Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:11:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Baby Step Giant Step Combined Efforts to Find 1.2 Bitcoin  (Read 1828 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
WanderingPhilospher (OP)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 219

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 12:39:42 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2021, 04:57:09 AM by WanderingPhilospher

UPDATE: I have removed all the BSGS files from version one, for the combined effort, on this page. The BSGS exe file located on main page is the same as Jean Luc's; I just added the function where it will print and save a text document with the public and private keys. The combined effort seemed to cause confusion because of the pub key shift so now it's back to just searching in the actual 120 bit range. Users can still share ranges searched. I will upload a simple python and batch file to randomly choose ranges to search and keep track of those ranges via a text file.

I have tweaked the code of Jean Luc Pons' Baby Step Giant Step program ( https://github.com/JeanLucPons/BSGS ) to help find the #120 puzzle in the Bitcoin Challenge Transaction ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5218972.0 ).

Not everyone has a GPU or a high powered GPU to use programs such as Bitcrack or Kangaroo methods. But mostly everyone has a CPU, and that is what powers the Baby Step Giant Step (BSGS) program...the CPU located in your computer. Now, everyone has a chance to help crack the puzzle. One major advantage over Kangaroo methods, the BSGS is easy to give different ranges to workers without losing in complexity which is not possible with Kangaroo.

Download the exe files and batch files here:
https://github.com/WanderingPhilosopher/BSGS

The tweaks I made to the original code include:
a random range generator
the program now automatically creates the input file:
Baby Step Size
Start Range
End Range
and applicable Public Keys (to search for)

All you have to do is download the tweaked program and the already made batch file. Once you download the files, place them in the same folder and double-click on the batch file. The program will automatically start searching for the public key. That's it. It's that easy.

What you will notice in the folder you placed your files in:
an input file will automatically pre-fill
and there will be a file called ranges_searched.txt

After we run the program for awhile, people can send me their ranges_searched.txt file and I can keep track of ranges searched and maybe this will help us narrow down to a smaller range in the future. Or, people can post how many ranges they've already searched and we can keep a running tally.

I took the #120 public key (120 bits) and compressed it down to 117 bits to make our search range 8 times smaller.

What happens when you find the public key?
If your CPU finds a key, a text document called, FOUNDKEYSFOUNDKEYSFOUNDKEYSFOUNDKEYSFOUNDKEYSFOUNDKEYSFOUNDKEYSFOUNDKEYSFOUNDKE YS.txt will be created in the folder and it will contain the private key and the public key. Send that information to me, along with your bitcoin wallet address, and I will recreate the original #120 public key, and we will split the 1.2 bitcoin 50/50. It's that easy.

How I am running the program on my computer:
I have downloaded the 16 BSGS exe files and the 16 batch files. In each batch file, it calls to use one CPU thread (-t 1). So I run as many of the batch files/programs as my CPU can handle. On an i5-4690, with four instances running (4 threads total), each thread completes a range in about 9 seconds. So that's 4 ranges checked every 9 seconds, which on the safe side, this one computer checks about 34,560 ranges a day. Let me know how fast your computer completes a range.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WanderingPhilospher (OP)

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 12:40:07 AM

Reserved for OP...
WanderingPhilospher (OP)

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 12:41:17 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2021, 05:02:08 PM by WanderingPhilospher

Total Ranges Searched Update:

(4,408,795,336,777,138,176 individual keys checked; that I know of)
WanderingPhilospher (OP)

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 12:42:29 AM

Reserved for OP.....
bigvito19

Activity: 706
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 09:36:43 PM

How to run all the batch files at the same time?

And what's the total ranges to be checked for #120?
WanderingPhilospher (OP)

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 10:32:08 PM

How to run all the batch files at the same time?

And what's the total ranges to be checked for #120?
To run all four, I start with one, double click on it, then go to the next, double click on it, etc. until you have all 4 running.

Total ranges, if it takes to the last range to find the key, is 2^73. But, each range is checked within 10 seconds. So, the more CPUs running, the better!
dextronomous

Activity: 428
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 08:32:18 PM

hi there wandering,

could we use another pub-key instead of the baked in ones.?

the first public is 0 btc and compressed 0 btc. and the rest of the list of public keys  has 0 btc to.
has it got anything to do with the puzzel and how we find the right private key for the wrong pub-key?

thanks a lot great app, getting 5MK/s  1 thread with an i5, very fast all ranges 2^25 2^22 is what i keep seeing,
WanderingPhilospher (OP)

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 10:36:42 PM

hi there wandering,

could we use another pub-key instead of the baked in ones.?

the first public is 0 btc and compressed 0 btc. and the rest of the list of public keys  has 0 btc to.
has it got anything to do with the puzzel and how we find the right private key for the wrong pub-key?

thanks a lot great app, getting 5MK/s  1 thread with an i5, very fast all ranges 2^25 2^22 is what i keep seeing,
Hey there. Those pubkeys all tie back to the #120 pubkey. If we find any one of them, we solve the private key for #120.
PrivatePerson

Activity: 173
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 30, 2020, 06:50:34 AM

Estimated search time?
Closed-source software?
Only the author of the software can decrypt the result?

Sorry I have difficulties with translation, so I didn't understand everything.
WanderingPhilospher (OP)

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
December 30, 2020, 04:06:05 PM

Estimated search time?
Closed-source software?
Only the author of the software can decrypt the result?

Sorry I have difficulties with translation, so I didn't understand everything.
Estimated search time for each range, under 10 seconds, with 1 CPU thread. Search time for entire range, depends on how many people join the effort.

It's just another way to combine efforts to search for the #120 puzzle as mentioned above. I would like to have it hosted on server, with server client connect, like a mining pool, but I do not have that ability...yet.

The software is built off of JLP's BSGS program. The things I tweaked are stated above, the random and input file automation.
PrivatePerson

View Profile
December 30, 2020, 05:54:18 PM

Estimated search time for each range, under 10 seconds, with 1 CPU thread.
How many ranges are there?
WanderingPhilospher (OP)

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
December 30, 2020, 06:26:40 PM

I updated the programs, now there are 16, and added additional batch files for each program. They are located here:

https://github.com/WanderingPhilosopher/BSGS

Now, each program is designed to check a specific range.

Example, the BSGS1A program will only check ranges in the 1Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx range.

I also updated the random range generator so the duplicate ranges checked is small, as it now calls on specific computer functions to set the random generator. This is tested on Windows only, may not work on Linux.
WanderingPhilospher (OP)

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
December 30, 2020, 07:43:58 PM

Estimated search time for each range, under 10 seconds, with 1 CPU thread.
How many ranges are there?
A lot...jump in and help with the effort Smiley
PrivatePerson

View Profile
December 30, 2020, 08:49:49 PM

If more than 500x Tesla V100 cannot solve 120 bits at the moment, then there is no point in trying to do it on processors.
WanderingPhilospher (OP)

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
December 30, 2020, 09:17:04 PM

If more than 500x Tesla V100 cannot solve 120 bits at the moment, then there is no point in trying to do it on processors.

Well, I mean that is your opinion. However, I do not believe Zielar has been running his machines for #120.

It's all about processing power...regardless of the method. More people have CPUs than GPUs. The more who run the program, the better the odds. Like I stated, BSGS allows us to give different ranges to workers without losing in complexity which is not possible with Kangaroo.

Also, the BSGS is faster in solving these subranges, and it provides 100 percent guarantee that a key doesn't lie in the range, whereas Kangaroo can run forever and still not be 100% sure a key is in a range.

I am also running a Kangaroo program with GPUs for #120. But this program gives another option for people. No one is forcing you PrivatePerson. Either run it or don't. Only guarantee I can give you is that if you don't run it (or another program) you have zero chances of finding #120.
dextronomous

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 11:49:16 PM

so new version is nice and not able to choose the pub key i want.

;could that be implemented, in the console asked for pubkey and bits,
something like that,

thanks again for your time,
happy new year 2021
WanderingPhilospher (OP)

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 04:21:53 AM

something like that,

happy new year 2021

What pubkey and bits (better if exact range) are you looking to search for/
dextronomous

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 12:36:52 PM

something like that,

happy new year 2021

What pubkey and bits (better if exact range) are you looking to search for/
hi wandering,

any would do good, 120th only down to or up to 160 no limits.
elvis13

Activity: 26
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 04:16:50 PM

WanderingPhilospher! Please post screenshots of how to use your program. I'm ready to try.
dextronomous

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 02:27:10 PM

WanderingPhilospher! Please post screenshots of how to use your program. I'm ready to try.

Hi there Elvis13,

you don't need screenshots just download the stuff from github, put it somewhere. after you select the bat files you want to run,
it will run by itself and show you information, let us know.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: