Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:19:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can NFTs become a big market  (Read 135 times)
Altcoinsintel (OP)

Activity: 342
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 24, 2020, 07:36:52 PM

Is the NFT market going to shine someday?

I see potential but I only recently joined. What I would be interested is in the basics as I am missing even these. I know what the ERC721 and ERC1155 tokens are and that many are now using them for games, domain names, and collectibles. Lately, we have Sorare for example making some collectibles of footballers. I don't know if this will be important, I would prefer the NFTs to have some use inside a game as well. I have seen some games and have a few collectibles today, and opened an account at OpenSea which seems to be a nice marketplace. However, I think I am missing a lot of what I should be doing, where to be looking and what exactly I should be doing. Probably a good guide is required, if I become experienced in this I will create one if there is none available in the forum.

I heard about NFT markets being strong and going to become the next DeFi, but I have heard that since the summer and now many months have passed, yet no hype and no interest in this. Was it the rise of Bitcoin price that stopped the crypto community from a growing interest in NFTs? Will there be a moment when we will see some rising interest like it was in the past with Cryptokitties?

I have my eyes on the NFT market but I don't know if it will become a big one similar to DeFi. I know that many of the top gaming companies already have some plans to enter blockchain gaming and it could be interesting to have markets of nonfungible tokens used for game items in top game releases. It could become fuel for the market in total.

What do you guys think about NFTs and their potential?
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zasad@
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 4278

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2020, 08:00:14 PM

I wrote a lot about NTF tokens in these topics

Everything you need to know about NFTs tokens
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5274952.0

DeFi & NFT tokens project
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5278144.20

This is a very promising area, especially for games. Perhaps the problem is that cryptocurrency is not so widespread, and it is easier for game owners to use standard platforms, such as steam, to sell games and content.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Altcoinsintel (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2020, 08:13:07 PM

Thank you so much, bookmarked and I will start reading. I recently found time and have to learn as much as I can. I am sorry to have asked, I did some poor search on my own, could have done better.
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
December 24, 2020, 08:28:32 PM

I see potential but I only recently joined. What I would be interested is in the basics as I am missing even these. I know what the ERC721 and ERC1155 tokens are and that many are now using them for games, domain names, and collectibles. Lately, we have Sorare for example making some collectibles of footballers. I don't know if this will be important, I would prefer the NFTs to have some use inside a game as well. I have seen some games and have a few collectibles today, and opened an account at OpenSea which seems to be a nice marketplace. However, I think I am missing a lot of what I should be doing, where to be looking and what exactly I should be doing. Probably a good guide is required, if I become experienced in this I will create one if there is none available in the forum.

I heard about NFT markets being strong and going to become the next DeFi, but I have heard that since the summer and now many months have passed, yet no hype and no interest in this. Was it the rise of Bitcoin price that stopped the crypto community from a growing interest in NFTs? Will there be a moment when we will see some rising interest like it was in the past with Cryptokitties?

I have my eyes on the NFT market but I don't know if it will become a big one similar to DeFi. I know that many of the top gaming companies already have some plans to enter blockchain gaming and it could be interesting to have markets of nonfungible tokens used for game items in top game releases. It could become fuel for the market in total.

May be in next five years but i do not see them doing that big in short term, once defi gets the required momentum and adoption only then i expect nfts to be in the game big time.

Zeehaxan

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

WhalesHeaven - Custody Free Swap Exchange

View Profile
December 24, 2020, 08:36:28 PM

NFTs are already big i have seen a lot of demand and trading for NFTs at different platforms but if you are talking about NFTs at mass scale then i think it will take good time to reach there as it is relatively a new product so like every new product it will take time for acceptance in the market.

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
Lhaine

Activity: 742
Merit: 128

Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 01:05:15 AM

May be in next five years but i do not see them doing that big in short term, once defi gets the required momentum and adoption only then i expect nfts to be in the game big time.

What is the relation with defi and NFT ?  They are two different program and NFT has been known for a long time compare to defi which only started to be known this year,NFT has far greater potential than Defi  in terms of adoption many people already have idea in this NFT and already have a lot of supporters one game that I know that been successful as for now is AXIE , a game that can give potential income to it's users buy buying a NFT and play the games. I am looking forwrd for a better games wi to h  good graphics in the future.
Altcoinsintel (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 08:58:20 AM

What is the relation with defi and NFT ?

I don't see a relation either. Although, some upcoming projects are trying to mix these two it will probably be very difficult. I was hoping for NFTs to become more popular with the end of the DeFi craze and the lowering of fees. There was a push in this direction but it didn't become big yet.
zasad@
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 4278

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2020, 01:10:26 PM

What is the relation with defi and NFT ?  

"De" means decentralized.
Each NTF token has its own price, so it can be used throughout the DEFI ecosystem.
So far, not all major services support trading with NTF tokens, but I think that in a year the market situation will change.

A good selection of articles on NTF tokens
https://decrypt.co/collections/nfts

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
rheyank

Activity: 135
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2021, 02:25:40 AM

I wrote a lot about NTF tokens in these topics

This is a very promising area, especially for games. Perhaps the problem is that cryptocurrency is not so widespread, and it is easier for game owners to use standard platforms, such as steam, to sell games and content.

Recently I bumped into this article I guess this will be a lot of good crypto experts' comments on SEC suing Ripple, what do you think? https://experty.io/sec-sued-ripple-best-comments

HONEYPOD
(HNY)   honeypod.org   (HNY)
Changing Your Internet Forever
Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 08:26:57 AM

One of the things that drives the market is hype, DeFi got it right and the hype was massive thus didn't give NFTs a breathing space even though in some DeFi projects, they still have a thing or two connecting them to NFTs but because of scammers and hackers, the hype of DeFi dropped massively as well, therefore taking upcoming projects more than just hype to achieve their aim. Now in the case of NFT as a whole, I think the hype is building up gradually and what it needs as well is time and it will attract the right attentions. Another thing to know is, once developers start paying good attention to it, more ways in which it can be used will be made known and that is enough to kick off the hype and who knows, it might be the next trend since DeFi trend is already slowing down and people are already on the lookout for another. 

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Cloverfield

Activity: 392
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 08:27:57 PM

NFT’s can pick a real momentum, but to be fair, I never understood it. Why would you pay thousands of dollars for the owning rights of a digital picture? Bragging rights, I guess? Doesn’t make sense, but when it makes money, it does make sense. Will keep a close eye on it just to be sure!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: