Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:16:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp requires US customer to withdraw XRP  (Read 193 times)
so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
December 26, 2020, 05:45:16 PM

We are in the same boat.
Good suggestions are already above this post.

I am still in the middle of a decision whether to sell or not.
Expecting.
Well, I think I'll keep it too until maybe everything will get cleared and it can bounce back again once investors decide to buy again.

But why US people need to move XRP from their accounts ? I mean is there any news that is floating around to get insecurity in holding XRP? I'm not sure if I follow this news around.

My confusion started because what things could disturb us in the crypto space if it's all about public blockchain. I don't think any government would be able to take it down wholly any time soon. Considering the ever increasing popularity of all the coins idk, it won't be much disturbance for the xrp holder. Unless it's very genuine reason like xrp is making fraud stuff and all.
Husires
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1287

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2020, 06:11:35 PM

I am in the US.  Bitstamp requires US customer to withdraw XRP.  If Coinbase, Bittrex, Kraken in US also delist XRP then what exchange that I can transfer XRP to?  Or what is the personal cryptocurrency wallet or app that I can transfer my XRP to?  Thank you.
Why do you panic like this. you are not dealing using central currencies, if the third largest currency is affected by banning it in a country, it is better to think carefully about that currency.
The price will be affected, but you can still sell. If I am in your place, I will try to buy more because it means the best opportunity to make some quick profits.
you can use any Dex wallet or exchange. try coinomi and this topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2906237.0
jossiel

Activity: 3024
Merit: 632

View Profile
December 26, 2020, 08:55:10 PM

Do you have a hardware wallet? Use it. Both Ledger and Trezor(Model T) supports XRP.

https://www.ledger.com/supported-crypto-assets

https://trezor.io/coins/

For multi-cryptocurrency wallet. These are your options.

https://www.exodus.io/status/

https://www.coinomi.com/assets/
I supported this one and this is the safest way to save your coins and tokens not just XRP, and stop panicking because you have to analyze the situation and you have to know if XRP can still survive this trend. I know this is a shocking news and case against XRP, and this may take a longer time before they recover, but I’m sure investors will not just easily left XRP behind.
If he is panicking, he has a valid reason for it.

He has already decided it and don't want to keep at pure loss by selling it. That's why he's asking for some wallets where he can keep it and wait until it finally recovers. He thinks that it will going to be fine and at least make his money get back to how much it was before.

He could break even if a turnover has happened and he can take his money back again. But you are right that it will require him time until it goes back and he can move it again to exchanges to sell it without having any issues caught.
Oilacris

Activity: 3052
Merit: 616

View Profile
December 26, 2020, 08:58:55 PM

move it to an exchange that  is not US base and then  sell it there. there is just no use in keeping it. ripple s not gong to last for a long. the only  solution if you have some of it is to sell.

the bitcoin community won't m is xrp though. the world  is just better without XRP. the one thing that is likely gong to be missed s the tiny trading and withdrawal fee using XRP which s also on other tokens.

The question is, would he able to sell it out when he's on loss? Try to check on whats the current price of XRP. You will surely hesitate on doing such step.

The solution to this is on what you had really suggested. Step out on US based platforms and you would really get rid of this type of problem.

When it comes to wallet then there are viable options for you to take.For now the best thing to do is to get those coins out of those platforms.
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
December 26, 2020, 10:34:20 PM

Is bitstamp a major exchange that Usa users use?  Im from the US but outside the US most of the year.  I can't use gemini because they need me to have an sms us number to use it.  Coinbase... i dont even want to use it based on what others say.

Bitstamp, someone told me they use it as they are also american but outside the us most of the time and use it to cash out crypto to their us bank account.

My question is why are us customers using bitstamp to use xrp and other coins when they have access to coinbase/gemini/binance us and bittrex us? 

Also isn't it true you could only withdraw via bank wire and no ach so its more expensive for us users?
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1343

View Profile
December 30, 2020, 08:42:30 PM

We are in the same boat.
Good suggestions are already above this post.

I am still in the middle of a decision whether to sell or not.
Expecting.
Well, I think I'll keep it too until maybe everything will get cleared and it can bounce back again once investors decide to buy again.

Just be careful just because XRP is the 4th coin in the market it means that it is going to be there forever, while it is not the same look at what happened to bitconnect which was one of the biggest coins at the time and it still disappeared, XRP is going down and now it is barely above 0.2 if this tendency continues its price could crash below the 0.1 level and you must take into account that this is happening during a bull market, what do you think it will happen to XRP if the price of bitcoin begins to crash?
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
December 30, 2020, 09:05:08 PM

I am in the US.  Bitstamp requires US customer to withdraw XRP.  If Coinbase, Bittrex, Kraken in US also delist XRP then what exchange that I can transfer XRP to?  Or what is the personal cryptocurrency wallet or app that I can transfer my XRP to?  Thank you.
Why do you panic like this. you are not dealing using central currencies, if the third largest currency is affected by banning it in a country, it is better to think carefully about that currency.
The price will be affected, but you can still sell. If I am in your place, I will try to buy more because it means the best opportunity to make some quick profits.
you can use any Dex wallet or exchange. try coinomi and this topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2906237.0

The problem is you don't know if the the dump will stop after you buy it. It's easy to say buy in the dip but in the situation like XRP it's really hard to decide since you know there are a lot of exchange already delisted it and you don't know who's next or are you able to trade it again later? I think the better things to do right now is to wait to what will happen to the case of SEC before deciding to buy so you will see in what price is the good entry to buy.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

Rengga Jati

Activity: 2002
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2020, 11:35:37 PM

Same with me, I bought XRP at 0,6 more and now still holding it.
Fortunately, I still keep it in my exchange wallet in my country, it is still listed there.

You and all of the XRP holders in the US may feel bad about this especially when many more big exchanges announce delisting this coin.
Every day the price is dumped because of that bad news again and again.
SEC really knows how to break XRP

And then, yeah, the easiest way to store your XRP if want it for long-term investment is using an offline wallet or if it is paid, you can choose to mobile wallet. Trust wallet is easy to use and it is a multi-wallet. There are several choices of the coins to store there.
Hopefully, the problem of XRP can really be clear and solved.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: