Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 08:01:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: POLITICS/ GOVERNANCE  (Read 20 times)
Nelkel007 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 21, 2020, 05:38:17 PM

AN OVERVIEW

You can be disinterested in politics like me, but you can't be disinterested in governance.
   So what's the difference between politics and governance. Let's discuss

In my candid opinion I see politics to be mere activities through which one group gains power and control other groups. I submit you might be disinterested in this 😎.
        On the other hand I define governance or let's say governance are processes and traditions through which power and authority are exercised in a society.
        Too often we obsess about which group has power or control over the rest of us(Politics). Just to later realize all the groups are the same.
       I just hope I'm not being misunderstood, well let's take it a bit further. I think politics is simply about having our people in power and keeping their people out of it. Simply a game of inclusion and exclusion.
         Come to think of it, many say politics is a game of interest, I disagree I really think it's a game of thrones (GOT)😂
         As a true citizen, and purposeful leader you must ensure balance delivery of governance. What ever decisions should be for the benefit of the majority (all). That should be your sole objective and not politics.
    Unfortunately the African region has been a victim of this dirty politics, no proper governance. Politics is brought into everything.  Which has brought  them nothing but setbacks in so many things..
      Let's all bear in mind my brothers and sisters that whenever we're called to serve.
We shouldn't play politics, but rather serve.

#EndBadGovernanceInAfrica.
  #PromotePeaceandUnity.

Just my opinion though.✌️🤗
Disruptivas
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1520

View Profile
December 21, 2020, 10:05:44 PM

Politics has to do with the organization, direction and administration of nations or states. States use numerous instruments and apparatus to ensure the maintenance of power. But the big issue is that states have the legitimate power of physical violence. It is ensured, through police, armies and prisons that if someone does not comply with the 'Great Leviathan Agreement', the State can punish for the '' welfare''.

Power is the ability / likelihood to get others to do what you want. Sexual seductions, incredible stories, rare gifts, irrefutable logic, good narratives or violence. Power can take many forms and is intrinsic to societies. All societies have systems through which they organize their people (what you called Governance), but not all have states. The hierarchical and violent political system is a type of organization, not the only one possible.

Just as there are societies that organize themselves around a central figure, be it the state or a leader, there are social human organizations whose rules are made in order to decentralize power.

Bitcoin is a great example. Are multiple players with different types of power in the ecosystem: miners, developers, exchanges.... All of the players can play with the established rules or fight for changes (as miners who defended major blocks in Bitcoin Cash fork). But neither can use violence to achieve their goals. Governance and power are present, but not Estate (or what you call Politic).

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██