Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:33:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Staking difficult?  (Read 106 times)
marimanga (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 24, 2020, 04:10:42 PM

How can staking be more difficult.... when more users starts to stake or??

If you know please let me know or send me an article because i couldn't find..

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
December 24, 2020, 06:11:31 PM

Staking generally has a very low difficulty because proof of work is not the main way that new coins are minted. So if you own a staking coin you can use a regular laptop to stake and just leave the wallet running.

If you want to stake a more advanced coin like ETH then you should just leave it on the exchange that supports staking and they will do it for you.

There is a certain degree of risk because you need to keep the coins on an online computer and there is some degree of risk.

Which coin do you want to stake exactly?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
TGJ

Activity: 173
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 24, 2020, 06:27:50 PM

Any recommendations for what coins to stake that have a decent reward with low to moderate risk?
marimanga (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 24, 2020, 08:31:53 PM

Staking generally has a very low difficulty because proof of work is not the main way that new coins are minted. So if you own a staking coin you can use a regular laptop to stake and just leave the wallet running.

Actually.... I'm staking a coin Equihash PoS. I've heard on their community that staking will be more difficult in following days. What do they mean by that. For example if im staking today 50 Coin, in "following days" i will stake less example 30 Coin.. I'm right?

There is a certain degree of risk because you need to keep the coins on an online computer and there is some degree of risk.

I'm staking on desktop Wallet QT and can you tell me more about of this risk, What do you mean?
Can i lose coins?
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1787

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
December 24, 2020, 09:54:47 PM

Any recommendations for what coins to stake that have a decent reward with low to moderate risk?
I will just provide you with tools to use and to determine which coins is more profitable. As for the part of risk, you may have to do some due diligience
- https://www.stakingrewards.com/calculator
- https://www.cointostake.com

I'm staking on desktop Wallet QT and can you tell me more about of this risk, What do you mean?
Can i lose coins?
For more information read here
- https://community.trustwallet.com/t/the-risks-of-staking/672
- https://hackernoon.com/crypto-staking-assessing-the-risks-and-profitability-of-usd-neutrino-cosmos-and-others-zko3u6g
- https://www.coindesk.com/valid-points-risks-rewards-staking-on-eth-2-0-validators

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 06:03:34 AM

Basically the more people that stake the exact same coin, there will be less of a cut for everyone. The supply is fixed and cannot be changed. If max supply is 100 coins a day, and there is 1 staker then he will get all 100 coins in a day. If there are 100 stakers, then each will get 1 coin a day.

This is pretty much similar to POW and how difficulty keeps going up so the supply is capped.

Regarding security, its important to make sure you have good firewall, don't download software you don't trust, use a secure OS like Linux, etc. However since you are staking you need to have them on a hot wallet, can't use a hardware wallet or cold storage to protect your coins, hence the added risk.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██