Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:56:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Analysis Claymore Alternatives after EPOCH 384 (25th December)  (Read 734 times)
jgonzi (OP)

Activity: 639
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 23, 2020, 09:29:28 AM
Merited by xandry (2), safar1980 (1)

We will see very soon the end of Claymore for ETH, we saw it for ETC some weeks ago, and now is the moment for ETH. That will start in EPOCH 384, that will happen in Xmas. It could be probably able to continue mining, but there will be high level of reject. The only reason that happens is because Claymore is not more developed. Why? There are lot of speculations that I do not want to enter in them, but what is true, Claymore is not adapted to the next future mining
I want to post some alternatives of mining in this post, I will focus on miners that have proved them self’s to match the long term poolside hash rate with the claimed hash rate, so we can considered that they report honest performance.

The idea is to talk about these 5 Ethash Miners:
For AMD or Nvidia or Mixed Rigs :
-   Etherminer https://github.com/ethereum-mining/ethminer/releases
-   lolMiner https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4724735.0

For AMD:
-   TRM https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5059817.1320

For Nvidia:
-   T-Rex https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4432704.1040
-   TT-Miner https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5025783.0

Etherminer:
- Opensource, you can compiled and you will need if you want to have new Nvidia with CUDA 11, or that you Mining OS hat to do it by you.
- Fee 0%
- Working really well with Nvidia CUDA and old AMD Cards with RX 470-580, because they have a kernel for it. With new Navi and new drivers the hashrate is quite lower and you can have some DAG Generation problems in Navi 5700.
- No other Algo available to mine with it.
- Support available by the community in github

lolMiner:
-   No opensource
-   Fee in Ethash is 0.7%
-   Working very well. It doesn’t have problem with Nvidia CUDA driver. It has the best software optimization to reduce Watts with AMD, the more improve is with Navi, where it could be a save of nearly 4W by card.
-   It can mine different algo ETC, Beam, Equihash, …
-   Support available in the forum and also in Telegram, is easy to find the developer to help us.

TRM:
-   No opensource
-   Fee 1% Fee except for Polaris 0.75%
-   Working great.  The best miner for Vega architecture, it also had for smaller DAG great optimisation for Polaris Cards.  It is focus on AMD GPUs
-   It can mine also ETC, Nimiq, Cryptonight, …
-   Support available in the forum and on his Discord.

T-Rex:
-   No opensource
-   Fee 1% Fee except for Polaris 0.75%
-   Working perfectly with Nvidia.  Very focus to improve Nvidia. It has different version depending on the CUDA Driver.
-   It can mine also ETC, Octopus, MTP, …
-   Support available in the forum and on his Discord.

TT-Miner:
-   No opensource
-   Fee 1%, from version 5.0.0 to 5.0.3 developer take out the Fee and it was 0%, but he did not receive support and he finally put again the fee in version 6.0.0
-   Working great with Nvidia.  It works in all CUDA Driver version, it has lot of options to play with optimisation.
-   It can mine also ETC, EPIC, Veil, …
-   Support available in the forum by the developer

In term of hash all are very equal except etherminer with Navi GPU, in term of consumption is different in each miner some have more improves than other.
Now pick and prove the miners. We do not want pools of more than 51% to avoid attacks like we have seen the last months.  It is interesting not to have also miners with more than 51% of all the hash.
aclass

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 23, 2020, 10:13:21 AM

Here is a summary of a 24 hour test of Claymore, Phoenix, NBMiner and T-Rex on 3060 Tis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB9G7-bCL6Y

Not sure if 24h is enough though...
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
December 23, 2020, 10:34:55 AM

Finding a share is based on luck, so no matter how many times you compare, it will never be the same, so in point, this is anecdotal. I advise to choose the miner that gives the lowest dev fee and competitive hashrate.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
aclass

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 23, 2020, 10:39:54 AM

Luck evens out if left for a long time. Somebody should be able to calculate how much time is needed Smiley
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
December 23, 2020, 01:56:10 PM

Gminer / Nbminer should both be on this list. 
jgonzi (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2020, 11:08:05 PM

Luck evens out if left for a long time. Somebody should be able to calculate how much time is needed Smiley

With long term mining... the luck always Trend to 100%. It needs lot of hash to have this nearly 100%. So the test with only 1 card is quite small for the analysis. Complete rigs are always better.
styleshifter

Activity: 155
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2020, 05:51:55 AM

You forgot to mention Phoenix Miner.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2647654.0

I think most people switched to Phoenix Miner.

Latest Crypto Miner App - Get the latest mining software from official sources & receive update notifications
https://latest-miner.web.app --- https://bitcointalk.org/?topic=5073731.0 --- https://twitter.com/styleshifter1
safar1980
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1625

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
December 24, 2020, 08:35:26 AM

https://2miners.com/blog/claymores-ethereum-miner-stops-working-best-alternatives/
Claymore’s Ethereum Miner Stops Working. Best Alternatives

" Our experiment shows that the best mining software for Nvidia is T-Rex and gminer, for AMD – Teamredminer and lolMiner.

Mining programs don’t overstate their hash rates. You can choose software that provides stable operation with the highest hash rate in the miner window. The developer fee shouldn’t be the first thing to consider when choosing mining software. Don’t go for ethminer just because it doesn’t charge a fee."

mak013

Activity: 2408
Merit: 757

View Profile
December 24, 2020, 09:58:24 AM

I dont use it for a year at least. TRM, lolminer, gminer, t-rex... These miners have regular updates and have more choice for miners - they supports different algorithms, including the newest.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 24, 2020, 12:04:37 PM

These miner are good i agree but non of them supports strap option, some of them even dont have OC support you must use AB or overdriventool. i used write bat file run it no other tools no need. please miner DEVOLOPERS ADD TO YOUR MINERS STRAP AND OC THATS ALL MINER NEEDS.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
December 24, 2020, 12:54:22 PM

These miner are good i agree but non of them supports strap option, some of them even dont have OC support you must use AB or overdriventool. i used write bat file run it no other tools no need. please miner DEVOLOPERS ADD TO YOUR MINERS STRAP AND OC THATS ALL MINER NEEDS.

Yeah this is a must because many people do not want to mod the bios of their gpus and there is a risk modding the bios, better to leave the gpu intact for warranty purposes.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
jgonzi (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2020, 07:10:29 PM

Yeah this is a must because many people do not want to mod the bios of their gpus and there is a risk modding the bios, better to leave the gpu intact for warranty purposes.

Normally with the Linux OS, HiveOS, RaveOS, SMOS, PIMPOS,... all of them put the config in his system. I suppose the most affected people is Windows
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 05:58:49 AM

ethermine? you mine ethminer which was developed by ETH dev team back in 2015? This miner should be used maybe on a last resort case. There is nothing wrong with it but it lacks features and very outdated.

Back in late 2015, I actually was using ethminer because Claymore didnt exist. I hated it because every single DAG change, all my rigs would crash. I would have to make sure I was home during that time and be ready to reboot all the rigs.

There is also no remote monitoring, no temperature control, can't disable GPUs on the fly and so forth. So its a decent software but nobody in 2021 should be using ethminer when there are much better alternatives.
jgonzi (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2020, 08:50:07 AM

ethermine? you mine ethminer which was developed by ETH dev team back in 2015? This miner should be used maybe on a last resort case. There is nothing wrong with it but it lacks features and very outdated.

Back in late 2015, I actually was using ethminer because Claymore didnt exist. I hated it because every single DAG change, all my rigs would crash. I would have to make sure I was home during that time and be ready to reboot all the rigs.

There is also no remote monitoring, no temperature control, can't disable GPUs on the fly and so forth. So its a decent software but nobody in 2021 should be using ethminer when there are much better alternatives.

That's true the control option should be done better from OS in case is used etherminer
jgonzi (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 08:26:48 PM

18hours to be in Epoch 385. Let's see what happen
miner29

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 08:40:12 PM

Nanopool shows 19hrs 36mins.  But yes SOON!!! another decrease for 4gb cards.
deskless

Activity: 279
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 11:41:52 PM

What is special for 385?
miner29

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 11:52:57 PM

What is special for 385?

Dag gets bigger.  4gb cards get slower.   
maxfunky

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 11:40:25 AM

What to you think of Phoenix Miner  Huh

nbminer

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile