Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:49:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What I think every trader should do to stay in the green  (Read 1529 times)
winrate.io (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 107
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2020, 09:58:30 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2020, 10:26:05 PM by winrate.io

The problem with trading
When I started day trading crypto 3 years ago, I didn't have a plan with my trading. I just thought "if my win rate is high, I will make money gogogo".
I think everyone is missing a very important step if you just do some TA and start trading.

"You need a strategy"
Everyone told me from day 1 "You need a strategy" - but I simply didn't know how to make one. After losing 90% of my account balance, I took a break from trading for 6 months. Then I came back with a new mindset and reviewed some of my past trades.

I had no plan
When I look back at it, it was actually crazy how much I cowboyed my trading. Sometimes, I made +1%, sometimes -3%, sometimes +5%, sometimes +10%, sometimes -7%. There was no structure and I had no idea what results I could expect.

Since I had no forecast of my results, it was difficult to follow my rules. I simply lacked motivation to follow my rules. I think this is very common.

What worked for me
What made me go from a bad trader to a consistent profitable trader, was ACTUALLY using a strategy. Not only trading based on a vague strategy.

NOW - How the heck should I form a reliable strategy that works?
I opened up a Google Sheet and started writing formulas to estimate my earnings and losses from trading, based on different win rate, starting balance, leverage etc. It helped me a lot but it was so tedious to change the strategy in Google Sheets

I had enough. So I started to Google if there was a better way to do this. I found nothing. The only thing I found was a Forex Profit Calculator, but I wanted one for crypto.

Winrate.io was my game changer
So I made my own one. I created a website called winrate.io where you can test your current strategy or create a new strategy if your current one doesn't work.

This was a game changer for my own trading - Since I realized that my current strategy was not efficient at all and I was trading on an exchange with crazy fees. I sat down for 1-2 hours and tried different setups, and found out that I just had to make a few tweaks to make my current strategy work a lot better.

This is free and it will not ask for anything from you - not even your email. This is simply my Google Sheet in a more user friendly version that I personally use to improve my trading. My friends also use it regularly. So I wanted to share it with you as well. Hope thats OK!

I really think this step is very important but something that a lot of traders does not do - because it is difficult to do in Google Sheets or Excel.

Please let me know if you think this is helpful and if you have any questions.

All the best,
Joel

CRYPTO TRADING PROFIT SIMULATOR | 100% FREE TO USE | NO REGISTRATION | NO SIGNUP | ▶ WATCH TUTORIAL VIDEO

Winrate.io

|
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
djgtr

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 10:55:36 PM

Traders should stay focused on their asset by monitoring the fluctuations, because this helps them become updated with every changes. Having gains to stay in green signals is very difficult to maintain while market sometimes saturate due to resistance. Long term holds will be effective for a meanwhile so trying this as an alternative strategy might be efficient as well.
bandungan

Activity: 798
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 03:37:27 AM

To keep the market green I think it is difficult because the market will move every second, minute, hour and day. you can only set your strategy. leave the red market as long as you can get a small profit it doesn't matter the most important thing is consistent to run and set a time pattern when to monitor market movements so you don't miss it when the green market
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 06:01:15 AM

"You need a strategy"
Everyone told me from day 1 "You need a strategy" - but I simply didn't know how to make one. After losing 90% of my account balance, I took a break from trading for 6 months. Then I came back with a new mindset and reviewed some of my past trades.
Just as  I think before but you know what, most traders are dealing with hardship in making their trades profitable. In the real situation, traders get a lot of failures before getting the right mixture of strategy in order for them to attain profitability.

I'm done with trading and it's not that profitable to me, well at least its the day trading that I'm mentioning. And the strategy that I've learned from the others is no other than holding. Accumulating and holding works great for me and I don't want to get rekt again by doing day trading.

Signature for rent
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 06:45:35 AM

So this is just a click bait title to advertise your site? I mean, if you would like to advertise your site, how about making a proper announcement thread? This will allow you users to create proper discussion with you. And aren't their already a lot of trade simulators out there? Is there something unique you are providing? Nonetheless, your simulation interface looks clean and easy to use. By the way, how do I set the win-rate? Just a guess or make some few trades before and based on that I place the value?

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
winrate.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2020, 09:15:45 AM

Traders should stay focused on their asset by monitoring the fluctuations, because this helps them become updated with every changes. Having gains to stay in green signals is very difficult to maintain while market sometimes saturate due to resistance. Long term holds will be effective for a meanwhile so trying this as an alternative strategy might be efficient as well.

Yes, I agree with you. This is primarily for Day Traders and Swing Traders. But I think no matter what trading style you have, it's important to calculate and estimate your profits, so that you can know what to expect as a result.

To keep the market green I think it is difficult because the market will move every second, minute, hour and day. you can only set your strategy. leave the red market as long as you can get a small profit it doesn't matter the most important thing is consistent to run and set a time pattern when to monitor market movements so you don't miss it when the green market

Well, it depends on what kind of trader you are. I personally like it the more the price moves, and I make money in red markets as well, either from shorting or from buying in the dips. However, I never take more than 2% profit and I never lose more than 2%.

"You need a strategy"
Just as  I think before but you know what, most traders are dealing with hardship in making their trades profitable. In the real situation, traders get a lot of failures before getting the right mixture of strategy in order for them to attain profitability.

I'm done with trading and it's not that profitable to me, well at least its the day trading that I'm mentioning. And the strategy that I've learned from the others is no other than holding. Accumulating and holding works great for me and I don't want to get rekt again by doing day trading.

Yeah, trading is difficult and it hurts me to see how many people are losing lots of money. Thats why I think everyone needs a strategy - to know what is the worst case scenario and what is the best case scenario.

For me this was a game-changer. Because I realized that, with the right strategy, I didn't even have to risk that much money but still have the same potential.

One of my most important rules that I use to stay in the green is to NEVER lose more than 2% on a trade, never never never. I always set the stop loss at 1-2%. In that way, I will never panic and if I realize that I have too many losses in a row, I pause my trading and evaluate why I keep losing.

So this is just a click bait title to advertise your site? I mean, if you would like to advertise your site, how about making a proper announcement thread? This will allow you users to create proper discussion with you. And aren't their already a lot of trade simulators out there? Is there something unique you are providing? Nonetheless, your simulation interface looks clean and easy to use. By the way, how do I set the win-rate? Just a guess or make some few trades before and based on that I place the value?

Well, no. I do not make any money on this website, so I wouldn't call it advertising. I genuinely think this is a helpful tool for all traders. I built it for my own use and now it's publicly open to anyone to use as well.

If you have seen a tool like this, please let me know, because I haven't found anything like this at all. Only for the forex market.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!

You can change the win rate by changing the win rate in the input field.

CRYPTO TRADING PROFIT SIMULATOR | 100% FREE TO USE | NO REGISTRATION | NO SIGNUP | ▶ WATCH TUTORIAL VIDEO

Winrate.io

|
cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 11:55:33 AM

That can be possible but of course even with strategy we should not expect a green portfolio always. We all knew how volatile the market is a trader whom is proficient still have some red stats on their asset. Me myself can't consistently stay green cause I have a long time tokens that have some different performance daily. But for some reason some traders always make sure that they stay in tether at the end of their trades to avoid such loss streak that couldnt be seen on their active time.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
davis196

Merit: 913

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 11:57:56 AM

This forum thread is basically an infomercial promoting the website winrate.io.
I didn't get any value from reading this.You say that you needed a strategy,but you don't explain your strategy in detail.Do you mean that your strategy is just to create a Google sheet about all your trades and aim for consistent profitable trades?This doesn't seem like a strategy to me.
Even the greatest traders can't stay in the green all the time.
A FOREX or crypto "profit calculator" isn't the most important tool for creating a trading strategy.You need to learn technical and fundamental analysis and you have to pick the best trading signals.

winrate.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2020, 12:12:48 PM

This forum thread is basically an infomercial promoting the website winrate.io.
I didn't get any value from reading this.You say that you needed a strategy,but you don't explain your strategy in detail.Do you mean that your strategy is just to create a Google sheet about all your trades and aim for consistent profitable trades?This doesn't seem like a strategy to me.
Even the greatest traders can't stay in the green all the time.
A FOREX or crypto "profit calculator" isn't the most important tool for creating a trading strategy.You need to learn technical and fundamental analysis and you have to pick the best trading signals.

Let me ask you, are you a Day Trader or Swing Trader? Because I don't agree with you completely here.

What was the game changer for me and what helped me go from red to green was estimating what my strategy would yield. The first go, I realized that I didn't have a good strategy. The next go, I realized that my strategy was not efficient. So I used my sheet (nowadays my website) to refine the strategy until it was efficient.

When I finally had a strategy that I truly believed in, I was finally able to follow the strategy without breaking it. And that might sound simple, but it's not. When you're trading heavily, there is a lot of emotions and you easily break your rules and strategy. This helped me stick to the plan, and the plan was profitable.

My strategy (as I mentioned above) is:

- Always use a 1-2% stop loss
- Always take profit at 2%
- Use an exchange with good fees
- Trade with a low amount to remove emotions (use leverage instead)
- Use 15x leverage

Now when I never break these foundations of the strategy, there is only one more parameter that will affect my result: The Win Rate

And now I also know the lowest win rate I can have in order to not lose money and I can also see the potential if I keep my Win Rate up at a certain level.

Then I trade on my regular TA (RSI divergence, channels, support/resistance etc.). The funny thing is, when I was new, I focused too much on the TA. But I realized that your SETUP is even more important. TA does not control your feels, TA does not do the math for you. TA is only a way to control your Win Rate.

You really think this isn't helpful at all and still ad bullsh*t?

Winrate.io

|
adzino
Copper Member

Merit: 574

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 09:22:06 PM

Well, no. I do not make any money on this website, so I wouldn't call it advertising. I genuinely think this is a helpful tool for all traders. I built it for my own use and now it's publicly open to anyone to use as well.
I thought I saw something about promoting Bybit exchange and how it was better in terms of fee. It had your referral link. Don't get me wrong though. I am not against using referral links and you deserve to earn something from your affiliate for your hard work Smiley. Indeed this is going to be helpful for a lot of people and you did the right thing sharing it with everyone.
Curious though, how are all the net profit from bybit almost double?
If you have seen a tool like this, please let me know, because I haven't found anything like this at all. Only for the forex market.

I was talking about those demo account where you can simulate trading without risking anything and hence try out startegies.

I meant how do you determine that. But then got to know it's the same thing as win-loss ratio.

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Lanatsa

Activity: 2828
Merit: 649

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 10:33:43 PM

Aside on shilling out that winrate.io thing then lets talk to the main topic on what trader should do to make itself in green?

Its common that those traits would really be your first experience as a trader specially when you are just starting up but with those mistakes
you would definitely be learning up something along the way which would really be beneficial into your trading career.

Minimize risk as possible and making or molding your own strategy out of your knowledge and experience will really be
a never ending journey.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
winrate.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2020, 12:08:16 AM

I thought I saw something about promoting Bybit exchange and how it was better in terms of fee. It had your referral link. Don't get me wrong though. I am not against using referral links and you deserve to earn something from your affiliate for your hard work Smiley. Indeed this is going to be helpful for a lot of people and you did the right thing sharing it with everyone.
Curious though, how are all the net profit from bybit almost double?

I was talking about those demo account where you can simulate trading without risking anything and hence try out startegies.

I meant how do you determine that. But then got to know it's the same thing as win-loss ratio.

The net profit can actually vary a lot depending on which exchange you use. I don't want to name any specific exchanges here, but let me give you an example on how different the fees can be:

Exchange 1
Limit order fee: 0.1%
Market order fee: 0.2%

Exchange 2
Limit order fee: -0.025% (means you earn money on your fee rebates)
Market order fee: 0.075%

Exchange 1 will not be profitable for a scalper for example, while Exchange 2 could be very profitable for a scalper.

When I started out day trading, I used an exchange like Exchange 1. When you think about it, if you enter the position with a market order (which I often did) and then lost the trade. I would actually lose -0.4% only on fees. So lets say I had a 1:1 RR at 1%. I would then lose -1.4% on my losses and only make +0.7% on my wins.

I didn't realize that this could make or break my trading until I used my Google Sheet. And when I create my website, it made it even more clear what effect different strategies had.

Hope it clear things up.

Winrate.io

|
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2020, 01:31:27 AM

"You need a strategy"
Just as  I think before but you know what, most traders are dealing with hardship in making their trades profitable. In the real situation, traders get a lot of failures before getting the right mixture of strategy in order for them to attain profitability.
(....)
Opening a trade position is just building a house, you need to plan, you have this blueprint for what will be the house looks like. You need to build the foundation of the house and make sure it will last longer with good equipment.
It is the same with trading, you gonna need to plan ahead, like the target price, or stop-loss. That's why technical analysis is really important when you do trading.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 03:25:03 AM

That is just impossible.

You can't control the market, you can't be always at the "green" because that is not based on your strategies or movements. You can minimize risks or your losses by doing other things like for example diversifying your portfolio but that also means having a higher possibility of not being in the green. That is like an investment that would never dump which also means doesn't exist.
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 04:09:38 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2020, 05:07:19 AM by maxreish

This actually reminds me of Bitmex calculator wherein you can see your PNL and other possible profits when set up differenr preferred leverage and amount entry. Of course the first thing we should do is to make a Risk Management Plan for our trading as well as stop loss order with effecient Technical Analysis. Those strong combinations will definitely make your trading go green and smooth with of course proper strategy.

So, the simulator has also a shill for bybit at the bottom of the site, too. Anyway, this can be very helpful to some traders who wish to compute their future profits and losses.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 08:16:53 AM

Winrate making a shill topic about win rate is a funny thing. Normally they at least create a new member here, or buy a jr.member or something and use that for profit purposes, here they didn't even care about anything like that, they simply focused on shilling and used their own account for that purpose. All weird and definitely useless marketing aside, having one strategy that works out is a great feeling, finding that strategy? Not so much.

It is not easy to find a method that would yield you profit no matter what, sometimes for a long period, sometimes very quickly but it takes time to find that out. I have used DCA for years now and that seems to be the only one working, but for about 3-4 years I have looked for every indicator and every technical analysis and failed them all.

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 09:03:32 AM

The problem with trading
When I started day trading crypto 3 years ago, I didn't have a plan with my trading. I just thought "if my win rate is high, I will make money gogogo".
I think everyone is missing a very important step if you just do some TA and start trading.

Freakishly true. When we were noob we thought after seeing the up rising market, this is the place where we can go and earn bucks just like that. Lol, but it is so not true since a noob is always haunted with greed of earning quick bucks. But as new comer no one knows how volatile this market is and that the first wrong thing new comer get hit by.

"You need a strategy"

Thats called as self-evaluation. A very important and progressive thing which a trader must acquire in their blood stream. Literally, I have myself jumped into the trading with attitude that yeah it's just buy and sell stuff. You buy low and you sell high. But that's not the point here. You can't win the market if you don't have proper timings really.

I had no plan
When I look back at it, it was actually crazy how much I cowboyed my trading. Sometimes, I made +1%, sometimes -3%, sometimes +5%, sometimes +10%, sometimes -7%. There was no structure and I had no idea what results I could expect.

Since I had no forecast of my results, it was difficult to follow my rules. I simply lacked motivation to follow my rules. I think this is very common.

Visionary trader! One must set a goal. How much far one wants to go when it's green, and how fast one must stop when it's going all red!
I like this one, because this is the main criteria. If you don't control yourself then you can just loose it all in a blink of an eye. Truly, its about beating the stop-loss meter which most of us fail in the initial days or if we don't walk with the strategies.

What worked for me
What made me go from a bad trader to a consistent profitable trader, was ACTUALLY using a strategy. Not only trading based on a vague strategy.

NOW - How the heck should I form a reliable strategy that works?
I opened up a Google Sheet and started writing formulas to estimate my earnings and losses from trading, based on different win rate, starting balance, leverage etc. It helped me a lot but it was so tedious to change the strategy in Google Sheets

I had enough. So I started to Google if there was a better way to do this. I found nothing. The only thing I found was a Forex Profit Calculator, but I wanted one for crypto.

It is good to know you went in depth while playing this game. Trading should be studied both from other and for your own steps. We must recollect what is wrong with our trades if we are loosing on the continuous basis. There is always time we should follow others if we are making too much mistakes in the trading.

Winrate.io was my game changer
[...]

Yes, a tool is always needed to help our abilities and track the movement of our trades. I guess everyone must follow their own brands. This one might have helped OP but may not work for me in the best possible scenario. So choosing a portfolio manager is also great art and perhaps a suitability is also needed for the same.
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2020, 09:36:49 AM

"You need a strategy"
(....)
Opening a trade position is just building a house, you need to plan, you have this blueprint for what will be the house looks like. You need to build the foundation of the house and make sure it will last longer with good equipment.
It is the same with trading, you gonna need to plan ahead, like the target price, or stop-loss. That's why technical analysis is really important when you do trading.

Without technical analysis we are like blind on seeing some possibilities and we are just guessing on the outcome on our trades which is dangerous to us and can lead to lossing our capitals that's why we need to have a certain plan so that we can react on how the market goes in a short while. Market is mysterious so we should have discipline to apply what we learn and not to be greedy about to gain more from it since this will cost a lot from us if we do some mistakes on our trades.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Yamifoud

Activity: 2744
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 12:12:25 PM

A good thing to hear it mate (winrate.io). How I wish that I could have such talent so I can also make my own. However, I also realize that it was not really important in trading, what I think is that we need to patiently work on our trade in order to succeed and I am not sure as well if that your recommended site and strategy will work on me, less possible that it ends like the way it gives to you.

These things I think that is very important.
PLAN
STRATEGY
EXECUTION
CONSISTENCY

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 02:52:26 PM
Merited by wiss19 (3)

Always staying in green should be the goal of every trader, however try to realize that red is not always the enemy, you just have to befriend the red as well as green because no matter who you are, there are times you make a loss. You think Warren Buffet never made a bad decision in his entire career? Dude has been trading for over 70 years now, that is a significant amount of time and he did made a ton of mistakes along the way, why is he so great then? Because his right moves far more than his wrong moves.

This is why I would like to say that have as much green trades as you can, but if you ever have few red ones do not be worried because that is in the nature of trading world and you will make some loss in the end even if you like it or not.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: