Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:56:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hand sanitisers in food stores  (Read 150 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2020, 09:38:34 AM

I popped into a Morrisons supermarket this morning, and I'm concerned that they have hand sanitisers everywhere. These sanitisers are designed to kill bacteria - both beneficial and health threatening, but I don't want to enter into a discussion about the stupidity of using them to reduce the body defences. What I am concerned with is their positioning by the food displays, and the fact that the sanitisers are probably enzyme destroyers, and therefore they may be disrupting the digestive system. I'm not too bother with natural germs and bacteria, but I am concerned about the use of these chemicals to disrupt the natural functions of the body.

The net result of my observation was that I refused to buy any food there, and I went to a safer supermarket for my purchases.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 05:30:22 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2020, 05:45:10 AM by franky1

i know you like to buy fish and leave them on your kitchen table overnight to rot... but now your telling me that you buy fresh veg but dont even bother to wash/rinse them when you get home

even before the 'sanatiser' thing. dont you realise how many unclean hands touched the vegetables that day
ever wondered how many guys scratched their scrotum that morning and then went shopping for vegetables and were putting their hands on the veg to find the ones they wanted.
ever wondered how many shop workers that only get a 10minute break dont wash their hands after they pee because they dont have time to walk to toilet, pee, wash hands, walk back to the warehouse to then pick veg for the display
ever wonder how many polish field crop pickers are given proper tools or just told to pick the veg by hand from the fields
ever wonder about the fertiliser/pesticides put on the veg as it grows

are you that naive about personal hygiene

its like you are on a crusade to actually infect yourself with every bacteria/virus/fungus .

its like you want to make yourself sick and then try blaming it on government

sorry but your actions of avoiding common sense things of reducing your risk. just makes you look more stupid

im guessing your 'nomad' caravan lifestyle means you dont take a daily shower either..

maybe sort out your own hygiene routine first then you will realise how much of your own life choices are putting you more at risk
maybe then you will learn to atleast rinse your veg when you get home.
and stop blaming retailers for the reason you get stomach aches so often

here is some good advice. instead of crying about stuff.. sort out your personal hygiene.
wash the veg when you get home atleast
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 04:10:47 AM
Merited by Quickseller (3)

I popped into a Morrisons supermarket this morning, and I'm concerned that they have hand sanitisers everywhere. These sanitisers are designed to kill bacteria - both beneficial and health threatening, but I don't want to enter into a discussion about the stupidity of using them to reduce the body defences. What I am concerned with is their positioning by the food displays, and the fact that the sanitisers are probably enzyme destroyers, and therefore they may be disrupting the digestive system. I'm not too bother with natural germs and bacteria, but I am concerned about the use of these chemicals to disrupt the natural functions of the body.

The net result of my observation was that I refused to buy any food there, and I went to a safer supermarket for my purchases.

Hand sanitizer contains alcohol, water, glycerin, and oil.

If you are afraid of something, learning more about it gives you more control and less reason to be afraid. Knowledge is the key to overcoming your fear.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2020, 09:26:23 AM

I don't want that on my food, so what more do I need to know?
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
December 24, 2020, 10:44:53 PM

I don't want that on my food, so what more do I need to know?

Well, then you are in trouble because all of those ingredients are already in your food.
sportclub2010

Activity: 1582
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 02:45:33 PM

I was in a suburban shop where they sold food and household goods and chemicals at the same time. Food and even fresh baked goods lay next to the washing powder. This is really wrong. And in the supermarket there are different departments and chemistry is not near the groceries.
In your case, it was not a very good supermarket. I wouldn't buy anything there either.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2021, 03:04:42 PM

I'm not going to enter into a big discussion here... I respect Jet Cash in most of the opinions he has voiced in this forum over the years, but i can't disagree more on the opinions about corona-related subjects (wearing masks, vaccinations, hand sanitisers,...). I usually keep my mouth shut because these things have very little (or nothing) to do with BTC, but from time to time i can't help myself. Believe it or not, but i do have a masters in science and i did have to study things like bacteriology, virology, statistics, biochemistry,.... so believe it or not, i know more about this stuff than somebody who just gets their info from facebook-groups (not saying this is the case with Jet Cash... But just generally speaking).

My (now retired) mother used to be an operation room nurse for over 40 years, what do you think they use to sanitize their hands? Why do you think the medical professionals have relied on the exact same type of alcojels for decades? It's because using these sanitizers gives less infections for their patients compared to using water and soap and they ar'e better for your skin compared to using iodine, pure alcohol, peroxide, chlorine,...

Doctors and nurses have been putting this stuff on their hands dozens of times a day for years... I wouldn't want to be touched by a docter that didn't disinfect his/her hands after treating the previous patient.

I'm not saying you should drink this stuff, or inject it, or smear it over your food directly before eating it... But it has been around long enough to allow us to say that using this stuff is both effective and safe.

I live next to a big fruit-tree farmer. I know how much pesticides these guys spray over the fruit you buy in the store... I never ever eat unpeeled fruits (unless they come from my own trees), if there's something that cannot be peeled it gets washed toroughly... I wouldn't worry about somebody that used hand sanitiser that might have touched my food... I'm worried about the people that didn't use sanitiser, i'm worried about the pesticides, i'm worried about microplastics... Eating unwashed foods has very little to do with training your immune system, but has everything to do with consuming pesticides and non-natural chemicals... It won't make you stronger, but it might decrease your expected lifespan.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2021, 01:38:03 PM

I'm not opposed to hand washing, and I wash my hands after using the 'loo. The cuttent stupidity of many people is that they will use the hand saniters stations,but don't wash after they have exercised their bodily functions. Washing to trmove pesticides, germs, harmful bacteria and other toxins is sensible, and that includes the stuff spread by the unhygienic.

My point is that the human body has a wide variety of defence mechanisms, and the skin is one important component. The skin also has the ability to build virus killing products, and these are destroyed by the  hand sanitisers. The active components in the sanitisers probably evaporate, and leave the skin unprotected until it can rebuild its defence mechanism.
Porfirii
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 2076

The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>SPA

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 10:58:00 AM

It is said that "the dose makes the poison".

I have never studied microbiology nor anything related, but my two cents is that even if these gels disrupted natural functions of the body, the very little traces that might be ingested would be harmless. As odolvlobo said, they cointain alcohol, water, glycerin, and oil, not polonium Undecided

It is said that excessive use is harmful, and also the exposure of the skin to sunlight after using these gels. But I don't really think it is a big issue having sanitisers in food stores and using them wisely; in fact, I prefer having them at hand during this pandemic.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: