Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:03:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [INFO] PEELING A CASASCIUS METHODS  (Read 230 times)
MrMojoRising26 (OP)

Activity: 593
Merit: 705

View Profile
December 26, 2020, 10:33:20 PM
Merited by minerjones (2), Heisenberg_Hunter (2), Hox (2), -doubleU- (1)

First of all do not peel casascius coins if possible, but if you do here is another way you can try. A week or so ago I was planning on peeling a casascius coin that I have. I would rather not peel it, but I just do not feel comfortable shipping a coin worth over 10k. I would like to have my btc available to sell when the time comes I feel the need to do so, but I would also like to keep the coin and have the holo looking good. So anyways when you peel a casascius coin it leaves the honeycomb tamper proof pattern behind, and I was thinking of how could I peel it and leave the hologram in the best shape possible so I decided I was going to try a new method which was to take an Exacto knive and carefully carve out the private key (you gotta be very careful not to carve up the private key and keep a steady hand) I was able to do it pretty well for my first try and the hologram still looks pretty good overall. I think if others try this method it may carry a higher premium when reselling down the road someday. I was hesitant to post this because of course there are bad actors out there that would try this and try to resell it to someone as a loaded coin or whatever the case may be, but if you have the coin in hand it is quite obvious the private key has been compromised. So if you are buying high-valued items on here please use a trusted escrow or someone that has a good history on here and inspect the coin very carefully. The good thing is you can check the coin's address for a balance, and we have great escrows on here that can inspect coins. Most members here are trustworthy as well!. Hopefully, I don't get hate for this, and some of you find it useful if anyone needs help, or has questions message me. Here is a short video of the coin. https://imgur.com/xNZedSe
peeled comparisons
#1 the complete peel
#2 the half peel keeping some of the hologram in tact
#3 exacto knive method

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iBitcoinHongKong8
Copper Member

Activity: 438
Merit: 175

View Profile
December 27, 2020, 12:58:30 AM

Thanks for the information with this post. What software and/or hardware did you use to get the BTC and then all the forks off the coin? Did you feel safe while doing so with your methods? The more you go into detail the better in terms of how you extracted the BTC, BCH, BSV and anything else you wanted to grab off the coin(s) the better. I'd merit you but I'm completely out of merit! So I'm asking sincerely what your particular methods were for getting all the value off the coin digitally. I understand there's a whole different world for physical tampering, but for myself I'm mostly interested in the digital sweeping or extracting the value of the coin from the Cas or whatever to moving it to a more secure place such as a HW wallet. Thanks in advance!

iBHK8
MrMojoRising26 (OP)

Activity: 593
Merit: 705

View Profile
December 27, 2020, 03:02:38 AM

Thanks for the information with this post. What software and/or hardware did you use to get the BTC and then all the forks off the coin? Did you feel safe while doing so with your methods? The more you go into detail the better in terms of how you extracted the BTC, BCH, BSV and anything else you wanted to grab off the coin(s) the better. I'd merit you but I'm completely out of merit! So I'm asking sincerely what your particular methods were for getting all the value off the coin digitally. I understand there's a whole different world for physical tampering, but for myself I'm mostly interested in the digital sweeping or extracting the value of the coin from the Cas or whatever to moving it to a more secure place such as a HW wallet. Thanks in advance!

iBHK8
I tried the ballet wallet, but it did not work for some reason unknown. I ended up sweeping the btc on exodus then the remaining forks on coinomi BCH,BSV,BTG. there are other forks still out there, but that's all I could find on coinomi. I am not sure where to claim the other forks yet if you know fill me in please.
iBitcoinHongKong8
Copper Member

View Profile
December 27, 2020, 03:18:39 AM

Hi Mojo,
Take a look at this thread....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5303860.msg55941150#msg55941150

We're all just trying to ensure everyone is as secure and safe as possible and Krogoth went above and beyond here to help ensure that! Would love your feedback!

iBHK8
iBitcoinHongKong8
Copper Member

View Profile
December 27, 2020, 07:21:26 AM

I tried the ballet wallet, but it did not work for some reason unknown. I ended up sweeping the btc on exodus then the remaining forks on coinomi BCH,BSV,BTG. there are other forks still out there, but that's all I could find on coinomi. I am not sure where to claim the other forks yet if you know fill me in please.

With regards to this specific question I've found Coinomi and Ballet to both be magical when sweeping the forks and in that order. Sometimes one will support a Bitcoin Diamond then the next time it won't so not sure why and when they decide to support or drop support for a coin but usually it's the very random not worth very much coin or project and I'm assuming it likely causes more of a headache and/or security risk for them to continue to support them. I'd say you grabbing what you grabbed off Coinomi is plenty fine enough in my opinion as you're grabbing 99% or so of the value! Thanks again for your post. It's very nicely detailed!

iBHK8
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: