Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:50:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Are all Bitcoin wallet file types ( extensions ) used by bitcoin clients ?  (Read 173 times)
obl (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 06:46:54 PM

hello guys ,
i just wanna know what are all the file types ( extensions )  of bitcoin wallets used by bitcoin clients !
we all know : .dat =) used by bitcoin core  &  aes.json =) used by blockchain.info
but i wanna know all the other extensions that are probably being  used  by other clients !!!? ( especially online ewallets ) !!
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 07:43:16 PM

hello guys ,
i just wanna know what are all the file types ( extensions )  of bitcoin wallets used by bitcoin clients !
we all know : .dat =) used by bitcoin core  &  aes.json =) used by blockchain.info
but i wanna know all the other extensions that are probably being  used  by other clients !!!? ( especially online ewallets ) !!

File extension has no relevance in bitcoin wallets. It can be any format. It's just a file which stores details like private key, public key etc. As a wallet developer, I can store keys and data in any format. It basically depend upon the security level and more on how my application is made and how it fetches the data for signing and verifying transactions.
obl (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 04:09:35 PM

hello guys ,

File extension has no relevance in bitcoin wallets. It can be any format. It's just a file which stores details like private key, public key etc. As a wallet developer, I can store keys and data in any format. It basically depend upon the security level and more on how my application is made and how it fetches the data for signing and verifying transactions.

okky , that's a great answer mate !
But i just wanna know what are  the common ones used by bitcoin developers in online wallets clients  at the beginning of bitcoin ( 2009-2012 ) !!!

0t3p0t

Activity: 1568
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2021, 05:21:03 PM

hello guys ,
i just wanna know what are all the file types ( extensions )  of bitcoin wallets used by bitcoin clients !
we all know : .dat =) used by bitcoin core  &  aes.json =) used by blockchain.info
but i wanna know all the other extensions that are probably being  used  by other clients !!!? ( especially online ewallets ) !!

But i just wanna know what are  the common ones used by bitcoin developers in online wallets clients  at the beginning of bitcoin ( 2009-2012 ) !!!

I am wondering why you keep on asking those Bitcoin wallet file extensions mate? What are doing with those files if you don't mind? It's just weird that your asking questions about that thing since google is free and broad. Are you some sort of a dev or something?

I don't think this helps but kindly check:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Wallet

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 05:49:34 PM

hello guys ,

But i just wanna know what are  the common ones used by bitcoin developers in online wallets clients  at the beginning of bitcoin ( 2009-2012 ) !!!

Can you tell the exact purpose for which you are asking this question because I still find your question vague. File extension is highly subjective matter and differs from wallet to wallet, for example Electrum wallet file doesn't even have the extension. By the way, this page covers wallet formats for few notable wallets: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Wallet

And what exactly do you mean by 'online wallet'? All wallets need to be online to broadcast the transaction. Or do you mean 'web wallet'? In that case, unlike blockchain.info, most of the web wallets are custodial wallets and don't create wallet file for users. They rather save users' keys in centralized database. Moreover, I doubt whether there were many notable web wallets in 2009-2012 period.

Anyhow, you need to be more clear with your question and tell us what exactly are you trying to achieve to get more relevant answers.
obl (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 06:31:53 PM

I am wondering why you keep on asking those Bitcoin wallet file extensions mate? What are doing with those files if you don't mind? It's just weird that your asking questions about that thing since google is free and broad. Are you some sort of a dev or something?

I don't think this helps but kindly check:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Wallet

am not a developer mate  , am just a business man who's entering the crypto world , now am just doing what is called " a business  documentation " , which  is basically  info gathering about the history of the field that am entering to ,   i choose bitcoin as a sample   , and now am stucking  in  :  '' Bitcoin  Wallets database storing  file formates and its structure  '' !!!   
so if any one can help with that it would be appreciated ... and he could  get hired officially in the future if he proves more deep knowledge about bitcoin .
obl (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 06:43:25 PM

hello guys ,

Can you tell the exact purpose for which you are asking this question because I still find your question vague. File extension is highly subjective matter and differs from wallet to wallet, for example Electrum wallet file doesn't even have the extension. By the way, this page covers wallet formats for few notable wallets: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Wallet

And what exactly do you mean by 'online wallet'? All wallets need to be online to broadcast the transaction. Or do you mean 'web wallet'? In that case, unlike blockchain.info, most of the web wallets are custodial wallets and don't create wallet file for users. They rather save users' keys in centralized database. Moreover, I doubt whether there were many notable web wallets in 2009-2012 period.

Anyhow, you need to be more clear with your question and tell us what exactly are you trying to achieve to get more relevant answers.

Yes i mean Web Wallets ... and as i mentioned in another reply .. am trying to gather information about bitcoin wallets  for business security  purposes , and am stucking in a step called  : '' all possible Bitcoin Wallet known file formats and their structures "
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 06:43:41 PM

Blockchain.info is the online wallets around that time that used file to save wallet data some like coinbase use seed or recovery seed same as blockchain.info way back there also the andreas schildbach’s android wallet which use the same as core .dat file IIRC.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: