Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:58:19 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin wallet requires newer version of litecoin core  (Read 87 times)
kaklikos (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 10:18:25 AM

Hello everyone new to forum as you can see. Been watching for a long time but never started a topic. That my first one!

So i have a wallet.dat file from the old days 2013 i think. I copy it in the directory of data LTC and i get this error message. The litecoin core version is 0.16.3. Is there anything i can do to open my wallet?
FaucetKING

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306

C U

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 10:59:56 AM

Well buddy you can visit the website of Litecoin organisation and download the latest core upgrade version.
Then open the folder located at this location:
Code:
%appdata%

then search for the Roaming folder, then look for Litecoin folder and put your wallet.dat file there and overwrite it.
Then open the latest core and wait for the network to sync. You should be fine and your balance will show. Consider looking for a "Blockchain" snapshot if possible, that will sync the network more faster.
kaklikos (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 12:26:35 PM

Thanks for the reply. I already downloaded the latest version of core. As soon i am back at home i will try again with the directories you are posting.
lumierre

Activity: 862
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 08:17:16 PM

Hello everyone new to forum as you can see. Been watching for a long time but never started a topic. That my first one!

So i have a wallet.dat file from the old days 2013 i think. I copy it in the directory of data LTC and i get this error message. The litecoin core version is 0.16.3. Is there anything i can do to open my wallet?

The Litecoin wallet needs to be updated. I know that if it is not updated in time, the old version of the wallet may work with errors. I don't want to sync again after the update. And I have a question, is it possible to do something to use the old wallet base?

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: