Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:09:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RND] RandomCoin -Random Dif every hour- [NO Premine][Exchange ready]  (Read 13208 times)
ScoobyDood

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:32:55 AM

Heres a few more ideas

Hope u like

Addy for effort: 1KER56d3LfUoid8xiFvPfw4hRrosdS9mP6

poop
ScoobyDood

Activity: 171

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:36:00 AM

idk if its me but links for no one show up...so thumbs it is!

poop
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:32:55 AM

Why pictures links stop working? Weird sometimes showing sometimes not, and partially, wtf? ;/

fenghush

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:09:00 PM

Why stop at random difficulty? Why not include random block rewards, PoS with random percentage after random amount of days, hell why not fork myriadcoin and choose random PoW algo for each block Cheesy

This is an interesting concept, but IMHO the scrypt algo needs to go.

There is also an inherited flaw if you're going with the 1-20 difficulty, at some point difficulty 20 will be too easy as the network hashrate grows.

The Project (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:52:10 PM

There is also an inherited flaw if you're going with the 1-20 difficulty, at some point difficulty 20 will be too easy as the network hashrate grows.

Thats the magic behind it all. Imagine the chaos when the dif hits 1?

I like the input though. I'll take everything into account.
The Project (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:21:23 PM

Any other ideas?
december23

Activity: 71

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:23:30 PM

No IPO : Yes
No premine: Good

Cryptorush: No
Mintpal: Yes

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins. Sp6y1V7impV8StnUzK44kPf6cuKsmuGi8R
The Project (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:27:06 PM

No IPO : Yes
No premine: Good

Cryptorush: No
Mintpal: Yes

In my opinion cryptorush is a great exchange. Hopefully we can get on cryptsy but only if we show enough support or we get enough donations to buy a spot. If we could raise 1 BTC we could get this coin on cryptsy and it would have amazing value right out the gate.

remember the donation address to get on cryptsy is: 15ujudzFAi2NyXjsJNeN7ftqkbz7Q4Azpz

Painful Truth

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:33:47 PM

What do you think? Cheesy

hypnotic  Grin
DailyModo

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

www.gamebet.gg

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:07:26 AM

Avoiding this bs coin, dont go in other threads promoting your coin this is called spaming this is non ethical and just prove how you lack of promotional ideas.

Betting on esports with crypto's and steam items has never been easier.
CONTACT
dailymodo@gamebet.gg @GamebetGg
The Project (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:25:34 AM

Avoiding this bs coin, dont go in other threads promoting your coin this is called spaming this is non ethical and just prove how you lack of promotional ideas.

wrong
xploited

Activity: 304
Merit: 252

CLAM Dev

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:15:50 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 01:27:49 AM by xploited

I'm not quite sure I get how a random difficulty can work and would love an explanation as I'm a fan of the concept and have considered it myself before.  

If each client is randomly generating their own difficulty on the hour whoever is lucky enough to generate the lowest diff required has the most chance to find the block as they require the least work, locking in the lowest diff a large portion of the time.

I'm also interested in how you can go back and validate blocks. When you go to verify a block with a 'random' difficulty change how does it find this random number again with certainty? When a block is processed it compares its PoW included in the block to what it would generate in getnextworkrequired. have you removed this PoW check for the blocks with diff changes?

Edit: taking it a step further there would be nothing keeping someone from modifying their client to always pick 1 diff on those changes. Where any diff between 1-20 has to be valid for those blocks you can remove the randomness entirely and still produce a valid diff that no one would be able to argue with.

The Project (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:28:25 AM

I'm not quite sure I get how a random difficulty can work and would love an explanation as I'm a fan of the concept and have considered it myself before.  

If each client is randomly generating their own difficulty on the hour whoever is lucky enough to generate the lowest diff required has the most chance to find the block as they require the least work, locking in the lowest diff a large portion of the time.

I'm also interested in how you can go back and validate blocks. When you go to verify a block with a 'random' difficulty change how does it find this random number again with certainty? When a block is processed it compares its PoW included in the block to what it would generate in getnextworkrequired. have you removed this PoW check for the blocks with diff changes?

Edit: taking it a step further there would be nothing keeping someone from modifying their client to always pick 1 diff on those changes. Where anything between 1-20 has to be valid for that block you can remove the randomness entirely and still produce a valid diff.

Who said that Random Coin's dif will be generated client side? I would rather not give away too much info on this because it is VERY unique and I don't want the idea stolen before launch. I'll give a full explanation of my code the day of launch.
xploited

Activity: 304
Merit: 252

CLAM Dev

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:44:33 AM

Edit: taking it a step further there would be nothing keeping someone from modifying their client to always pick 1 diff on those changes. Where anything between 1-20 has to be valid for that block you can remove the randomness entirely and still produce a valid diff.

Who said that Random Coin's dif will be generated client side? I would rather not give away too much info on this because it is VERY unique and I don't want the idea stolen before launch. I'll give a full explanation of my code the day of launch.

No one said that. I figured it could be assumed but obviously I was wrong.

The crypto crowd from my knowledge is not much of fans of centralization, especially of their coins. I know for sure I'm not. I had hoped you had answers to my concerns that didn't involve centralization or trust because that would have made this truly novel.

Thanks for your reply, I've learned everything I need to know.

Best luck with your coin

The Project (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:30:02 AM

The crypto crowd from my knowledge is not much of fans of centralization, especially of their coins. I know for sure I'm not. I had hoped you had answers to my concerns that didn't involve centralization or trust because that would have made this truly novel.

Best luck with your coin

The dif doesn't envolve centralization at all. It is decided by the network of clients. Can't explain how, nor do I think you would be able to comprehend it. Complex algos.
Wenzel745

Activity: 61

I'll use crypto to buy a Fiat

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:21:02 AM

Best luck with your coin

The dif doesn't envolve centralization at all. It is decided by the network of clients. Can't explain how, nor do I think you would be able to comprehend it. Complex algos.

I love the idea, but I don't know if insulting the interested folks is the best way to gain appreciation. Good luck with the coin!  Smiley

BTC: 163pZXhATaWiuGAX9o9y6PuKCF8ipDWnJH
HVC: HJWFdgUJPEw1oiLckBFPBzs8vCTLokCGgd
linna

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:30:56 AM

Change the algorithm , x11 runs much cooler . Random difficulty is good idea

Let's flower the moon.SkMkf84Mv1gGe473kswcUwzfBc7m2QwcUA
TheSmurfsCoin.ThjHhQduSG6qfj8tMKepGmHgMK7Xp4u3ke
Wenzel745

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:01:48 AM

In addition to running cooler, Scrypt ASICS are rolling out. This coin will get obliterated (with almost all the Scrypt coins) as soon as those hit. Only survivors will be *Maybe* litecoin. X11 has no ASICS yet, runs cooler, and might actually give this coin a shot. I agree, Random difficulty seems new and interesting Smiley

The Project (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:30:37 AM

In addition to running cooler, Scrypt ASICS are rolling out. This coin will get obliterated (with almost all the Scrypt coins) as soon as those hit. Only survivors will be *Maybe* litecoin. X11 has no ASICS yet, runs cooler, and might actually give this coin a shot. I agree, Random difficulty seems new and interesting Smiley

Thanks for the input. I might make the switch to x11. I'm still trying to figure out how I will do this with 0% pre-mine. It would be great if we could get some donations to really kickstart this coin.
Wenzel745

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:41:24 AM

Thanks for the input. I might make the switch to x11. I'm still trying to figure out how I will do this with 0% pre-mine. It would be great if we could get some donations to really kickstart this coin.

If you write good code, promote your coin and get some actual adoption (and merchant support) then you'll get donations and support from miners. Same way miners can make a living mining, you should be able to make one by developing your coin. The algo is the starting point, but without attention this'll die like so many other coins.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: