Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:06:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to improve GTX 1080ti hashrate and efficiency?  (Read 277 times)
socks435 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 12:48:54 AM

Hi guys, I just want to run again my old rig with GTX 1080ti the problem is I forgot what software do I need to improve the hashrate.
Can you share this software I forgot the name of the software where you can improve the hashrate and power efficiency of this GPU. I hope someone still remember this software.

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Squall Line

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 04:37:01 AM

You are thinking of the ethlargment pill. It's generally not needed any more as Phoenix miner/ claymore*/ T-rex and others have memory tweaks/ timing built in via command line. It is -straps for Phoenix and --mt for T-rex. Take a look at the readme files for the miners. I am getting 45 MH @ 165 watts with 120 OC and -1000 (linux, -500 win). I could get higher with more power but that seems like a good balance for watts to MH. Claymore isn't supported anymore by the dev so I wouldn't recommend it.
mak013

Activity: 2380
Merit: 756

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 06:50:12 AM

Hi guys, I just want to run again my old rig with GTX 1080ti the problem is I forgot what software do I need to improve the hashrate.
Can you share this software I forgot the name of the software where you can improve the hashrate and power efficiency of this GPU. I hope someone still remember this software.

ETHthlargment pill
What OS do you mine? At HiveOS then you are creating flight sheet - there is a button to power on this pill. At win - you need to edit bat file.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
socks435 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 06:30:54 PM

You are thinking of the ethlargment pill. It's generally not needed any more as Phoenix miner/ claymore*/ T-rex and others have memory tweaks/ timing built in via command line. It is -straps for Phoenix and --mt for T-rex. Take a look at the readme files for the miners. I am getting 45 MH @ 165 watts with 120 OC and -1000 (linux, -500 win). I could get higher with more power but that seems like a good balance for watts to MH. Claymore isn't supported anymore by the dev so I wouldn't recommend it.

I stop mining actually for very long time due to Electricity rate so I don't have idea about straps. But I heard there are still some people use ethlargementpill and I remember that latest driver would not work the last time that I mine but downgrading the driver will work.

ETHthlargment pill
What OS do you mine? At HiveOS then you are creating flight sheet - there is a button to power on this pill. At win - you need to edit bat file.

Planning to use the Windows OS again since this is what I use when I start mining before.

Did you get around 50mh/s on HiveOS?

rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1313

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2020, 01:50:49 AM

I just need to add something
Be careful to download any kind of program to improve hashrate

In the past I used Eth Enlargement pill too, but the official github of OhGodAGirl is off, and there are A LOT OF SCAMS trying to make you download a new enlargement pill, don't download any kind of program, it's not necessary anymore, and it's malware, every week some users try to post here, but it's malware ok

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
mak013

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 06:42:54 AM

ETHthlargment pill

Planning to use the Windows OS again since this is what I use when I start mining before.

Did you get around 50mh/s on HiveOS?

It depends on powerlimit you choose. Right now i`m getting about 46-48MH but power consumption is about 200-210Wt per GPU. But my GPUs is more then 3 year in use and their overclock isnt optimal.

PS. Last 2-3 days see that hashrate slowly moves down. About 0.2-0.3 Mh per day.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
Wingsbtc

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 07:17:28 AM

I think you are referring to the ETHlargement Pill, this bad boy tweaks gtx1080ti up to over 50MH+ mining Ethereum or other Ethash Algorithm coins, it works for gtx1080 editions too, you can find some tutorial videos on youtube, make sure you follow the instructions carefully

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
socks435 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 07:57:58 AM

It depends on powerlimit you choose. Right now i`m getting about 46-48MH but power consumption is about 200-210Wt per GPU. But my GPUs is more then 3 year in use and their overclock isnt optimal.

PS. Last 2-3 days see that hashrate slowly moves down. About 0.2-0.3 Mh per day.
Are you sure that you get 200watts with that hashrate?

It's seems a bit different when I mine before with ETHenlargement pill. I used that tool for a long time ago without drop in hashrate around 51mh/s stable with 180watts.

Is the hashrate that you get is from HiveOS?

mak013

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 09:31:20 AM

Are you sure that you get 200watts with that hashrate?

It's seems a bit different when I mine before with ETHenlargement pill. I used that tool for a long time ago without drop in hashrate around 51mh/s stable with 180watts.

Is the hashrate that you get is from HiveOS?
Yes, I`m sure. The hashrate goes down. It doesnt matter Windows or HiveOS. And you have to raise power consumption to get the same hashrate. In 2017-18 my GPUs mined ETH about 50-52MH. This is all NVIDIA GPUs trouble with ETH.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
socks435 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 09:55:06 AM

Yes, I`m sure. The hashrate goes down. It doesnt matter Windows or HiveOS. And you have to raise power consumption to get the same hashrate. In 2017-18 my GPUs mined ETH about 50-52MH. This is all NVIDIA GPUs trouble with ETH.

Ok,

What do you think on the first response that eth pill doesn't need because of -straps?
Do you think we don't need to run the pill instead play with -straps to get the hashrate with power efficiency as what he said?

If he can get 45mh/s with 165watts it's pretty good compared to "46-48MH power consumption is about 200-210Wt per GPU"

What do you think?

Well, I'm starting to rebuild the rig and installing HiveOS with USB flash drive.

mak013

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 12:02:41 PM

Ok,

What do you think on the first response that eth pill doesn't need because of -straps?
Do you think we don't need to run the pill instead play with -straps to get the hashrate with power efficiency as what he said?

If he can get 45mh/s with 165watts it's pretty good compared to "46-48MH power consumption is about 200-210Wt per GPU"

What do you think?

Well, I'm starting to rebuild the rig and installing HiveOS with USB flash drive.
I havent used straps and cant say anything about it for sure. I can say just my opinion - try to use straps, then try pill without straps. After that choose the best of them