Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:12:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: how should the rating system work?
anyone can post 1 review for any listing
users must first create an account, the more reviews they post the more impact their review has on the listing's overall rating
users must provide a key, given by the merchant after check out in order to post a review
all of the above, site owners chooses which method of review they allow
other

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Poll] - vote on the future of thebitcoinreview.com - rating system  (Read 905 times)
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2011, 05:39:13 AM

thebitcoinreview.com is a site which hopes to become the best place to easily find bitcoin businesses and the products they offer.

If you have other suggestions please post below thank you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2011, 05:41:20 AM

Getting a key from the site sounds pretty bad. It still lets the site shill and depending on the service it would still be easy to get keys and post bad reviews. Not to mention be a burden for many sites.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2011, 05:45:30 AM

I voted for the second option. It seems good because if the only review a site has is from a first-timer it's the best there is to go on and should be shown, but if a site has conflicting reviews from a 'pro' reviewer and a first-timer the 'pro' is more likely to be correct. I suppose you'll need to watch for 'pro' shills eventually, but at least you have something of value to take from them, their account.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 05:50:50 AM

These are some very good options Adam. I think all of them are essential for an honest and effective review process though.

The only problem I can see about requiring a code from a site is that you will be limiting yourself to only websites that endorse reviews from your site.

This however, is something we need to work on in the community.

FreeMoney
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2011, 06:29:09 AM

Another thought is that you could have volunteer 'secret shoppers' actively testing things like response time and such.

cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 06:43:35 AM

I think you should turn the thebitcoinreview website into a rebate/review website. The website would only list reviews for BTC businesses participating in its rebate program.

1) Businesses sign up on the website and promise to give customers say a 10% or 20% rebate off their bitcoin purchases whenever they spend at least 100 BTC total in a calender month. Only expenditures at website-affiliated business would count. [maybe you could ask for a 1% rebate for yourself as well]

2) When customers make a purchase, they write a review describing: a) what they bought b) when they bought it c) how much it cost d) how satisfied they are with the purchase. Reviews are necessary to get rebate credit for the purchase.

3) The business confirms details for (a), (b), and (c).

4) When a customer's spending reaches 100 BTC within a calender month, the site sends instructions to all business to issue a rebate to the customer (a bunch of BTC micro-payments).

5) Business send back evidence that they issued the rebate to the site. If the businesses fails to issue the rebate, then they get booted off the website.

Note that the website never handles BTC directly, so that it doesn't require trust.

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2011, 06:50:26 AM

Another thought is that you could have volunteer 'secret shoppers' actively testing things like response time and such.

cool idea

Getting a key from the site sounds pretty bad. It still lets the site shill and depending on the service it would still be easy to get keys and post bad reviews. Not to mention be a burden for many sites.

right only if i can figure out an easy way for the site to add this feature. and more impotent make it impossible for the site owner to take advantage. Not an easy thing to do, but not impossible.

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2011, 06:59:51 AM

I think you should turn the thebitcoinreview website into a rebate/review website. The website would only list reviews for BTC businesses participating in its rebate program.

1) Businesses sign up on the website and promise to give customers say a 10% or 20% rebate off their bitcoin purchases whenever they spend at least 100 BTC total in a calender month. Only expenditures at website-affiliated business would count. [maybe you could ask for a 1% rebate for yourself as well]

2) When customers make a purchase, they write a review describing: a) what they bought b) when they bought it c) how much it cost d) how satisfied they are with the purchase. Reviews are necessary to get rebate credit for the purchase.

3) The business confirms details for (a), (b), and (c).

4) When a customer's spending reaches 100 BTC within a calender month, the site sends instructions to all business to issue a rebate to the customer (a bunch of BTC micro-payments).

5) Business send back evidence that they issued the rebate to the site. If the businesses fails to issue the rebate, then they get booted off the website.

Note that the website never handles BTC directly, so that it doesn't require trust.

i like this idea it promotes writing reviews, and sites that offer rebates would get many reviews & customers.

but i see no reason to only list sites that offer rebates for reviews. sites that offer rebate could be a sub list, and clearly shown with a icon like.

cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 07:14:32 AM

From my perspective, your site looks cluttered. The information to text ratio is low. You should draw visitors' attention to the most appealing things you have to offer. One option is to create a rebate program and make that the focus. In addition, perhaps remove some uninteresting content. For example, consider removing: 1) defunct sites 2) sites with no reviews 3) sites with reviews written by you. Finally, perhaps upgrade the website aesthetics. 

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2011, 07:29:17 AM

From my perspective, your site looks cluttered. The information to text ratio is low. You should draw visitors' attention to the most appealing things you have to offer. One option is to create a rebate program and make that the focus. In addition, perhaps remove some uninteresting content. For example, consider removing: 1) defunct sites 2) sites with no reviews 3) sites with reviews written by you. Finally, perhaps upgrade the website aesthetics. 

dearly noted.

i will be working on the look once finish improving the review system

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: