence).

You really need to learn the difference between advocating and tolerating. I tolerate people using heroin. I don't advocate it. There's a big difference. If you don't acknowledge that difference, you're not actually addressing my point of view but just some straw man. I don't advocate letting people die. I'm not encouraging it. I'm not recommending it. I'm simply saying that it's immoral to use violence outside of self-defense. You advocate taking money from people and if they refuse, kidnapping them and imprisoning them, and if they resist, killing them. I am against that. That's the line. Argue that.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 12:13:18 AM

The violent statist philosophy doesn't even work optimally from a utilitarian aspect. When a man's property right is compromised to the lowest bidder there's going to be less wealth, more poverty and more suffering; there will be less incentive to produce.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: