Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:25:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cudda Error 11  (Read 55 times)
William456 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2020, 10:03:40 PM

Mining Software: Claymore v15

Sorry if I posted this, in the wrong place!

I have incurred a "Cuda Error 11 - cannot write buffer for DAG".

This is not the first time that I have encountered this problem, though.

Last September (2020), it reared its ugly head, then, too!

My solution, for that, however, was to increase my virtual memory, to 52000.

Yet, that no longer works!

So, now, I tried increasing my virtual memory, to 63000, but that, too, does not work.

I tried a higher amount, though, but was informed that there was not enough space, on my hard drive, for such.

Thus, implicit is that I need a larger hard drive, but this only seems like a temp solution. How big, for instance, should I make it, since the problem already appears to be reoccurring - despite my expansions!

Does anyone have any insights, on this matter, they could share?

I am turning off my rig, until I get this issue resolved.

Please reply.

- w
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
December 21, 2020, 10:49:04 PM

Hard drive doesnt matter.  It is not writing anything to the drive.  Even virtual memory will fail to resolve.  You can run 4gb cards in zombie mode but that will only last a few weeks at most.  If your gpu(s) are bigger than 4gb each then you can continue to mine eth but jsut have to use another miner PM, TRM, Gminer, Lol, T-rex, Nbminer are some of the more popular miner to run...and they are updated.  Claymore has been heard from in quite sometime and appears not to be working on fixing it. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: