Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:07:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a very special market service provider  (Read 94 times)
cryptonial (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 03:56:47 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2020, 04:21:38 AM by cryptonial

Let's say I have some insider information about a coin that is listed but has almost zero daily volume.

I want to accumulate as much as possible but of course it makes no sense to waste tons of money by just buying the whole order book.

Similar placing an order does not make any sense either because there is almost no market volume.

Does anyone know if there is a service or someone that can help me buy as much as possible at a price as low as possible in this special situation?
Or does anyone know of a good strategy?
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 03:59:49 AM

Have you tried contacting the development team to see if they can point to u to the best place for buying the coins?

I've heard the ones running good and innovative projects that actually fill a gap are normally pretty friendly as they're trying to sell their service so their initial holdings go up. Or you could try looking into mining it instead.
cryptonial (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 04:05:38 AM

Thanks, I'd say that is usually a good advice. However I want to be as stealth as possible in accumulating, so I rather try avoiding to contact anyone official. And I assume they would point me to an exchange anyway, since the coin is already listed for years.
mediaBuzz

Activity: 379
Merit: 168

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 06:22:56 AM

You do not want to buy on the exchange because you do not want to empty the order book. And you also don't want to do it through an official contact.

What exactly you mean by Does anyone know if there is a service or someone that can help me?

Not having a good daily volume does not mean that some third party service or hacker can access their back and transfer tokens to you without their notice. If you are confident about their future, why not just contact them directly and buy a bag of their tokens by becoming an early "investor" or "partner". I'm sure if the project is still young and not doing fine even though they are officially listed on a good exchange, they will consider such offer.

arwin100

Activity: 2744
Merit: 810

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2020, 08:04:49 AM

Thanks, I'd say that is usually a good advice. However I want to be as stealth as possible in accumulating, so I rather try avoiding to contact anyone official. And I assume they would point me to an exchange anyway, since the coin is already listed for years.

Well why not create a thread and state your intention about buying some particular coin which you think beneficial to you since I think this is the only way to buy without touching anything on orderbook. And maybe there are hodler out there will sell off their coins since as you said it have a zero daily volume and it's somehow a good exit for bag holders if you buy those coin from them.

GrosWesh
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1440

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 08:14:33 PM

Well why not create a thread and state your intention about buying some particular coin which you think beneficial to you since I think this is the only way to buy without touching anything on orderbook. And maybe there are hodler out there will sell off their coins since as you said it have a zero daily volume and it's somehow a good exit for bag holders if you buy those coin from them.

I think these hodlers will say to themselves: mmmhh he wants to buy a max ? so he knows something ... so something is going to happen ... so I'm not selling Smiley
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 03:36:48 AM

I think these hodlers will say to themselves: mmmhh he wants to buy a max ? so he knows something ... so something is going to happen ... so I'm not selling Smiley

Yeah it's probably also unlikely a large holder of the coin will even notice them too... And if they do you run the risk of accidentally pumping the coin too and making it more expensive for yourself by making a public listing.

I don't think there's another solution though unless you can track the owners of addresses on a block explorer and deanonymise them to send them a pm/email but that seems intrusive...
cryptonial (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 09:33:25 PM

You do not want to buy on the exchange because you do not want to empty the order book.
Of course I can use an exchange. But then I need to somehow encourage people to sell it. Maybe there is a service or someone that can help with that.

I don't want to spoil it because then I have to pay a much higher price. If I just buy the whole orderbook then I have to buy at an much higher price compared to now.

Exactly!

I don't think there's another solution though unless you can track the owners of addresses on a block explorer and deanonymise them to send them a pm/email but that seems intrusive...
Maybe someone can carefully stimulate the market without pumping the price. Not sure if there is even someone with such skills...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: