Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:19:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you really 'Sell High and Buy Low' in this 2020 BITCOIN Bull Run?  (Read 760 times)
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1299

View Profile
December 27, 2020, 11:19:08 PM

Is it really possible to 'Sell High and Buy Low' in this bull run?

First I sold some at 19600 hoping it will pull back before crossing 20k and I will buy back at 'LOW'. It never pulled back. 

Then I sold some again at $25k milestone, hoping that it will pull back which never did.  I then sold some at $25800 hoping it will pull back before going further. And again it never pulled back.  BITCOIN is just going ATH after ATH.  BTC is setting new ATH every day, if not every hour  Grin  I stopped selling now  Cool

It's not like I am complaining, far from it!  I am enjoying every bit of it.  But how can we really follow the mantra of 'Sell High Buy Low' Huh Tongue

Just don't sell anything until $500k+, then only a little.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
December 27, 2020, 11:37:04 PM

This is a very short-term trading, and its hard regardless of the trend - be it bull market, bear market or sideways market. Theoretically this method is the most profitable, because you are making money on every single price change if you trade perfectly, but no one trades perfectly, and most people don't trade even close to perfectly.

Trying to sell high and buy low is just too greedy, most investors entered at $10k and below, so they have already made at least 150% profit. This is already a good place to start selling at least some amounts, so you can look at it from the "buy low sell high" perspective instead.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
24Kt

Activity: 1092
Merit: 67

View Profile
December 27, 2020, 11:40:45 PM

This is a very short-term trading, and its hard regardless of the trend - be it bull market, bear market or sideways market. Theoretically this method is the most profitable, because you are making money on every single price change if you trade perfectly, but no one trades perfectly, and most people don't trade even close to perfectly.

Trying to sell high and buy low is just too greedy, most investors entered at $10k and below, so they have already made at least 150% profit. This is already a good place to start selling at least some amounts, so you can look at it from the "buy low sell high" perspective instead.

If you are good at scalping strategy, you will get good profit at a short period of time. But you need to closely monitor the market movement. Because one wrong move, and all your profits from your scalping will be gone. But I can say, you can still make money from even at 26k. Like for example, if btc right now is at 26343, you can wait a bit and sell it when it reaches at 26500, which is more than possible to happen. But of course, you need to check also the fees involved.
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4152

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2020, 06:44:30 AM

You would have probably just held unto your bitcoin and now you'll be in massive gain. I always advice the strategy of holding doing bullrun and not try outsmarting the market as the chances of your succeeding become minimum. Just look at the charts, every day after the 25th bitcoin recorded a new all time high, with such movement it'll be very difficult to predict when it's the best time to sell.

If you can actively monitor the market you can take advantage of the slight correction that happens if bitcoin tries crossing a new all time high but gets rejected. Examples yesterday bitcoin cross $28k but got rejected to its current price and now trading at $26.8k, there's every possible of it retesting the $27k and probably $28k price again so you can keep an eye on the market to catch the movement when it's about to happen or set a buy limit order.

The next milestone you should keep an eye on is $30k as that's the price bitcoin would have to test to continue this bullrun. If it can't break that resistance then we'll be experience some corrections that if there isn't enough support we might fall back to $20-$23k price range.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
PerfectCircle

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 06:54:19 AM

Buy low and sell high? This is not a good time for that and it's more riskier than ever, now bitcoin is so much bullish and still unpredictable too, the best strategy is of cos buying low and selling high but the right time is what people don't know

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
kentrolla

Activity: 1554
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2020, 07:01:00 AM

If you are ready to take risk then you can because risk is equal to reward when it comes to market, l will share a small risk which I took last week I bought it for 23.3k and sold it for 23.6k I was continuously watching the market for few hours then I invested and made profit because I know the market was trending as there were lot of positive news about BTC so I planned it well and made profit. Everything is based on our strategy and plan if you are good enough then sure you can have a try.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 906

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 07:27:35 AM

You can't buy low and sell high,while doing day trading during a bull run.
Now it's the time for "waiting for the right time to sell" trading strategy. Grin
I wonder what will happen with all the people and companies,who are buying BTC right now.The risk of a potential price crash increases every day and this price bubble will eventually burst,causing panic selling among all the traders,who bought at a high price.
I really hope that the market will calm down after the holidays.My predictions of a not-so-active crypto market during the last two weeks of 2020 didn't came true. Grin

maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 07:33:46 AM

I am not really can buy low and sell high in this bull run. But I am trying to buy bitcoin when the price is down, so I divide my order buy into some parts and place it on the market. If the price moves down quickly, I will cancel the order buy and wait for a while, although my first order buy is filled, I still have some money to be placed on the next lower price. By using that, I think I can buy bitcoin in many ranges of price, and some of them will be at a lower price, and after that, I only need to wait for the price to pull back to the high price. But that strategy will not always work because the price can rise back after it is down, so watching the market when the price moves will be better.
LittleBitFunny

Activity: 1428
Merit: 129

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2020, 07:51:36 AM

All you can do is split your BTC into two parts. One part is for long term investment and the other part is for your needs.
You will never sell part of your long term investment, you will hold on to it no matter how much the price of Bitcoin goes up.
And with the second part you can do day trading or weekly trading. I follow this rule myself. I will never sell my holding BTC unless I need it much.

fahmimajannat

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 08:02:20 AM

At this moment It's not possible i think.
I tried a few days back. But after doing this for 1 time the coin price haven’t decreased yet.
So the chances are lesser than before it was.
But despite this u can do good business with some specific lower graded coins.
But it will be too risky cz they can dump anytime with any price.
So you have to analyze the coin first for 2/3 days.
Than if u think it is suitable for you u can buy it.
But the problem is you have to wait for a period of time because of their small market cap.
But anything can happen. You just have to trigger the right button with a little bit of luck😁

◆▬▬▬◆Adonx.one◆▬▬▬◆
◆▬▬◆▬▬◆A New Exchange Era◆▬▬◆▬▬◆
◆▬▬▬◆▬▬▬◆BUY NOW!◆▬▬▬◆▬▬▬◆
Mistafreeze

Activity: 897
Merit: 284

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 08:46:36 AM

First I sold some at 19600 hoping it will pull back before crossing 20k and I will buy back at 'LOW'. It never pulled back. 

Then I sold some again at $25k milestone, hoping that it will pull back which never did.  I then sold some at $25800 hoping it will pull back before going further. And again it never pulled back.  BITCOIN is just going ATH after ATH.  BTC is setting new ATH every day, if not every hour  Grin  I stopped selling now  Cool

It's not like I am complaining, far from it!  I am enjoying every bit of it.  But how can we really follow the mantra of 'Sell High Buy Low' Huh Tongue
Sell high and buy low is not everyone's cup of a tea. Sometimes you lose a lot of profit if you sell early assuming you are selling at high because you never know how high BTC will go.
Let's say someone bought BTC at $5000 and sold at $10000.
Now though he made double of his investment, yet he lost more than what he earned.
On top of that, he might never be able to buy BTC again at that price.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 09:01:16 AM

You lost some of your profit because you sold your bitcoin earlier than waiting to up the price.if the price goes down again you can buy bitcoin but make sure the price will not ho down more because if that happen you will lose money.

It is good for the shorterm trading to the bitcoin because the price sometimes down but after few hours is rise you need to watch the movement so you can decide when do you buy again you need to watchful to the price to buy the lowest value for this year.
jaresmerel001

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 09:56:53 AM

That is particularly risky in the case of bitcoin, as sentiment remains bullish, with analysts expecting an ongoing bull run on increased institutional demand. While there may be a temptation to optimize through different trading strategies, the new money should adhere to certain strategies 1) stay long 2) buy dips.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 10:15:48 AM

I personally Not going that way When Bullrun like this starts ,First it is very risky as everyone is Looking at exit price like yours ,Meaning while you are selling others are also in the Same position Just waiting for a right value to decide and pull the trigger.

Second if you did not achieve or succeed having another dump You'll be in regret all your life ,So in bullrun you must choose between the two.

Buy now and Hold still ,Or sell now and wait for the correction to buy again ,things that may happen surely after the Bull.
pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 10:42:20 AM

I think in this market no body can guess the high rate of BTC that is where it will go peak. As everywhere good and positive news i think it will go a big record in year 2021 and then will be more at all. Your selling system good to me and if i were in your place i also took selling like you so now we have to wait for see the top peak price of BTC.  Cheesy Grin Grin
Rishabh riyz

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 11:47:53 AM

yes bitcoins is growing in value and its a stable growth , but it isn't the only cryptocurrency that is growing ,
one can invest their BTC in other crypto currencies , yes this might seem risky but after a good research and study of alt coins one can predict its us and down in near future .
and about the profit I personally think BTC can be manipulated  due to many institutional investors and may go down ,but these small cryptos can give us a good return is invested properly . of course it comes with its own problems of remembering and storing them in different wallets , but investing in more than one asset is comparatively safer than hoping that the on you invested would grow.     
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 11:51:16 AM

Sometimes being a hodler will be more profitable than being a trader especially when an asset is in price discovery mode. You can still sell high and buy low, just zoom in on the price action. Wink
"Buy low, sell high" is the fundamental philosophy of traders and investors alike. That's how you can make a profit in any market.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 12:09:16 PM

There are 2 ways where you can profit in crypto trading it's either buying low and selling high or buying high and then sell low.  Which the latter is something that can really be risky since you won't have really have any kind of safety with your rrade. Now I'm not saying that they  at a bad situation but from what I have said in my previous post related to this trading without safety is ike doubling the risk you wanna take since you may never know when Bitcoin is about to go down.
dimonstration

Activity: 2590
Merit: 660

Dimon6969

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 12:40:52 PM

There are 2 ways where you can profit in crypto trading it's either buying low and selling high or buying high and then sell low.  Which the latter is something that can really be risky since you won't have really have any kind of safety with your rrade. Now I'm not saying that they  at a bad situation but from what I have said in my previous post related to this trading without safety is ike doubling the risk you wanna take since you may never know when Bitcoin is about to go down.
If we were able to monitor the market we will be able to buy somehow at lower price and sell in much higher price like what day traders do, all that we need is to be active in monitoring the price to be able to do that, but if we're aiming a too much difference in price then we will need to wait for some corrections, those who do day trading is still able to earn at these bull run.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
buwaytress
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3443

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 12:56:32 PM

Been looking at the charts with a little more attention than normal the last week or so (yeah, I know, I have free time suddenly and I ought to spend it on more useful things but it's quite fun during an ATH ongoing no?). Daily swings each day is well over 10%. I imagine traders doing both ways have been just turning over profits like crazy.

Does make me wish I'd trade occasionally. 10% a day for a week is basically doubling the capital. Of course, you could get caught out just as easily. Anyone thinking to do the flips around 20k now missing out on the 28k.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██