Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:53:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you go back(stay with) to Claymore miner if it get's fixed?
I will go back to Claymore as I already changed - 4 (16%)
I will stay with Claymore as I still use it - 1 (4%)
I do not plan using Claymore miner any more - 9 (36%)
Check hashrate and shares and then decide - 11 (44%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you go back/stay with Claymore if it gets fixed last minute?  (Read 417 times)
aclass (OP)

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 23, 2020, 10:18:44 AM

With Claymore miner almost dead, some have already moved to other miners, others use -eres 0 for a few more days of mining.

So what will you do if Claymore drops a last minute fix?
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1311

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2020, 10:58:24 AM

I'm already using another miners
For Nvidias I'm using Trex, and for AMDs Phoenix Miner, but I'm almost changing to all Phoenix, because it's working good and stable 24h

In my tests, both miners give more shares than Claymore, but I used Claymore for a long time, since Polaris in 2017, it's awesome that even without updates, Claymore still rocks, but in my opinion and tests, it's time to update or change miner, because devs are doing a great job trying to pass to dag size, updating to new drivers and new cards like RDNA2 and new RTXs, and there's plenty options to choose

If Claymore updates miner, I'll check hashrate and shares, and I'll use the best for my GPUs

So my answer is not on your poll  Grin

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
aclass (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2020, 11:33:21 AM

I added an answer for your case as it is really a smart move Smiley
peteycamey
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1017

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2020, 04:59:28 AM

claymore is dead. I am not talking about miner, claymore as a person is physically dead. and I dont know any zombies that can code so I am pretty sure claymore miner will never get fixed.
Gunday_07

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 24, 2020, 07:04:02 AM

claymore is dead. I am not talking about miner, claymore as a person is physically dead. and I dont know any zombies that can code so I am pretty sure claymore miner will never get fixed.
What? Are you for real? No wonder there is no more updates for claymore miners, where did you get this information from pal? Are you closed to claymore himself or what? What happened to him If you don't mind me asking ?

mak013

Activity: 2380
Merit: 756

View Profile
December 24, 2020, 10:22:48 AM

What? Are you for real? No wonder there is no more updates for claymore miners, where did you get this information from pal? Are you closed to claymore himself or what? What happened to him If you don't mind me asking ?
I think that no one can say really, but his devfee wallet haven`t been in use about a year. And before he moved ETH from it about 1-2 times per month. Even if he alive - smth really changed globally that time - no more updates, no more changes in the wallet.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 24, 2020, 11:46:20 AM

So what is the point of this vote? if it gets most votes we will get new version claymore?
 im not expert if there anyone who understands these codes is to difficult to implement claymore miner? all other miner non of them not supports strap,some of them even dont support OC, you have to use AB or overdriveN. im used to write all in bat file and keep running always even restarts same settings no need for bios mod or sitting and adjusting OC.Claymore did it 1 year ago and it was awsome.
PLEASE IF ANYONE THERE TO DEVELOPERS OF MINER JUST ADD STRAPS AND OC SETTINGS THATS ALL MINER NEEDS. AND GOOD README FILE.
batsonxl

View Profile
December 24, 2020, 12:09:34 PM

Claymore was the best in how introducing miner. he wrote clear manual and read me file with examples and showed all commands. Some of the miners even they dont have all command list. you have to ask. With claymore you only need miner file drivers and windows thats it. Why claymore left us
bmoscato

Activity: 361
Merit: 267

View Profile
December 24, 2020, 01:25:43 PM

I swapped over to Team Red Miner and I'm not looking back. If I get any NVIDIA cards, I'll use Phoenix Miner.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
December 24, 2020, 06:21:44 PM

Nobody knows if he is actually dead. We just tracked his Dev fee wallets and found that the last transaction out was back in July of this year and when ETH reached $600 he didn’t sell any of his profits.

So either he is a die hard hodler who is waiting for ETH to go higher or he just has too much money and doesn’t want to sell or he maybe passed away, however the latter is highly unlikely.

Maybe he got a job at Google or Apple and they don’t let him disclose anything. Who knows.
waywoos

Activity: 124
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 24, 2020, 07:52:44 PM

fix what?
theres nothing to fix
get a new 8gb card
New_order

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 26, 2020, 01:00:18 PM

I'd definitely go back to claymore miner if a new latest update is available right now, I haven't see a better mining software like claymore, it's a big shame that the miner have stop receiving new updates  and some are saying the maker is dead I don't know how true is this
Lucky - Luciano

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 11:16:06 AM

I would definitely use a Claymore miner because it worked the most stable and hashed me the best.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 11:23:29 AM

only if the miner is 2mb in size and then his miner is faster by 8% compared to others  and you all troll claymore to reduce the fee from 2% to 1%  Cheesy
Just_a_miner

Activity: 325

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 01:45:06 PM

Hello fellow miners. Some of you can remember me from HSRMINER Neoscrypt Fork by Justaminer. I've updated that miner, added new features and fixed bugs without access to source code.

I like Claymore's Eth miner much and used it many times in 2019/2020, so it's sad for me to see this situation.
I decided to see what can be done to solve the problem.

After two weeks of researching and hard work, the solution is 99% ready. I call it "More Epochs" mod for Claymore Eth Miner v15 for Windows. For now mod supports only Cuda 8 version of the miner and increases number of epochs up to 500. Support of Cuda 10 version of the miner, Linux version of the miner and support of Amd gpus will come later (not sure about Amd for now as I don't have any of amd video card right now for research and testing).

I'm doing final tests, right now my mod works with -eres 2 which means epoch 386 for Dag buffer.
But I have to wait actual epoch 385 to check it there. If everything will be fine, I'll release the mod and will create separate topic for it.

Don't lose hope and stay tuned.

More Epochs Mod of Claymore ETH Miner v15: Epochs 385+ works now!  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5305046
batsonxl

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 07:56:00 PM

looks like 65 % going to use if clay is back. waiting for amd cards? thanks
DarknessStorm

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2020, 08:24:23 AM

definitely yes. because only Claymore could operate "light" mode on my 5700xt cards (-ethi 0/1) without any problems.
any other miners (phoenix, NBMiner...) couldn't do this, even if they have the same (for the first look) options for decreasing mining intensity (-gpow, -li, -mi...)
Just_a_miner

Activity: 325

View Profile
December 30, 2020, 01:52:27 PM

I've finally released my

More Epochs mod v1.0 for Claymore Eth Miner v15

Epochs 385+ works now!

Visit https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5305046

More Epochs Mod of Claymore ETH Miner v15: Epochs 385+ works now!  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5305046
aclass (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 06:16:52 AM

Stop spamming your mod everywhere.
Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 06, 2021, 10:25:08 AM

I do hope that someone can take the place of claymore and deliver the same experience as the real claymore, this is the best mining software I've ever used and Know, the features and tweaking is top notch, no other like it

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: