Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:42:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will we ever get another 7th Jan 2018 Alt Season?  (Read 1212 times)
very_452001 (OP)

Activity: 1056
Merit: 270

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 11:52:40 AM

This is the date when Alts were at their peak with bitcoin dominance being pushed down to all time low 35%.

This was also the date when its a day before when bitcoin bubble popped from the Dec 2017 $20k all time high to losing 75% of its value few weeks later.

Questions are:

- Can we get another similar Alt season bull market when btc is volatility consolidating at new all time highs before the bitcoin bubble gets popped like above? Or is this start of a new bull market for btc where we have to wait till next year or 2022 for another alt season peak when btc is hovering at $100k or whatever new ath it hits?

- Lets take the Benchmark Alt coin Ethereum. The price difference ratio between Eth and Btc is high now like $650 to $23000. In the 2017/18 bull market Eth was $1400 to btc $20k. Are Alts dying and BTC will be king?

- Lastly I remember in 2017/18 Alt season all the Alts were being pumped where people can very rich from this. Will it be a different story for Alts this time coming into this new bull market where only the good fundamentally altcoins will be pumped only and shitcoins this time will stay the same flat dead line?

- Best time to sell Alts when Bitcoin dominance is at its lows? This is the best indicator for selling alts?

Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 12:06:06 PM

I am not expecting same results like 2017 to 2018, I believe things will be different this time, bitcoin already hit 20k few weeks back and it's dominance is at 65% still, altcoins only shows little uptrend and nothing more, the highest I've seen among the top altcoins is 30% but now that Bitcoin is over 22k I'm guessing it's time for altcoins season

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
btc_angela

Activity: 2646
Merit: 549

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 12:36:11 PM

Well in 2018, bitcoin started to decline from it's peak in December 2017. So I have speculated that investors have move to Altcoins market that time that's why Ethereum made it's all time high around Jan-Feb if I'm not mistaken.

However, around March-May, many projects have started to sell their Ethereum because they needed money to continue, and that is the start of the bear market, the whole crypto space suddenly bleeds. But I don't know if we can repeat that 2017, I mean the market is very different now, investors mature and those irrational buyers have been REKT.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Coyster
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1270

Life's but a walking shadow!

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 12:41:46 PM

- Can we get another similar Alt season bull market when btc is volatility consolidating at new all time highs before the bitcoin bubble gets popped like above? Or is this start of a new bull market for btc where we have to wait till next year or 2022 for another alt season peak when btc is hovering at $100k or whatever new ath it hits?
We could and as well may not, that's why everything in crypto is somewhat speculative, what I'm sure is we're going to have a different pattern from that of the last Btc ATH, quite a lot of things have changed in the network, mostly positively; the altcoin market may see some good spike as Bitcoin continues to grow higher, but we cannot predict the exact timing that all this will happen.
Are Alts dying and BTC will be king?
Well, not all of them, there are still good altcoins like ethereum, it may be far of from Bitcoin, but it has also had its own share of spikes this year, and it's going to continue, there are other altcoins like that as well, though many alts are going to wither with time and due to lack of demand, but generally alts aren't 'dead'.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
larus

Activity: 236
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 12:45:53 PM

Do you want to see mad bull run? Take a look at the exchanges, btc is 22k, we already see it. Forgot about shitcoins, some alts are growing and this is already good
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1039

Not your keys, not your coins!

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 12:48:28 PM

To see alt season like the season in January 2018, bitcoin need to cool down and remains its price a little stable. Above $20,000. When people see no risk of bubble, they will spend out their capital to buy altcoins and when whales finish their games with bitcoin, they will switch to alternative cryptocurrency.

In 2018, the alt-season happened one month after the all time high of bitcoin.

So it is the time for us to enjoy a all time high day of bitcoin and think of future plans (with bitcoin, with altcoins, or with real life things). Each person will have different need and plans.
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 01:17:21 PM

This is the date when Alts were at their peak with bitcoin dominance being pushed down to all time low 35%.

This was also the date when its a day before when bitcoin bubble popped from the Dec 2017 $20k all time high to losing 75% of its value few weeks later.

But not the date alts started to moon, i mean back in 2017 by now alts already mooning because i could remember telling a friend what alts to buy during the 2017 December, it was a great period for alts till early 2018, Damn! it was a time to remember to be honest, i could remember my favorite app was blockfolio because of the way my portfolio was increasing with the few alts i hold,
unfortunately, this time it seems alts are being excluded from the fun.
bekti3

Activity: 1078
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 02:09:42 PM

- Lets take the Benchmark Alt coin Ethereum. The price difference ratio between Eth and Btc is high now like $650 to $23000. In the 2017/18 bull market Eth was $1400 to btc $20k. Are Alts dying and BTC will be king?

- Lastly I remember in 2017/18 Alt season all the Alts were being pumped where people can very rich from this. Will it be a different story for Alts this time coming into this new bull market where only the good fundamentally altcoins will be pumped only and shitcoins this time will stay the same flat dead line?

- Best time to sell Alts when Bitcoin dominance is at its lows? This is the best indicator for selling alts?

Alt season this time is very difficult to predict, given the number of altcoins that are newcomers breaking all the hype in the market. Of course we are here besides watching bitcoin, ethereum also needs attention, this is not as complete as 2017. As for altcoins we hope to do the same, so that small investors and beginners who are able to invest in altcoin are given the opportunity to get their valuable opportunities at the end of the year or in 2021.

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 02:13:58 PM

The time that alt season raise was the time that Bitcoin fall right? well we are not quite sure so far maybe before the crash of the Bitcoin? But so far the Bitcoin price is still going up let's just hope that the price will stay above $20k mark point.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
TofuDefi

Activity: 156
Merit: 4

Trade and stake Ethereum assets on TRON

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2020, 02:21:27 PM

Of course we will.

Right now BTC rises because institutional money get in. Why? Because they are afraid of too much printing from governments. But sooner or later they will look for other crypto assets to put money in because bitcoin will become overvalued.

TofuDefi.com - trade and stake Ethereum assets on TRON
BIN-BIN

Activity: 504
Merit: 57

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 02:26:03 PM

Take a close look at the market you will see bitcoin and ethereum gaining momentum in the market despite the fact that ETH is not increasing rapidly as bitcoin but the ethereum market is doing greatly at the moment and I believe in no time it will break it 2018 all time high.

The altcoin market is beginning to have a bounce back and recovery slowly, it may not be bullish just as 2017 bull run but there are indications that shows the market recovering.
Koutami

Activity: 155
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 03:16:31 PM

Of course we will.

Right now BTC rises because institutional money get in. Why? Because they are afraid of too much printing from governments. But sooner or later they will look for other crypto assets to put money in because bitcoin will become overvalued.

Yea thats possible, but how about they do cashout instead to invest on another crypto? I hope altcoin strong enough to attract investor avoid cashout from Crypto.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Ken_terrance

Activity: 574
Merit: 18

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 03:26:13 PM

I can only think of whales cashing out of Bitcoin and reinvesting back into altcoin and also bitcoin dominance is very high right now, it's not altcoin season yet or there will be no altcoin season if Bitcoin dominance isn't coming down, let's hope that things works out for altcoins this year or next

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬   Prasaga   │   Making Smart Money Work   ▬  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tech WP  /  Commercial WP  //  Twitter  /  Facebook  /  Discord  /  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Bitbuffalo

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 03:47:24 PM

Questions are:

Of course we will see new all time highs and some decent shitcoins coming out now, I am looking at etfx.finance and resonate.finance for a nice swing trade! Any ideas?
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 03:51:06 PM

Of course we will.

Yea thats possible, but how about they do cashout instead to invest on another crypto? I hope altcoin strong enough to attract investor avoid cashout from Crypto.

They can use stable coins if they want to convert it to much secured altcoin. Altcoin is much volatile compare to BTC so I don't think they will choose it as alternative option for cashing out ,and another reason they denied that is because they are also affected in Bitcoin price so if Bitcoin decrease it's value altcoin do the same.  So not a good suggestionbto give to them if ever they want to cash out .
bakasabo
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1195

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 03:53:08 PM

I dont think that it is impossible to have same Alt Season as it was in 2018. The popularity and success of it was all thanks to innovative ICO's. Everyone wanted to invest in nothing and get easy money. Now such "nothing" wont even raise $10,000. Now you can raise softcap by showing a powerpoint presentation to investors or have a shiny webpage. People have already burned from scam and dont believe in easy money.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Ryushin

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 04:27:55 PM

It doesn't look like altcoin season will be like that of 2017 but I do hope it will happen, many altcoins have bring losses to many portfolio this year, the only way to recover fast is through altcoin season, some altcoins have lost over 90% of their value and they don't look like they will recover, all we can do is wait and watch

bittreo
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 04:45:24 PM

I don't think that it will happen and I lost hopes as well. Those were early days of ICOs and a team of shady developers and marketers used to sell ideas for money. They raised them and flew away. In order to repeat the same altcoin bull run like we saw in 2018, we need altcoin buyers. Why would a newbie invest in something unfamiliar and not in bitcoins despite the fact that bitcoin has dragged them here in the first place? Huge returns? Altcoins are almost dead in promising good returns. So, if money is not going in, alt season won't be there.
zonefloor

Activity: 1876
Merit: 524

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 04:48:37 PM

The rises in the 2017-2018 season will not happen in this bull. Because there were not many altcoins at that time. But there are many altcoins available during this period. Also, I do not expect much growth in older tokens types. But I expect a nice rise in the types of altcoins that came out during this period.
very_452001 (OP)

Activity: 1056
Merit: 270

View Profile
December 17, 2020, 11:03:15 PM

What about old established altcoins that came out more than few years ago that are in the top 200 ranking now? Will they recover to ATH's or even 25-50% of their former ATH's?

What about new altcoins released last year and this year, only these will go high in a bull run?

Or is it the safest bet is the top 10 ranking coins only like Ether, Ripple, Litecoin etc?

Bitcoin Cash is doing okay with still maintaining its top 10 ranking, but the chart looks dead. How is it maintaining its ranking with a dead flat chart?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: