Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:11:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin has a lot of interest outside of the USA  (Read 1609 times)
PrintCoins (OP)

Activity: 533
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 04:32:58 PM

http://www.google.com/trends?q=bitcoin

Top Regions:
1.   Russian Federation   
2.   Ukraine   
3.   Sweden   
4.   New Zealand   
5.   Finland   
6.   Czech Republic   
7.   Norway   
8.   United States   
9.   Australia   
10.   Poland

Top Languages
1.   Russian   
2.   Swedish   
3.   English   
4.   Finnish   
5.   Polish   
6.   German   
7.   Danish   
8.   Dutch   
9.   Italian   
10.   Chinese   

I think it is measured in relative terms, so that should be considered. It is still interesting to see something where most of the documentation is in english, taking off in other countries.

Why is the interest so high in Russia in particular? It looks like it has double the hits as any other country.

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nmat

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 05:05:06 PM

Why is the interest so high in Russia in particular? It looks like it has double the hits as any other country.

Not for the best reasons I suppose...
PrintCoins (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 05:47:40 PM

I don't think it is cracker and criminals. This would be too high of a result for such a small segment of the population.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 05:50:47 PM

I don't think it is cracker and criminals. This would be too high of a result for such a small segment of the population.

That segment of the population is much higher in Russia than in other countries, so, I would dare to say it is.
In Russia even criminals are more tech minded, not like the US, where they just get a gun and mugg you on the street lol
klaus
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 05:54:16 PM

maybe 300,000 OKPAY user ...

bitmessage:BM-2D9c1oAbkVo96zDhTZ2jV6RXzQ9VG3A6f1​
threema:HXUAMT96
niko

Activity: 756

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 04:57:52 AM

Quite interesting to watch interest over time on Google Insights... You can see a surge and then decay of searches from China, followed by the recent surge from Russia.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2011, 05:04:59 AM

Quite interesting to watch interest over time on Google Insights... You can see a surge and then decay of searches from China, followed by the recent surge from Russia.

Also, it'll be interesting to watch as each country falls out of favor of (or is it in?) the Euro zone.
Steve

Activity: 868
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2011, 06:06:56 AM

I have a few friends that are Russian…they went to great lengths to escape the communist regime during the 80's and don't hold governmental systems in high regard.  Having lived through a collapse of an economic system, I suspect many middle aged people in Russia would be much more receptive to alternative currencies such as bitcoin.

(gasteve on IRC) Does your website accept cash? https://bitpay.com
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2011, 06:59:07 AM

I have a few friends that are Russian…they went to great lengths to escape the communist regime during the 80's and don't hold governmental systems in high regard.  Having lived through a collapse of an economic system, I suspect many middle aged people in Russia would be much more receptive to alternative currencies such as bitcoin.

Interesting insight!
btc_artist

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2011, 07:00:05 AM

Hopefully interest around the world will grow and keep growing.

BTC: 1CDCLDBHbAzHyYUkk1wYHPYmrtDZNhk8zf
LTC: LMS7SqZJnqzxo76iDSEua33WCyYZdjaQoE
PrintCoins (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 05:37:14 PM

Interesting insight!

Agreed. It is easy to trust in the promises of political leaders, but when that trust is undermined, it is undermined in a big way.

All around the world people are starting to distrust the economic policies of national fiat money producers. Quantitative easing does not put dollar holders at ease. This is why precious metals are off the chart in price. This is also why our little bitcoin project has such a pulse. Yes, it was a great invention, but even better it was a great invention at just the right time.

It doesn't take much to get people running for the hills from a questionable currency. For this reason I think that there will be a second crazy bitcoin bubble when a fiat currency faces a crisis of confidence. I don't think it will last though, and their will be another dip after the bubble.

Ok, enough reading tea leaves for one day Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: