Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:39:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So where is Bitcoin headed to next?..  (Read 688 times)
Bitman_Began (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 06:23:39 AM

..I mean, value-wise, any ideas?? We seem to have made it all the way up to 2.53 on mt.gox but then to have dropped back to about 2.43. Will it fall again by Monday? Or will it spring forth once more and reach 3 Dollars or more?!!

Place your bets here..  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitman_Began (OP)

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 06:28:01 AM

PS would also like to know why does BTC remain so ;narrow' for such long periods of time, if anyone knows??
predic

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 02:40:07 PM

PS would also like to know why does BTC remain so ;narrow' for such long periods of time, if anyone knows??

because privileged beggining owners of BTC have trade market in their hands and they do with BTC what they want. the same as national bank control currency. those who have millions/billions control currency and not those who have several dollars. it is the same with BTC.

debit cards websites are companies registered in London by Lithuanians who demand from you your phone, ID and utility bill, that's enough for them to make offshore companies on your name without your knowledge and they can get a bank account and make financial crimes on your name, or they can simply sell IDs. don't give to anyone too much info.
why they need more than your ID when your local bank demands only ID?
don't use coinbase, they are NSA spying shit, they make database of people that use bitcoins.
Colin M

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 07:03:51 PM

Once you find out then let us all know.

The concept behind bitcoin is seems sound to me. I think the system is going through an identity crisis right now. What exactly is it? A currency? An asset? It has attributes of money; portable (without a doubt), indestructible (some will argue that but not me), Divisible (definitely), easily recognizable, and each is crafted the same way. An asset is anything that is capable of being owned that can be converted into currency e.g. real estate, gold, intellectual property, copyrights, patents, etc.

I see a community trying promote bitcoin as being both. They are engaged in getting bitcoin accepted as a kind of global internet currency while hoping that the value increases creating an asset for themselves.

The problem lies with it being a currency is acceptance. You kinda have to be able to use it. Not just at a few retailers online but at a car dealership and at the mall. The problem with it being an asset is the test of time. Gold has been an asset forever because of rarity and tradition. Try explaining to some Billionaire the advantages of cryptological currency vs. that half ton of gold he has to pay storage fees on and you will see why tradition is significant.

Security is another serious serious issue. If this thing is going to work it cannot be compromised by some 15 year old in Beijing wearing a tupac shirt. A system like this requires the highest integrity.

This isn't meant to start an argument or to get anyone down. I personally have not been this excited over a emerging concept in a long time.

1st post
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: