Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:13:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Exchange] SwapHole.com - Trailing Stop - 2FA - Live Cryptsy Trades Graph  (Read 14079 times)
PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 03:32:56 AM

Is swaphole down currently?
Little circle in top right spins but that is it for me.
I do like the site though!

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
wzttide (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:37:42 AM

Is swaphole down currently?
Little circle in top right spins but that is it for me.
I do like the site though!

Works like a charm for me. If this issue continues, please write us an email to support@swaphole.com with your location (country, city) and IP address so we can have a look at possible routing issues or false-ip-blocks, thanks!
wzttide (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:50:09 AM

SwapHole updated: Latest tweets on "overview" and "Dashboard" & Markets on coin panels to enter them quickly

Check it out and tell us what you think & follow https://twitter.com/SwapHole to stay tuned!
golikcoin
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 12:33:13 PM

can you check the API value

Code:
0E-20
0E-10

and set max 8 decimal?   Roll Eyes

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
wzttide (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:08:21 PM

can you check the API value

Code:
0E-20
0E-10

and set max 8 decimal?   Roll Eyes

Theoretically it is possible that a coin get's developed with way more than 8 decimals. So we won't change that.
wzttide (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:53:21 PM

SwapHole updated: Two Factor Authentication available. Enable it now!

And make sure you follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/SwapHole
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 01:45:49 PM

I added this on the BC thread:

You might be interested in knowing that https://www.swaphole.com/ has a BC market
Advantage: STOP LOSS! And trailing stop (even better than stop loss) is possible to
Disadvantages:
  - stop loss/trailing stop is requires ten times more expensive fees - but I believe the added security is worth it
  - you have to find out the best acceptable percentage of loss (I'd start with 10%, but in case of a flash dump-pump, you could lose momentum and have to buy back at a slightly higher price, hence losing BC)
  - no traffic whatsoever on the BC market atm
  - new exchange, they are registered in Australia and say they worked in real life trading before but out of that, they could be the next cryptorush
  - no permalink like https://cryptrader.com/charts/mintpal/bc/btc or https://www.mintpal.com/market/BC/BTC

I opened up an account but did not deposit any money yet.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
wzttide (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:30:21 AM

@David Latapie, thank you! It's hard to get an exchange running, even if you know you make a lot of things right Smiley

Update: Performance improvements on "Overview" and index details page

Also other features like giveaways added, follow us on https://twitter.com/SwapHole to keep track!

HTMLCOIN giveaway currently in progress: Login (or register) -> Click on "Giveaways" -> Click on "Claim coins" -> Done! You can withdraw immediately if you want to.
Thanks to http://www.htmlcoin.com/
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 01:58:22 PM

You are welcome wzttide Smiley

Since there is still no BC traffic at all on swaphole, I decided to move some of my BC over your exchange - the very first ones Smiley

Plus, I have a question and request for you.
First the question: since you are experienced in trading, what would you suggest as a percentage for trailing stop? 10%, more, less? Or is it too difficult to give even a generic rule?
My current feeling is: if you can look at the screen every 30 minutes, chose a small percentage (like 10%). If you cannot, take a higher percentage, like 20 or 30%. Rationale: smaller percentage lead to premature sales so it is necessary to be able to buy back soon. Larger percentages won't optimize your gain (you won't gain money on small price lowerings) but will still protect you from dumps.

Second, my request: your frontend needs a major overhaul! Hire a webdesigner. Current appearance acts as a repellent. I stopped counting the number of people who hate cryptsy's apperance and love Mintpal's (despite mintpal have much room to grow in this departement)
A more engaging website will help you tremendously. This is not only about graphics, though: it also is about permalink. There is no permaling (let alone meaningful permalinks) to access the BC market, for instance.

These are my two cents and a half Smiley

Edit: pop-up helps on the stop rate (sell order, limit) would help understanding what it does.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
wzttide (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 08:03:09 PM

Since there is still no BC traffic at all on swaphole, I decided to move some of my BC over your exchange - the very first ones Smiley
I'm more than happy to hear that Smiley

Plus, I have a question and request for you.
First the question: since you are experienced in trading, what would you suggest as a percentage for trailing stop? 10%, more, less? Or is it too difficult to give even a generic rule?
My current feeling is: if you can look at the screen every 30 minutes, chose a small percentage (like 10%). If you cannot, take a higher percentage, like 20 or 30%. Rationale: smaller percentage lead to premature sales so it is necessary to be able to buy back soon. Larger percentages won't optimize your gain (you won't gain money on small price lowerings) but will still protect you from dumps.
This is a very delicate topic, on the one side you don't want to get out when it's still rising (or falling), on the other hand you want to minimize your losses - so you already know that because you wrote it Smiley

It is difficult to find (if this is even possible) the right percentage or fixed value on the crypto currency markets, because they are extremely volatile, which makes them outstanding interesting, but rather difficult to deal with and on them. To be honest I don't have the guts to give you any advice about this.

Second, my request: your frontend needs a major overhaul! Hire a webdesigner. Current appearance acts as a repellent. I stopped counting the number of people who hate cryptsy's apperance and love Mintpal's (despite mintpal have much room to grow in this departement)
A more engaging website will help you tremendously. This is not only about graphics, though: it also is about permalink. There is no permaling (let alone meaningful permalinks) to access the BC market, for instance.
We are in the middle of major design changes. But this changes take time, I don't want to rush things to be the "first", in most cases this leads to difficult manageable issues and I don't like issues at all.

These are my two cents and a half Smiley
I'm more than happy about any constructive criticism!

Edit: pop-up helps on the stop rate (sell order, limit) would help understanding what it does.
We already working on that - but it's difficult to make an UI easy to use and easy to understand and give the user all possible information he/she wants. Building up the next coin exchange which looks exactly like the dozen others (chart, buy, sell, orders, trades) is not what we want to accomplish. This is a challenge we want to master.

Personally don't like the new design and the tweets on the startpage on the top of the page make me feel the website is about tweets and not an exchange.
This is a major problem, I hope we can provide you with a better solution after the redesign.

I have markets more than 1 time in my account.
Known bug, doesn't harm, but I know it bothers users.
coinjohn

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:41:41 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2014, 02:15:58 PM by coinjohn

Hi i am new to your website and i am already having issues, i sent you an email at your support email about being unable to cancel an order for Asiacoin, this is the first time i encounter such a problem and i trade in almost all of the exchanges, i don't see why an order cannot be cancelled by the same user that has made the order.
Currently i am at a loss because of this problem and i haven't recieved an answer or the ability to cancel the order in more than 2 hours. Please reply otherwise i will have to consider this as a warning for any further trading at your exchange

---

Rapid response, helpful and comprehensive.
Thank you for the assistance and follow up.
I still wish you could make a guide for dummies for how to understand and use the sell and buy limit orders with all those options combined, a video with examples would probably be the best and easiest way to do it.
wzttide (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:35:58 PM

Hi i am new to your website and i am already having issues, i sent you an email at your support email about being unable to cancel an order for Asiacoin, this is the first time i encounter such a problem and i trade in almost all of the exchanges, i don't see why an order cannot be cancelled by the same user that has made the order.
Currently i am at a loss because of this problem and i haven't recieved an answer or the ability to cancel the order in more than 2 hours. Please reply otherwise i will have to consider this as a warning for any further trading at your exchange

I hope you understand that our support needs time to answer and cannot reply everytime within minutes. We are humans as well Wink

Your issue is resolved.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 01:18:21 PM

Which percentage would you place on the trailing stop? 10%, more, less?

majorminers

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:25:28 PM

In the tradition of the stock market 10% make sense. Get out because the trend went against you. If you use a 10% stop loss you can lose on two out three trades and still make money as long as you get a decent gain on the third.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 01:28:44 PM

In the tradition of the stock market 10% make sense. Get out because the trend went against you. If you use a 10% stop loss you can lose on two out three trades and still make money as long as you get a decent gain on the third.
Thanks. I was thinking of using a trailing stop instead, not a "regular" stop loss order.

But I have a hard time understanding how the window works

"Amount" is simple
"Limit (BTC)", I guess it means selling at a treshold price. If this price is reache, the it sells (take profit). If check the "stop" box, the "take profit" becomes a "stop loss", right, and if I enter something on the "Stop rate", then it becomes a trailing stop.
Problem is, all these entries are mandatory, so I don't understand how to make it.

Could someone post an example filled screenshot with comments?

majorminers

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:31:26 PM

A trailing stop is much better IMHO - but I've never used the interface so I can't comment. I admit Swaphole got my attention with that feature. I wouldn't hold many altcoins without a stop loss. The price reversal is so dramatic and comes like a thief in the night  Grin

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 01:34:24 PM

A trailing stop is much better IMHO - but I've never used the interface so I can't comment. I admit Swaphole got my attention with that feature. I wouldn't hold many altcoins without a stop loss. The price reversal is so dramatic and comes like a thief in the night  Grin
I completely agree. That is why I am considering moving my money from mintpal to swaphole, once I understand trailing stop. Being added on cryptrader would be a big plus, I will contact Brad from cryptrader.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 02:45:26 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 06:39:16 PM by David Latapie

You might be interested in reading my newest article:
http://david.latapie.name/blog/investment-strategy-10-200-and-trailing-stop/

(a bit outdated version is also available on bitcointalk)

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 03:25:14 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2014, 08:39:59 AM by David Latapie

Feature requests
(I will try to update it)

UX considerations
  • Nicer design - think cryptrader or at least mintpal for the chart and kraken for the general layout - update: on the way
  • Ability to move the tabs, like in any internet browser
  • Make "locked balance" and "insufficient funds" more explicit
  • Make order easier to understand (trailing stop particularly
  • Weighted average like at kraken.
  • On the deposit/withdrawal window, clicking on the Current balance selects the whole of it in Amount (like at Mintpal).
  • When the  "not enough funds!" message appears, add a second line: "maybe you forgot to unlock XXX %currency%?". I believe that would help people and reduce the amount of mail you'd receive.
New features
  • Combined orders, especially "buy+sell" (as soon as bought at X, immediately sell at X+Y%, useful when expecting a pump) sell+buy (the opposite, useful when expecting a dump) and "Trailing stop or take profit, whichever comes first" (useful for the 10/200 rule).
  • Estimated total in BTC (like mintpal, cryptsy, kraken...).
  • Possibility to edit an order, instead of deleting it and recreate it.
  • For withraw option, clicking the amount should be default select the whole amount (like in Mintpal). Right now, one has to enter it manually or to copy-and-paste it.
  • Possibility to buy "for x BTC worth of given_crypto" like at kraken.
  • Withdrawal should not be processed once or twice per day. Please automate this
  • Permalink for markets, preferably à la Mintpal (that is, meaningful permalinks, not like Cryptsy).
Plus, I'd be interested in getting a history of the daily volume. I understand that the exchange might not want to show this if the volume is not rising but even in that case, this added transparency would speak high of the exchange. I don't put in the list because this is not something I expect from the exchange itself - although as I said it would better.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 02:30:29 PM

Added "Weighted average like at kraken."

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: