Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:03:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Breaking news: Skybridge Invested $25 million in Bitcoin  (Read 253 times)
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
December 23, 2020, 06:01:12 PM

^ I don’t really believe that the influence really came from Microstrategy.
At their status in finance, influence is almost absent in every decision they make. They do things with their own data and records.
I probably guess it’s a move they start because they speculated something to happen based on their research. Nevertheless, I hope there are more big investors that keep coming in crypto and continuously adopting bitcoin to be used in any business industry all over the world.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1299

View Profile
December 23, 2020, 06:21:26 PM

After the success spending of $1.1b on Bitcoin this year 2020. Microstrategy now holds 70,470 Bitcoins. Scaramucci of skybridge credited “Michael Saylor" CEO Microstrategy for inspiring him to start his Bitcoin funds, which he invested $25million on Bitcoin recently.

Could this help the market capitalization and trigger a bullish trend? If after the next halving in 2024, do you think more companies will join the likes of Microstrategy and Skybridge to take invest on Bitcoin in a large amount?

Let us share our thoughts, Thank you.

Source: https://www.coindesk.com/scaramuccis-skybridge-invested-25m-in-new-bitcoin-fund?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

I don't know why they would wait that long, e.g. until the next halving.  If they are convinced of the value of bitcoin, they'll do it sooner vs later. 
Sirait

Activity: 1890
Merit: 101

1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2020, 06:35:07 PM

After the success spending of $1.1b on Bitcoin this year 2020. Microstrategy now holds 70,470 Bitcoins. Scaramucci of skybridge credited “Michael Saylor" CEO Microstrategy for inspiring him to start his Bitcoin funds, which he invested $25million on Bitcoin recently.

Could this help the market capitalization and trigger a bullish trend? If after the next halving in 2024, do you think more companies will join the likes of Microstrategy and Skybridge to take invest on Bitcoin in a large amount?

Source: https://www.coindesk.com/scaramuccis-skybridge-invested-25m-in-new-bitcoin-fund?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true
^ one by one, many have become interested in investing their funds in Bitcoin. which made me curious, at what price /Bitcoin he started buying. If he buys at the current price, I worry he will lose a lot of capital when the market corrects.

bonjouros

Activity: 307
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 23, 2020, 08:46:57 PM

They are putting some large amount of money here therefore it can surely help the market to grow in price and in capitalization but with regards to bullish trend, this hype is not yet enough to push it to another level but if there will be more big investors that will follow their steps then it will surely trigger the bullish trend.

But right now, the bitcoin is in good condition already as it was able to break it's record and created a new ATH already while it continous to surge it's price and dominance to other currencies because if I am not mistaken it is the highest dominance that I see as btc dominance is sitting at 67.9% as of this moment.
milani

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 23, 2020, 09:51:52 PM

Personally I liked this news. It looks like not ordinary investment, they do not just invest some large amount, but according to the article they build something interesting and perspective for the users and as for the statement of  Scaramucci that Skybridge is running a full bitcoin node, it shows us their serious intentions. In my opinion Bitcoin nowadays attracts attention of lots of serious investors and people who want to build something for long term. So it looks like Bitcoin is going to be a really attractive trend in the nearest future.
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1862
Merit: 370

View Profile
December 23, 2020, 11:24:55 PM

This sounds both as good and bad news to most people at this forum. For one, it is great news considering the fact that bitcoin is be oming more accepted and being integrated even in these big companies. It alsp comes as a bad news as more and more of these companies buyout huge amounts of bitcoin, they effectively make themselves whales that will be able to make the market dance at the palm of their hands whenever they please, however they want.
Wawa2013

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

View Profile
December 23, 2020, 11:49:31 PM

It's always nice to know that more and more big companies are starting to invest in Bitcoin, so now the price of Bitcoin continues to skyrocket.
And I am optimistic that in 2021 there will be more companies investing in Bitcoin, so never stop collecting Bitcoin. And also don't sell the Bitcoin
that we have too early, because the price of Bitcoin will go up to a price that we will never expect. I firmly believe Bitcoin will never let us down.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀