Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:10:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't resolve host ... Host not found  (Read 142 times)
Aalexandrion (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2021, 01:09:48 PM

Hi, tried to find the answer all day, but with no results Sad

Story:

The rig was on Windows, everything was grate. But I decided to go for the Hiveos.
I set the farm at home, everything worked grate one night.

The next day (yesterday) I moved the farm to the server room.
When I connect it to the internet, I receive the message:

Can't connect to eu1.ethermine.org:1444 - host not found (non authoritative), try again later.

The Hiveos sees the farm, but mining is not working.

I am new to the Hiveos. I have read it is a dns problem, but cannot figure it out what to do step by step.

Have to tell, that on Windows the internet is working with no delays.

Will be very thankful for your support!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
April 29, 2021, 01:21:29 PM

Probably a firewall in the server room that won't allow unknown connections either in or out.

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
Aalexandrion (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2021, 06:51:46 PM

I tried to change the dns as shown in the static ip, but it did not help. Probably i did something wrong.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
April 29, 2021, 07:28:10 PM

It could also be DHCP  is not enabled for your network interface. I don't use HiveOS, but if you can access a terminal window, see if you can ping www.google.com

ping -c 3 www.google.com

If you get a response, that shows DNS lookup, is working and you have an internet connection. If you don't get a response, try seeing if you can ping an, external IP address directly like.

ping -c 3 8.8.8.8

If you get a response then it shows you have an internet connection but DNS name resolution is not working.

If you don't get a response from either one, try seeing if the network interface for your internet connection is enabled and running. To do that it depends on what the system uses to manage network connections. Some systems use NetworkManager. If it uses DHCPCD.Type ipconfig in a terminal window and that will give you a list of network interfaces on the system. Select the network interface that the system uses connect to the internet and type (replace enp5s0 with the name of your network controller).

sudo systemctl status dhcpcd@enp5s0.service

The output will tell you if the controller is enabled and active. If it says disabled, you enable it with

sudo systemctl enable dhcpcd@enp5s0.service

and to start the interface use

sudo systemctl start dhcpcd@enp5s0.service

If the system uses Network Manager check the status with

sudo systemctl status NetworkManager.service

and you can enable and start the service the same way with

sudo systemctl enable NetworkManager.service
sudo systemctl start NetworkManager.service
JayDDee

Activity: 1386
Merit: 220

View Profile
April 29, 2021, 08:29:35 PM

The server room may require a static IP address, DNS & gateway.

Aalexandrion (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 05:23:26 AM

Thank you for your answers. Tried static IP and it did not solve the problem. Will try today to make a diagnosis as written above.
I even changed the internet cable and it dit not help. Smiley

In the server room are 2 types of internet. The first one is with no acces restrictions. It is the one I connected and the problem is described in my first post.

The second cable, is with access rights. When you logon, the system will ask you to write down your acces login and password.
So, when I install this cable, the system gives an error with the following message: Error: login page Kerion control.
Kerio is the acces manage system that requires the acces data.
But... The mining starts ... But... The Hiveos does not see the rig. So I assume, that if I give the acces rights, all will be working fine.
So... Is there a way to write down the acces data for the Kerio, so at every start the system takes them and connect to the internet?
If yes, what should be my actions to write them  down?
JayDDee

Activity: 1386
Merit: 220

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 02:48:50 PM

Well if you haven't been contacted by the system administrator yet your boss probably has
for the attempted security breach.

Aalexandrion (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2021, 07:28:38 AM

No there is no security breach, all is settled down. Please help with my last question.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: