Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:16:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020-12-21 CNBC - Why betting on bitcoin is harmful to the U.S. dollar: Morgan S  (Read 69 times)
cr1776 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1299

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 12:35:41 PM

Why betting on bitcoin is harmful to the U.S. dollar: Morgan Stanley's Ruchir Sharma
Ruchir Sharma, chief global strategist at Morgan Stanley Investment, says evolving blockchain technology has led to the growth of bitcoin and as more people invest in the cryptocurrency, it can harm the U.S. dollar and weaken democracy. He joins 'Closing Bell' to discuss.
https://apple.news/AsIjmR1UeQb-AMiZXiMGGDg

He mixes cause and effect. It isn't "betting on bitcoin" that is harmful to the US dollar (or any other potential reserve currency), it is the policies of extreme money printing that all the central banks are engaged in that is harmful to all fiat currencies.  Bitcoin is a tool to protect yourself and the product of your life from bad policies engineered by elitist authoritarians around the world.

He kind of touches on that in the video, but not completely.

It is like saying chemotherapy is bad for oncologists because it might hurt their practice if someone is cured. Honest doctors would be fine with that since they want people healthy. Dishonest ones would prefer to keep the cancerous money printing going and then complain about a treatment.

Any form of competition for sound money is a good thing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 05:01:18 PM

Thanks for sharing this news and I agree with your comment.
On a different note, allow me to suggest how to properly post in this section  Smiley
There is no need to put the source in the headline. If there is not enough space try to be creative. In your case I would have used the following headline:
[2020-12-21] Why betting on BTC is harmful to the U.S. Dollar

Wink
cr1776 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 06:14:37 PM

Thanks for sharing this news and I agree with your comment.
On a different note, allow me to suggest how to properly post in this section  Smiley
There is no need to put the source in the headline. If there is not enough space try to be creative. In your case I would have used the following headline:
[2020-12-21] Why betting on BTC is harmful to the U.S. Dollar

Wink

Thanks for the note on "properly posting".  However, prior to doing so, you might want to read the sticky at the top though since you are incorrect.

The expected post format is described in it, even in the subject.  It says:

"POST FORMAT: YYYY-MM-DD SITE - HEADLINE"
with a discussion here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=246823.0

The site is expected. Likewise, the headline from that site is expected.

I am not sure where you saw something else for this section, but the number of people who either ignore the 2nd sticky item in the Press section or choose to ignore it is staggering.  No brackets, including the date, site and headline from that site.

People ignoring it and doing their own thing has been going on pretty much since this section was created as you can see from the thread linked to above.

acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 06:42:17 PM

I am sorry.
I recognized I was mistaken basically since starting posting here. Thanks for pointing that out to me and from now on, I will use that format.
Everyone on this board completely derailed from those guidelines long ago actually.

I will do my best to properly format the title from now on.

I hope you will excuse my careless reply written above.  Smiley
cr1776 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 07:19:28 PM

I am sorry.
I recognized I was mistaken basically since starting posting here. Thanks for pointing that out to me and from now on, I will use that format.
Everyone on this board completely derailed from those guidelines long ago actually.

I will do my best to properly format the title from now on.

I hope you will excuse my careless reply written above.  Smiley

No big deal.  :-)

All the best.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: