Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:04:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Customs Duty on importing miner from china to india?  (Read 8164 times)
anujjain

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 08:56:59 PM

This was a great thread considering that i am actually planning to buy an antminer from china..

I have purchased L3+ any idea how much custom i will have to pay on it?

I also have purchased some scrypt miners from china, no idea how much custom we will need to pay..there are opinions that says we may have to pay upto 30%, but I am not so sure about it.. If I get any info I ll update

Indian custom duty will be 30% of ( product value + Shipping fee). Importer pay even custom duty for shipping fee too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Guvn0r

Activity: 647
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 06:34:36 AM

This was a great thread considering that i am actually planning to buy an antminer from china..

I also have purchased some scrypt miners from china, no idea how much custom we will need to pay..there are opinions that says we may have to pay upto 30%, but I am not so sure about it.. If I get any info I ll update

Indian custom duty will be 30% of ( product value + Shipping fee). Importer pay even custom duty for shipping fee too.

Thank you for confirming ..
hiflyer

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:12:43 PM

Is this the new duty based on GST coz CVD & SAD are gone. on basic custom duty applies . As per the last draft on the Cbec site , Miners should fall in the 10% category.
Akaash

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:45:51 PM

I'm importing miners too but they are from France. (Had to go through a reseller). Any tips?
I have applied for an IEC.
What should the price be put as? For a product actually of 3000$ can I have a value of 1000-1500$(USD) or should it be higher/lesser.
Any advice? Will be happy
Thanks in advance,
Akaash
Guvn0r

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:14:00 AM

I'm importing miners too but they are from France. (Had to go through a reseller). Any tips?
What should the price be put as? For a product actually of 3000$ can I have a value of 1000-1500$(USD) or should it be higher/lesser.
Thanks in advance,
Akaash

I saw a news that after GST have been implemented, GSTIN is used instead of IEC for import and export. Is it true?

Are you sure you need IEC? I was hoping to get away with GSTIN
Akaash

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:03:01 AM

Thanks in advance,
Akaash

I saw a news that after GST have been implemented, GSTIN is used instead of IEC for import and export. Is it true?

I am not sure...!!! I am an individual and I am a student so I don't have a GSTIN... I was looking for tips here... But nobody seems to have replied... Can you update if you find anythjng new?
newinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:01:12 PM

To save customs Duty i have one suggestion for you Ask your seller to ship via following Companies

Hong Kong Air mail
China post Registered Air mail

These both are came to India within 10 day and also ask your seller to send item and mark as Gift and do not add any commercial invoice in it.

I still have both GSTIN number and IEC code try to pay your money via Alibaba Website From the save side
newinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:04:44 PM

Thanks in advance,
Akaash

IEC code not compulsory IF you are using this for personal use ... Just do not say to DHL that you are using for commercial purpose

Still 1000$ is very High mark item as 500$ and add That this was a Gift
Guvn0r

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 01:57:44 PM

Thanks in advance,
Akaash

I am not sure...!!! I am an individual and I am a student so I don't have a GSTIN... I was looking for tips here... But nobody seems to have replied... Can you update if you find anythjng new?

I am expecting my miners to arrive last week of this month, or probably by the 2nd week of September. I think PAN card is enough if you are importing small number of miners (personal use). The total value of my import is more than 14000 USD, so I don't think they would buy it if I say it is for personal use, So I am planning to register a SSI unit. I ll post the details of my import and i ll see if i can get some information on import for individuals from my courier representative.
legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 10:59:29 PM

To save customs Duty i have one suggestion for you Ask your seller to ship via following Companies

Hong Kong Air mail
China post Registered Air mail

These both are came to India within 10 day and also ask your seller to send item and mark as Gift and do not add any commercial invoice in it.

I still have both GSTIN number and IEC code try to pay your money via Alibaba Website From the save side

Those aren't companies they are the national post offices of Hongkong & China, yes hongkong has it's own post office among other things.
Speaking from personal experience, if you rely on china post & hongkong air mail then you are asking to be ripped off, because they are infamous when it comes to stealing, product tampering, damaging the product, delaying it in customs and all such other nonsense.

So if you do not want that kind of nightmare, just avoid them for anything valued over $500.

Ship through DHL / FEDEX provide your phone number, whatever your duty is they will collect it from you during the delivery at your doorstep.

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
santlive

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:34:44 PM

Hello everyone ,im from chennai n gonna place order antminer d3 x 2 units from bitmain.com which valus $2900. im bit confused about customs, import fee n other formalities , kindly give some advise r tips for import .

thanks in advance.
Guvn0r

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 06:00:57 PM

Hello everyone ,im from chennai n gonna place order antminer d3 x 2 units from bitmain.com which valus $2900. im bit confused about customs, import fee n other formalities , kindly give some advise r tips for import .

thanks in advance.

Hello,

If I were you, I would probably wait another 2 weeks.. There is a huge problem going on with miners not getting cleared from customs, so until that finds a permanent solution you are wasting money on miner import.
chetubc

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:12:12 PM

Thanks in advance,
Akaash

I am expecting my miners to arrive last week of this month, or probably by the 2nd week of September. I think PAN card is enough if you are importing small number of miners (personal use). The total value of my import is more than 14000 USD, so I don't think they would buy it if I say it is for personal use, So I am planning to register a SSI unit. I ll post the details of my import and i ll see if i can get some information on import for individuals from my courier representative.

Did you receive your miners? I was really thinking hard on importing miners. why are they not getting custom clearances? I am unaware of this problem. where can I track it?
Does GSTIN still required if I am an individual?
GauravMiner

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:55:48 PM

Hi , I am planning to buy Antminer S9. What courier company should I select? Should I ask seller to write decreased price on it? What else would I need like GSTIN, IEC?
Guvn0r

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:08:29 PM

Did you receive your miners? I was really thinking hard on importing miners. why are they not getting custom clearances? I am unaware of this problem. where can I track it?
Does GSTIN still required if I am an individual?

No, I did not receive my miners.. They will only be shipped during late-oct or nov, but many people who had them shipped from Bitmain through DHL is having problems with customs.

Check the threads in here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=121.0

I am not sure if they did get their hands on them miners... I advice you wait till you get a clear picture about the situation... As far as GSTIN, if you are getting them as an "individual" - PAN card is enough as far as i know..
jbmustaq

Activity: 445
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:55:45 AM

huh selling for 3x time money than orignal price. why would anybody buy from you if they can also order directly from bitmain.

Also the difficulty is rising whoever is going to pay that much amount I don't thinks will be able to get the profit before 1-2 year.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: