Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:36:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paying with crypto for government services  (Read 436 times)
Eddyc

Activity: 1014
Merit: 391

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 01:52:21 PM

In my opinion it's something that can happen but with a lot of restraint leaving aside the crypto's main idea of decentralization. With basic knowledge, we know that governments centralize power to have greater governance and management in a given country, state, province or city. Another aspect and concept that is getting stronger and stronger is the creation of its own currency for each country. Facebook's Libra had a similar concept and was blocked by governments.

I also agree that it's too early.
Malam90

Activity: 1099
Merit: 116

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 01:58:05 PM

Crypto is growing in popularity each day, bringing the attention of mainstream governments and banks worldwide. Some governments have already imposed regulations towards the crypto/Blockchain industry, while others are still undecided. I've heard that some US states allowed citizens to pay their taxes with crypto. I'm not sure if they still allow this, but it brings convenience to crypto "hodlers". Imagine being able to pay with crypto for a birth certificate, driver's license, and even bail predetermined by courts.

Do you think governments around the world will allow people to pay with crypto for their services? Or is it still too early to tell? Will accepting crypto payments directly, increase people's confidence into crypto/Blockchain tech? If not, why? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Smiley

As far as i know, US citizens can't directly pay taxes with BTC. Source link would be better if you kindly provide in your topic. Popularity and acceptance of Bitcoin, Ethereum and few altcoins are increasing around the world. Recently a Visa Processing Agency declared their clients can pay fees with Bitcoin in the USA. More and more sectors are now adopting themselves with Bitcoin and blockchain technology. We won't be surprise if we see Garment sectors will come forward to adopt with crypto and give facilities to pay salary or pay payments for dress with crypto.
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 02:07:14 PM

They have to at some point, the pressure on crypto and the government is increasing on a daily basis, we have new people coming into crypto, the space is expanding, more merchants are accepting crypto payment too, i think soon the government will not have a choice than to accept crypto payment for government services as well.
cassavachips

Activity: 994
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 06:38:23 PM

I'm not sure if they will accept direct payments with existing crypto, it's likely that they will use 3rd party services to convert it to fiat. Or else it can only be done with stable crypto.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 06:56:51 PM

I am not sure of that in my country except in some of the EU countries that are friendly to crypto. As soon as they start to accepting such services, It means crypto is a store of value for them and this same coin has been condemn by the central bank for being too risky and its high volatility. I would have love to see them using it in postal service order payment and other minor payment such as VAT but it might be too early. It seems many of them are just considering using the block chain technology for infrastructure development and upgrade without considering making token or implementation of the crypto payment system
terrific

Activity: 2128
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 07:00:13 PM

It will increase our confidence towards the governments take about cryptocurrencies. They should be the one to be the most trusted entity where people will believe.
If a government accept and adopts it through means of payment with the said documents, doubters will start to believe on it.
But not all government will allow this to happen. Many of them are still not aware of it nor interested of adopting it.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 07:56:34 PM

Crypto is growing in popularity each day, bringing the attention of mainstream governments and banks worldwide. Some governments have already imposed regulations towards the crypto/Blockchain industry, while others are still undecided. I've heard that some US states allowed citizens to pay their taxes with crypto. I'm not sure if they still allow this, but it brings convenience to crypto "hodlers". Imagine being able to pay with crypto for a birth certificate, driver's license, and even bail predetermined by courts.

Do you think governments around the world will allow people to pay with crypto for their services? Or is it still too early to tell? Will accepting crypto payments directly, increase people's confidence into crypto/Blockchain tech? If not, why? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Smiley
Yes, obviously the governments will allow to pay for their services and taxes via crypto but first all the governments around the world need to come up with a clear and pro crypto policy that should encourage the use and payments via crypto to get rid of sluggish traditional systems.

MCobian

Activity: 1190
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 08:11:51 PM

The end point desired by the crypto community can indeed use crypto as payment in all countries, but the reality is very different from
what we want as a crypto community. Because there are still a few countries whose governments accept crypto as payment, so if it is
true that the US government allows its citizens to pay their taxes in crypto is one of the good things that is happening. Actually it is too
early to expect all governments around the world to allow citizens to pay for government services in crypto. At least we all have to educate
many people to accept blockchain technology as the core of cryptocurrency first.

SOLARBLOX        ◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥ crypto solar mining ◥◥
◼◼ Crypto Mining using Solar energy as substitute energy sources ◼◼
TELEGRAM TWITTER   ▪▪▪▪▪ [ DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER ]
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 08:17:10 PM

If its already been done then why not? It would really be giving out some big convenience to those who held crypto and make use of their coins on the things that theyre needing the doubt part on here is that once you do deal with them through your coins is that they might tally those people who had
some crypto into their stashes which might be a problem later on when they do tend to make out some checkup or mandated on paying up tax
with your crypto holdings. lol
When it comes to confidence matter then any acceptance or adoption will really give out positive impact nor sentiment or impression towards bitcoin
or in the entire crypto market.

bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 09:06:06 PM

While cryptocurrency is still a phenomenon. People do not fully understand or do not want to understand the opportunities that the blockchain provides. But in the future, I think progressive States will grow up to transfer Central banks to the blockchain and issue national cryptocurrencies.
zonefloor

Activity: 1862
Merit: 524

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 09:17:20 PM

In my opinion, it is too early to have such opportunities for now. Many states and governments are determined not to recognize cryptocurrencies. I don't know what will happen in the following years, but it is very difficult in this process. Because crypto money also wants to keep money traffic under control. This is very difficult in these possibilities.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2020, 09:34:50 PM

I believe that we are headed in that direction in which all the governments will accept crypto as the daily form of payment. It can be dependent on the person if they are going to use crypto, but the freedom and flexibility to use it should be enough to entice other people to use it or be made aware of it.  

I asked a couple of people if they have heard of what Bitcoin is, but they seem to have this notion that it's related to famous actors getting into it, but the reality is, it's just for that celebrity pockets. It may be important to educate people first before anything else on what Bitcoin really is. I think that's what matters the most.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
doctor877

Activity: 896
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2020, 09:35:21 PM

Honestly simple parallel acceptance of crypto payment in the developed countries will skyrocket this market. Everyday more and more people are getting to know about cryptocurrency and one of the things that will make everyone always demand for it is to offer an immediate use in a daily life like the one of government bills payment, and others. .
Galley

Activity: 1274
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 26, 2020, 06:30:52 PM

Obviously, it is still very early to talk about the possibility of paying for public services with cryptocurrency on a global scale. But in some regions of the world, this is no longer something out of the ordinary. And in the near future, this will already be the norm, because governments are already beginning to show interest in cryptography.
kasakola

Activity: 148
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 26, 2020, 07:03:19 PM

The good news is that the people of the country will be happy to hear that cryptocurrencies are being converted to cryptocurrencies. Many hotels have been set up where transactions will be made through cryptocurrencies. I think if every country in the world agrees with this kind of purpose and why not accept it one day, then maybe its future will be much better. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

optimisticcm

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
December 26, 2020, 07:17:46 PM

I would love to do that in my country but sadly it seems like the government and beaurocracy here does not care about it and that is why people here are suffering while other countries where they are encouraging the use of crypto are moving ahead and in coming years there will be clear difference among countries based on this parameter.

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 30, 2020, 05:54:01 PM

Governments are generally quite slow in adopting new tech, so things like adopting crypto are more of an exception rather than the norm that it to be expected. We actually don't see any significant progress in crypto adoption for payments by anyone at all. Government adoption will only come after mainstream adoption, which also assumes proper and full regulation, and we don't even have that still.

That's certainly true, mate. I think there's a long road ahead before crypto becomes fully adopted by mainstream governments. The crypto/Blockchain space is still not mature for the mainstream world. There are many issues including (but not limited to) lack of scalability, lack of regulation, and lack of price stability. If governments begin accepting crypto as payment method, they would immediately convert crypto to Fiat in order to prevent losses from wild fluctuations in price. But it's very unlikely they'll adopt crypto at its fullest, since most governments still consider it as a threat to the current monetary system. They wouldn't want people to abandon Fiat for crypto after all.

But who knows? Anything could happen in the future. The more crypto becomes popular, the higher the chances of governments adopting crypto as payment method will be. Everything will depend on how people use crypto in their everyday lives. Don't expect governments to adopt crypto if it's used heavily for illicit purposes, though. With or without adoption from the government, crypto will be here to stay. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 05:58:06 PM

It is very very difficult for a government to implement a payment structure for their services in crypto. I am not saying anything about technical difficulty, but it's more of a political and bureaucratic difficulty. Money is a power and it's a political system rather than a financial system. The governments around the world uses various measures like interest rate, demonetization etc. to control the money supply in the hands of the citizens. With crypto, they simply can't use such measure and that's one major reason why the governments are reluctant to adopt crypto systems.

So I don't think there is a possibility for us to pay for government services using cryptocurrency anytime soon or even in future! It's just something that governments can't cope with!

Good point. It wouldn't make sense to adopt an alternative monetary system that's outside the control of governments and central banks alike. Adopting crypto for government services is like saying crypto is better than Fiat. Governments don't want this to happen, as they want to continue controlling our economy. It's this reason why adoption for crypto by the government has been very slow. To my knowledge, only a few states within the US are accepting crypto as payment method for paying taxes. The rest of the world is moving on with Fiat, as it's stable, and backed by mainstream governments.

At least, it's possible to pay with crypto for government services via the use of a crypto-backed credit/debit card. The conversion of crypto to Fiat occurs "on the fly", providing peace of mind for crypto "hodlers". While this method brings back the middleman, it's a workaround for those looking to use crypto everywhere Fiat is accepted worldwide. Expect to see further skepticism from mainstream governments, as crypto becomes more popular. We may reach a point where crypto will be deemed illegal in order to keep Fiat afloat. At least, crypto/Blockchain tech will carry on as usual due to its decentralized and open source nature. Just my opinion Smiley

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 06:55:54 PM

governments have no need to adopt paying with crypto for its services because they have to promote their own fiat currency. so in many countries we won't see such possibilities in the near future.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 07:35:14 PM

governments have no need to adopt paying with crypto for its services because they have to promote their own fiat currency. so in many countries we won't see such possibilities in the near future.
no need for them also to promote fiat because all humans in the world already know what fiat is and it wasnt called promotion when they use fiat but it is a normal transactions as a part of humans daily life .

you like to see crypto adopted by governments or not ? but im sure you will , all of us that are involved on crypto wants that because that unlocks the true ability of crypto when governments are involved .
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: