Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:54:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gox to Announce they found 670,000 btc?  (Read 7524 times)
zhsloe

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:17:13 PM

I don't really get the point: you guys are saying that if the coins will be found, then Bitcoin exchange rate will immediately raise. But how come? 670000 coins are a big deal, at least 100000 of them will be on markets again, hence the exchange rate will sink for a few days. Or I am wrong?
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:23:06 PM

I don't really get the point: you guys are saying that if the coins will be found, then Bitcoin exchange rate will immediately raise. But how come? 670000 coins are a big deal, at least 100000 of them will be on markets again, hence the exchange rate will sink for a few days. Or I am wrong?

It can only fall, there is no other option. If most people keep the coins the price remains the same, if most sell the price goes to 1 dollar.
softron

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:30:54 PM

Intresting news. Lets see how this affects bitcoin price.

g4c

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 10:32:17 PM

It can only fall, there is no other option. If most people keep the coins the price remains the same, if most sell the price goes to 1 dollar.

lol.

CORTEX7 Multi exchange Bitcoin trading client for Win, Mac, Nix, Android.
CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:34:03 PM

Mt. Gox is not going anywhere until the Tokyo District Court and the Tokyo Metropolitan Police are through with it.

Nah, they have only made an application. They can just cancel the application. Court has 0 power if they now come out and say we are being acquired and everyone will be made whole.

Really?
That would be one heck of a story.

It is correct that the Japanese court has not yet ordered commencement of the civil rehabilitation procedure. They have only provided a protective order for Mt. Gox based on their application.
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:34:44 PM

it will go up massively

it is excellent news if no one has to worry about so many stolen coins in circulation (taint risk)

Truth is the new hatespeech.
HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:39:25 PM

Yes the world has a lack of fiat to buy any of those coins.

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 10:44:34 PM

I don't see how it can fall.

If I lose something valuable, that I thought was lost maybe forever, and it turns up I'm jumping for f#cking joy.

Sentiment plays a huge role.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
bananas

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:45:28 PM

It seems you don't understand the basica rules of market. The current price is what it is without those coins, how can the price go up? coins will buy coins?
yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:46:46 PM

I created a poll to asses sentiment regarding its effect on the market;

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=530672.0

tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:02:37 PM

It seems you don't understand the basica rules of market. The current price is what it is without those coins, how can the price go up? coins will buy coins?

Nobody even knew those coins were missing up until 3 weeks ago and the price was the same.
Finding the coins will have a negligible impact on the market.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 11:09:27 PM

gox is dead, and i love it. i hope Mark is in jail soonish.

Aquent (OP)

Activity: 72

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:11:38 PM

Are you guys forgetting like the price was 1k or something and started to fall only cus gox started all this?

Price is going up I think to 1.2k and above
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:14:20 PM

I don’t know exactly who Eren is or where his information is from, but I hope we discover more soon...

I read the source and it looks pretty weak.
If true:
"It would also turn into a colosso-massive news story. No one has ever ‘found’ a half-billion dollars before. Thanks to the miracle that is trustless, decentralized, public ledgers, though, we did. We did."

Stay tuned for more amazing updates from Bitcoin World...

french684

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:21:32 PM

Gox is super shady. Looking forward to Karpeles going to jail.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:32:22 PM

Are you guys forgetting like the price was 1k or something and started to fall only cus gox started all this?

Price is going up I think to 1.2k and above

Only partly true:
The China Bubble bursting was also a huge factor in the short-term top.

bananas

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:55:56 PM

Nobody even knew those coins were missing up until 3 weeks ago and the price was the same.
Finding the coins will have a negligible impact on the market.

Depends on people's behaviour, if the behaviour is the same the price remains about the same.
But the probable scenariio is that hose who bought cheap goxcoins will sell it as soon as possible to try to profit, and those who kept fiat in gox at a big loss are likely to be allergic to bitcoin right now and will never buy it again.
BitDreams

Activity: 503
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:39:37 AM

Were numbers of lost coins concealed during a negotiation? Did locating 200,000 coins alter negotiations?
smack1114

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:05:20 AM

I think it'll only help the value.  Even if they were stolen, they still existed so it's not like releasing them will dilute the value.  If anything it'll add positive news to the media and gain trust in many.  The best thing out of the ordeal is that we learned to keep all or just about all of our money off the exchanges.

I'm curious as to how Japan and China will react to this rumor.
analau

Activity: 69

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:33:49 AM

then the price shoud've risen when they dissapeared
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: