Bitcoin Forum
September 01, 2024, 05:07:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Copay wallet now Bitpay wallet?  (Read 59 times)
Ken_terrance (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 18

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
December 19, 2020, 02:56:02 PM

Is there any relationship between copay and Bitpay wallet? I've been using copay for some years and I noticed that it's not supported anymore, it's like the team drop any future development on this bitcoin wallet or even abandoned it, any info will be appreciated thanks

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬   Prasaga   │   Making Smart Money Work   ▬  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tech WP  /  Commercial WP  //  Twitter  /  Facebook  /  Discord  /  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
December 19, 2020, 03:45:40 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2020, 04:03:28 PM by bL4nkcode

Is there any relationship between copay and Bitpay wallet?
Yes, AFAIK bitpay backs the development of copay wallet.

I've been using copay for some years and I noticed that it's not supported anymore, it's like the team drop any future development on this bitcoin wallet or even abandoned it, any info will be appreciated thanks
I check their github issue page  which has lots of complains, lost coins and etc. 

I also check the one in playstore but I guess its fake as I
see its different the one listed on cryptoslate directory with less numbers of downloads. I didn't see  any updates from their official source regarding this as well. Though their windows and mac version is updated 15 days ago.

While things aren't good I suggest you to dont update your copay especially if you're using android as there are reports of lost coins.
Or move your funds to better wallet where you can fully control your wallet like electrum (https://electrum.org/#download)
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
December 27, 2020, 04:40:30 PM

I have used copay from 2014 to 2016 and when it became clear that bitpay was taking over I abandoned it. Dismiss both copay/bitpay and look for better alternatives.
If you care about your coins research your best wallet here
https://walletscrutiny.com/
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 3856

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2021, 12:41:24 PM

In general, any wallet that is not updated periodically is dangerous because any bug can occur in it and then lose all your money.
this applied to old version of trusted wallets.

If you care about your coins research your best wallet here
https://walletscrutiny.com/
Where did you get that site? I quickly checked some reviews and they labeled well known wallets like electrum as Not Reproducible.
It is best to ask members of this forum and conduct a decentralized research to make sure before using any wallet.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: