Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:35:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp will restrict XRP transactions for US users  (Read 187 times)
DoubleAweSeven

Activity: 168
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 26, 2020, 05:00:02 PM

Bitstamp, next, Coinbase. XRP can't stop this. This is inevitable because they can't provide solid evidence that they aren't a security coin but all they've done so far is pointing them that XRP is security. If they can't do anything about this, it's the end of XRP. This will not stop with just Bitstamp restricting US users.
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1073

View Profile
December 26, 2020, 05:05:03 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2020, 01:36:20 PM by jaberwock

Bitstamp: XRP trading and deposits to be halted for US customers

In light of the recent SEC filing against Ripple Labs Inc., which alleges that XRP is a security, we are going to halt all trading and deposits of XRP for our US customers on 8 January 2021 at 9 PM UTC.

We will closely follow the unfolding situation and continue to adapt accordingly.

Our US customers will still be able to withdraw XRP from Bitstamp. Customers from other countries are not affected.

https://www.bitstamp.net/article/xrp-trading-and-deposits-be-halted-us-customers/
There will be tons of these to please the US government as well. You will see that places like binance and all other centralized exchanges will start to delist ripple for sure, because USA will ban them in the end if they found them guilty, and until they are found either guilty or innocent, they will be in investigation and in a lawsuit as well, which means exchanges will definitely delist them if they want to do any business in USA, which is binance right now, because if they are found guilty and you continue to operate with XRP while they are under investigation, which is basically a warning, that means you do not care about SEC at all and they will look into the XRP deals you made as well, every single trade made on that exchange will be illegal as well.

So all in all I am 100% sure that people will definitely look for something else and delist xrp very soon.

FaucetKING

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306

C U

View Profile
December 26, 2020, 05:06:57 PM

I saw the announcement in the Bitstamp's twitter account yesterday, it didn't come from no where, they are a company and they should be in line with the news and these troubles with the SEC could lead to bigger troubles if these exchangers doesn't comply with the law, they might be touched or the united states gov could open other cases for the exchangers that aren't respecting the law. It's understandable from my side, some investors are making angry reactions but laws should be respected.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 27, 2020, 11:40:21 AM

I heard that news. I wonder what will happen to XRP later because I think some exchanges stop the trade for XRP. But maybe it is just temporary until the problem can be solved so that XRP can be traded as usual. If it's not, it will be hard for XRP to rise and make another good time in the altcoin season. I think people are worried about waiting for the next update that will come.

Worst case scenario would be getting delisted from main exchanges. Ripple will possibly lost its value. Compared to  the issues XRP have faced before, this one is getting serious. People are now forced to decide wether to exit or continue their investment in Ripple, but more people are lossing the trust to ripple, as evident its been multiple of days of dropping in price.
If that happens, I am afraid that XRP will not sustain for the delisted on the main exchanges. People still hold their XRP, maybe they still waiting for the next update from the dev which I am sure that they will not stay to see XRP delisted. Well, we should wait for the next news from them, and hopefully, XRP will not delist.

I heard that news. I wonder what will happen to XRP later because I think some exchanges stop the trade for XRP. But maybe it is just temporary until the problem can be solved so that XRP can be traded as usual. If it's not, it will be hard for XRP to rise and make another good time in the altcoin season. I think people are worried about waiting for the next update that will come.

Temporary and only US base exchange do that . As investors you should not be so much afraid about the FUD given even it's from SEC there already project that been sued before so its not the first time . XRP also planed to migrate in other countries and they have office already in other country so it's easy for them to migrate if ever the case will not be in favor in them . The real problem here is the partnership if they will also abandoned XRP and move to other coins instead.
Yes, it is a serious problem for the dev, and they need to solve the problem as soon as possible. I can not imagine what will happen if all partnerships also get infected from that news. That will make a big panicking from the investors and they will leave XRP and the project without looking back.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2020, 01:38:08 PM

I don't think that they are having a choice here. The SEC is very clear in their directive, and the exchanges need to comply. And this is not just applicable for those exchanges which are based in the United States, but also for the foreign exchanges which have American users.

Now the big question arises. What will happen if the SEC classify other cryptocurrencies as securities? If they have done this to XRP, then what prevents them from doing the same to cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash? So every time the exchanges are going to comply with the order and stop trading?
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
December 27, 2020, 02:00:31 PM

Worst case scenario would be getting delisted from main exchanges. Ripple will possibly lost its value. Compared to  the issues XRP have faced before, this one is getting serious. People are now forced to decide wether to exit or continue their investment in Ripple, but more people are lossing the trust to ripple, as evident its been multiple of days of dropping in price.
If that happens, I am afraid that XRP will not sustain for the delisted on the main exchanges. People still hold their XRP, maybe they still waiting for the next update from the dev which I am sure that they will not stay to see XRP delisted. Well, we should wait for the next news from them, and hopefully, XRP will not delist.

They can only strict from US investors for buying XRP same thing with bitstamp  do to XRP. but major exchange will not totally delist it because they don't have any reason to do so ,unless they are from United States which need to also follow their countries regulations.

I don't know where they will make official announcement about the result of it ,. But hopefully they do it faster because as of today XRP is too much affected with that news.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

IkonaDro4ku

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2020, 02:29:26 PM

I don't think that they are having a choice here. The SEC is very clear in their directive, and the exchanges need to comply. And this is not just applicable for those exchanges which are based in the United States, but also for the foreign exchanges which have American users.

Now the big question arises. What will happen if the SEC classify other cryptocurrencies as securities? If they have done this to XRP, then what prevents them from doing the same to cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash? So every time the exchanges are going to comply with the order and stop trading?
There are still many questions arising from this whole situation. One thing is certain, namely that the crypto market will never be the same. and this is good, because now he is reckoned with, which means he has already come to the masses and the world is adapting.
bittreo
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 30, 2020, 05:19:26 PM

That will ultimately affect as for sure.  Embarrassed Anyway, XRP is the coin one should never hold. I think of it being centralized and it doesn't attract me anymore.

This is what most market participants think. And it is possible that this is what a large capital is now seeking, which has large investments in this coin. Thus, large capital will continue to buy the coin when it is dumped by market participants who are prone to panic. Therefore, the price of XRP can rise again, as it was a day ago, when the value of the coin increased by 40% in 2 hours.

Large firms don't get affected by even 50% loss while retail investors do. Why should someone jump into a mess when s/he can avoid i in the first place? When a token lose its value, your theory is applicable for every single time but that doesn't make the native company stronger.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: